BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-14-2014, 11:36 PM   #23
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

after owning numerous bmw(3 car)
i always had this m3 thing, after i test drive i knew i had to have it.
monday is the day i am paying deposit on the one i have been looking.
congrat to you op and i better cook now lol
i will probably make new thread next week after i seal the deal
car is going to be 08, e92 6spd cf roof with no nav cf trim with only 15k miles!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 12:18 AM   #24
AlpineV8
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 DCT

Congratulations on finding the right vehicle. I know all too well what that's like. I previously had an 08 Jet Black E90 6MT with black leather and I loved it! But.... it wasn't MY ideal car.

I always wanted Alpine white with a two-tone interior with M drive. I knew I wanted newer because of the upgraded/updated idrive system etc. I could have gone either way with the trans but I was leaning toward the DCT because on occasion I drive in a bit of traffic or with the wifey and I wanted a free hand and no clutch.

I searched. And searched. And then just like that... I found what I really wanted. A 2010 with low mileage and everything I wanted. When I got to the dealership someone was out test driving my car!!! Well I told the sales rep to start the paperwork right away and he passed along word that the car was sold! I got it. Yeah I pulled a fast one but it really is the perfect M for me. Plus it's got some features that my other E90 didn't which I'm finding pretty cool (rear screens on all windows as well as the power one in the rear window etc.) Not to mention I was a die hard 6MT man... or so I thought. Sequential shifting with the DCT has completely reinvigorated my driving spirit and when I feel like saving gas (Ha!! Yeah right!!) I just put it full auto mode. Which is very intuitive btw..

06-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #25
bdnnja
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 m3

Garage List
2008 Bmw m3  [0.00]
Awesome, I'm a bit envious since I have to wait until tomorrow before I pick up mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 08:56 AM   #26
Blue92
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92

Congratulations on finding/fulfilling your dream! I sense that you suffered a great loss and I wish you and your son the best... The M is also my dream car. When I was 16 my father returned from a business trip in Europe. I was into American muscle cars and we were discussing his experience on the Autobahn. He made mention of all the exotic cars and gave me a very subtle hint; "Of all the cars over there, the BMW is the one I would own first". Well, my dad never did get his BMW. He also passed away before I got mine BUT, I know that he's smiling down every time I push the start button! If you have the chance I highly recommend a trip to the Performance Center. Take the 2 day M school and you'll be hooked. I just attended their Advanced school at VIR at the end of April (for the 2nd time) and will be back there again next year.
My car is a '09 with 60k and I intend to keep it for many more years. Follow Mike Miller's maintenance schedule and enjoy your ride. You may also want to consider joining the BMW car club... the discounts on "new" vehicles and at the Performance center are well worth the membership dues.

Last edited by Blue92; 06-15-2014 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #27
RobertEvans
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue92 View Post
Congratulations on finding/fulfilling your dream! I sense that you suffered a great loss and I wish you and your son the best... The M is also my dream car. When I was 16 my father returned from a business trip in Europe. I was into American muscle cars and we were discussing his experience on the Autobahn. He made mention of all the exotic cars and gave me a very subtle hint; "Of all the cars over there, the BMW is the one I would own first". Well, my dad never did get his BMW. He also passed away before I got mine BUT, I know that he's smiling down every time I push the start button! If you have the chance I highly recommend a trip to the Performance Center. Take the 2 day M school and you'll be hooked. I just attended their Advanced school at VIR at the end of April (for the 2nd time) and will be back there again next year.
My car is a '09 with 60k and I intend to keep it for many more years. Follow Mike Miller's maintenance schedule and enjoy your ride. You may also want to consider joining the BMW car club... the discounts on "new" vehicles and at the Performance center are well worth the membership dues.
I appreciate the thoughts but perhaps I should clarify that the wife won't see my public appreciation for her simply because she won't ever be on the forum. However much thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #28
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertEvans View Post
Well...finding the right one happened a lot sooner than I thought but here it is....

Picked up in IL on Monday June 3rd on a private party deal. I could tell this car had really been loved, taken care of, and not abused. Got all the maintenance records from day one, window sticker, etc, etc... Seller was looking for the right buyer as much as I was looking for the right M3.

Specs: 2008, Jerez Black, Fox Red interior, 6MT & every option checked. Picked up just shy of 46k miles. The interior looks brand new...couldn't be happier.

This car is everything I thought it would be and more. I love it more every time I look at it, get in it, and drive it. The sound, feel and look is incredible. It really feels like you're connected to the car when you drive it...you can tell these M3's with the S65 have a lot of soul.

Thought I would have some mods I would want to do when I got one but it's damn near perfect as is.

Thanks for all the advise from the forum this far...couldn't have done it without you guys and everything I have learned here. And even though she won't see it...I need to thank my wife because she understood how long and how much I've wanted an M3 and helped to make it happen.

Nice car, Good luck w/ it.. My old 08 e90 w/out Nav is at a dealer up north in NJ, thought this may have been it.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #29
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Congrats! JRZ Black/Fox is an awesome combo!
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #30
izzyM2
Major
Rep
Drives: 24’M2/21ID.4/21’MacanGTS

Looks super clean... congrats!
Appreciate 0