BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

02-12-2008, 02:40 AM   #89
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Now don't focus your attentions on me. I'm just going to stand off to the side eating the reduced fat popcorn and will occasionally interject my sardonic yet mirthful comments.
Indeed, your sardonic posts truly are an asset to this forum.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 04:26 AM   #90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Sorry to say it mate but is that the kind of line-up for someone coming on to a M3 forum, are you not mistaking this site for theatre lovies with rides.

Though I am very surprised by the line-up, there isn't really anything sporty there. You do need something like an M3 or possibly a new GT3 to inject some masculinity.

Just joking.
Like I said, already had an m3, an E46 SMG. I still love m3's, and have been very interested for that reason in the E46 successor. I felt it had big shoes to fill, and believe it did. The M3 is a great car and very fun, but its a kids toy. If I had to have one car, I would always choose an M3 for the reason that it does everything very well.

Nowadays though, I would rather put the top down in the SL and cruise PCH than carve canyons. And btw, take an SL for a spin some time, it will suprise you. It doesn't have the tactile response of an M3 (what benz does?) but it can get your blood pumping if you know how to coax it. I guess I am over pushing a car to the limit all the time, and am looking at what else can it do for you? If anything "masculine" is going to be added it will be a porsche 997 turbo. A GT3 is great, but I am not a track junky and the turbo is more of my kind of ride.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 06:08 AM   #91
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Well then the 996Turbo is the car for you, unless you wart to fork out more for the newer model.

Personally I would never buy a Ferrari, I understand why some people rate them very highly but I prefer either a Porsche or Lamborghini. With both these brands there isn't the same snobbery that you get for Ferrari owners, though in fairness there is exception to every rule.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 07:37 AM   #92
Patricius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
...You can, go get a 612, new...
And add it to your stable of chick cars? That'll go nicely. A bunch of housewive's cars and a totally undesirable 2+2 Ferrari. You'll be the talk of the polo club in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
Please, continue to amuse me peasant.
Oh, I will. Resorting to personal attacks based on socio-economic status. Real sharp! You have me right where you want me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
What ferrari dealership is that over there? I mean, one of the 3 local ferrari dealers has more cars allocated to it than your entire state.
Algar Ferrari, do your homework. Arguably the best Ferrari dealer in the nation. Anything you say negatively toward them just amplifies how blind you are.

Your ignorance about what Pennsylvania is like, specifically the suburbs of Philadelphia, makes you sound like a retard. Maybe a retard with a lot of money, but hey that's at least motivation for me if someone so ignorantly pompous as yourself can make it - who says I can't?

PS - Trust fund baby? I've never met anyone as defensive, cocky, or rude who hasn't had their entire lives handed to them. Simple question.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #93
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

I must say, I can sleep easier at night knowing Sticky is alright for cash. What with his fantastic personality, it makes for an unbeatable combination.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #94
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Another thread in the toilet--seems to be the trend around here.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #95
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

So in conclusion, yeah the consensus is to definitely take the M3 over the M6.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #96
Patricius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Another thread in the toilet--seems to be the trend around here.
Thanks for the reality check, Greg. I'm at fault for drifting the thread off-topic, so you have my apologies. I'll try to hone back in on the OP:

From my perspective, the M6 is a great car. However, the M3 and M6 typically appeal to two very different demographics because they serve two completely different purposes. The M3 is a more nimble, great all around car, and the M6 is bigger, more comfortable, and it makes me feel like it's more of a luxury cruiser when compared to it's baby brother.

After driving the M6, my feelings were confirmed. Perhaps if I were older I'd want the 6 more.

I think comparing these cars is like comparing the 135i and the M3. Both are fantastic, but we're talking apples and oranges.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #97
the_stranger
Captain
India
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT

Garage List
I havent driven both of them, but as far as the looks are concerned, I think the M3 looks much better.

2008 e92 M3 6MT AW/BLACK (SOLD)
2009 e92 M3 6MT AW/FR
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #98
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
And add it to your stable of chick cars? That'll go nicely. A bunch of housewive's cars and a totally undesirable 2+2 Ferrari. You'll be the talk of the polo club in no time.

Oh, I will. Resorting to personal attacks based on socio-economic status. Real sharp! You have me right where you want me now!

Algar Ferrari, do your homework. Arguably the best Ferrari dealer in the nation. Anything you say negatively toward them just amplifies how blind you are.

Your ignorance about what Pennsylvania is like, specifically the suburbs of Philadelphia, makes you sound like a retard. Maybe a retard with a lot of money, but hey that's at least motivation for me if someone so ignorantly pompous as yourself can make it - who says I can't?

PS - Trust fund baby? I've never met anyone as defensive, cocky, or rude who hasn't had their entire lives handed to them. Simple question.
Don't you have a barn raising to attend?

The 325xi, definitely the ride that comes to mind when I think of manly rides. It is definitely emasculating any time you get into a porsche, mercedes, or rolls royce, especially when it isn't the lowest end model they offer

Excuse me, I have to go crap caviar.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #99
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
I must say, I can sleep easier at night knowing Sticky is alright for cash. What with his fantastic personality, it makes for an unbeatable combination.
Wait, wait, wait, you can't buy a personality?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #100
Patricius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't you have a barn raising to attend?
Hey. I think we got off on the wrong foot. It's clear we know nothing about eachother, and we both got out of hand and into an e-peen measuring contest over cars that neither of us are in perfect situations to purchase at this point. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones, because we aren't proving anything here by flexing our internet muscles. It sounds like you are perfectly stable in your life, which is dandy.

Barely being 24, owning 2 BMWs outright and purchasing my first home within the next 6 months is nothing to laugh at, so I'd appreciate if you'd at least tone down the peasant remarks.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #101
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
Hey. I think we got off on the wrong foot. It's clear we know nothing about eachother, and we both got out of hand and into an e-peen measuring contest over cars that neither of us are in perfect situations to purchase at this point. I'm willing to let bygones be bygones, because we aren't proving anything here by flexing our internet muscles. It sounds like you are perfectly stable in your life, which is dandy.

Barely being 24, owning 2 BMWs outright and purchasing my first home within the next 6 months is nothing to laugh at, so I'd appreciate if you'd at least tone down the peasant remarks.
Man, seriously, who cares? Think about it, you said we know nothing of each other so should it really matter that someone you don't know calls you names? Good for you, owning 2 bmw's and purchasing your first home soon is something to be proud of. Just remember, you are the one who jumped to the conclusion that I could not possibly be in a strong enough financial position to live in an area with people of high "stature." It doesn't matter, so its all good, I don't think it is necessary to continue this nonsense any further or have me go take pictures of my home and my neighbors now is it?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #102
Patricius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It doesn't matter, so its all good, I don't think it is necessary to go any further or have me go take pictures of my home and my neighbors now is it?
I was thinking more of your wife and your girlfriend, but whatever
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #103
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Man, seriously, who cares?
Exactly--certainly not this forum.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #104
m0n0x!de
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 E46 M3

Buy the M6! That's what i would do!
      02-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #105
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Sticky,

I might be wrong in this so please don't have a go at me but the original question was '$80K for an M3 vs used M6'. I'm right in saying that though you like the M3 and think it's a great car, it's ten a penny in SoCal and you want to stand out so to speak. Well then surely you have already answered your original question, the M3 is too common and the M6 fits the bill.

Problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #106
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Sticky,

I might be wrong in this so please don't have a go at me but the original question was '$80K for an M3 vs used M6'. I'm right in saying that though you like the M3 and think it's a great car, it's ten a penny in SoCal and you want to stand out so to speak. Well then surely you have already answered your original question, the M3 is too common and the M6 fits the bill.

Problem solved.
I never asked the original question, I answered it within the imposed parameter of 80k from my perspective.
Appreciate 0