BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

09-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #67
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Now, that's dirty!

And this doesn't look good.

Yeah man, I'm amazed this thing runs at all!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #68
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Yeah man, I'm amazed this thing runs at all!
Lemon Law!!
      09-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #69
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

Wonder what they were doing? Endurance test in first gear?
      09-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #70
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI6 View Post
Don't get me wrong- I like Jerez. It's just that in the other shots in this thread the blue is so easy to spot and in fact looks purplish at times. Hell, in one video earlier some people thought it was Interlagos! If you see blue in these pics it's not from the paint- it's from the fact that black paint when shiny and new will reflect and mirror colors/images around it. In this case it is reflecting the sky, which is blue..........

All I'm saying is compare these shots with the rest of the cars in this thread- they look completely different..........

Could I be wrong- sure. But I have owned nothing but Black cars all my life and the car with KUC plates is IMHO Jet Black.......
I see what you mean. These last pics look darker than, say, the first pic in post #33. However, the look at the other two pics on post #33; they look just as dark as the Hungarian pics. Also, the Hungarian pics were taken by a real photographer with proper equipment. Who knows what the other pics were taken with, which might explain some of the strong blue hues.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 12:59 PM   #71
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Fellas,

The article itself refers to the color as a bavarian metallic black with a deep almost basalt look to it. Of course I was using a crappy free translator so who knows what is really said. But I believe this is Jerez Black.

Jason
      09-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #72
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
Fellas,

The article itself refers to the color as a bavarian metallic black with a deep almost basalt look to it. Of course I was using a crappy free translator so who knows what is really said. But I believe this is Jerez Black.

Jason
Should we really trust the Hungarians?.......

If it really gets this dark than I like it much better than I thought. What we really need are some good Jet Black pics. Those should be coming soon.........
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #73
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Should we really trust the Hungarians?.......

If it really gets this dark than I like it much better than I thought. What we really need are some good Jet Black pics. Those should be coming soon.........
Well we really need to find a hungarian to verify this for us because I am really digging Jerez if this is in fact Jerez.

MetalFekete is what the color is called in the article. I put it through a translator and it came out with Metalloid Black. The next word was Bavarian and then jibberish followed by deep basalt...so who knows what is really said.

Jason
      09-08-2007, 01:13 PM   #74
1198r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Having just seen a Jerez black in the flesh, this car is indeedy Jerez black - it's an awesome colour
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #75
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1198r View Post
Having just seen a Jerez black in the flesh, this car is indeedy Jerez black - it's an awesome colour
Thanks for the confirmation. This color choice was killing me; I now know what I want exactly!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 02:29 PM   #76
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Jerez def. is must for me now.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #77
1198r
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation. This color choice was killing me; I now know what I want exactly!
Pleasure. I was a bit worried cause I changed to Jerez from space grey, but am glad I stuck it out. The car was in a showroom -and not the best place to see it, but the colour looked amazing - I thought it had a purple tinge to it, my partner thought it was blue - guess different eyes, but it just made the car look so menacing. I agree with people that black needs to be kept clean, and can honestly say, it would be a pleasure to keep this car clean, cause the colour is SO DAMN GOOD. In fact, I gonna get it properly waxed up before it leaves the showroom using ZYMOL and I will ask the detailer to take before and after shots and post them on here for you all.

Two other things: the car had high gloss finish - not worth the extra cash in my opinion. The carbon roof looked awesome and I think it goes well with the car - again making it look mean - man I can't wait. Only a few more weeks.:rocks::rocks:
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #78
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree with people that black needs to be kept clean, and can honestly say, it would be a pleasure to keep this car clean, cause the colour is SO DAMN GOOD.
I won't have any problems rubbing this car for 15 minutes several times a week!

Quote:
The carbon roof looked awesome and I think it goes well with the car - again making it look mean - man I can't wait. Only a few more weeks.:rocks::rocks:
This is good to know. So, you are saying the dark CF roof which is not really black does not result in an awkard combination/contrast?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #79
1198r
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I won't have any problems rubbing this car for 15 minutes several times a week!

This is good to know. So, you are saying the dark CF roof which is not really black does not result in an awkard contrast?
Not in my opinion and it did not stick out at all (in terms of looking a weird colour against the black), but it could to some.

I think it adds to the car's menacing mysterious look. I absolutely loved it.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #80
1198r
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Two pictures to help you realise you made the right choice - I hope they come out as I seem to have trouble seeing if they do attach on my Mac. Please help if they are not rotated properly.

Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #81
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
To make it easier for others to download. Thanx for sharing!
Attached Images

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #82
Mini Me
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman S PDK

Metallic black

"Well we really need to find a hungarian to verify this for us because I am really digging Jerez if this is in fact Jerez."

I am Hungarian and I read the article and pasted the paragraph that stated that the color is metallic black.

Thank God, that 1198r gave us clarification, as well.

Last edited by Mini Me; 09-08-2007 at 08:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 11:03 PM   #83
JEllis
Major General
Rep

Oh the new pics look good and show how the dark the color can look. I think this is def a color you need to see in person though. I am pretty excited.

Jason
      09-09-2007, 06:24 AM   #84
EBuyuk
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Part II. Courtesy of member Mini_Me.
I have noticed in the interior shots that this car loks like it has extended leather. However, unlike in the M5/M6 when you order full leather, the dashboard isn't in leather. That is one of my favourite parts in the M5, it looks so classy. I hope that there is a way to order that.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #85
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBuyuk View Post
I have noticed in the interior shots that this car loks like it has extended leather. However, unlike in the M5/M6 when you order full leather, the dashboard isn't in leather. That is one of my favourite parts in the M5, it looks so classy. I hope that there is a way to order that.
You mean the black leather on the upper dashboard!? That looks really good on M5. But the full leather on the M5 costs about 6 grand more than the extended leather on the M3. Anyway I'm sure Individual would make that for you if you want (is Individual available in Turkey?), question is how much would that cost and are you willing to pay that price...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 08:58 AM   #86
EBuyuk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
You mean the black leather on the upper dashboard!? That looks really good on M5. But the full leather on the M5 costs about 6 grand more than the extended leather on the M3. Anyway I'm sure Individual would make that for you if you want (is Individual available in Turkey?), question is how much would that cost and are you willing to pay that price...

Best regards, south
That's exactly what I mean. It looks great with the leather there and the stitches on the leather. Individual is an option here so I will ask my dealer when I go to order the car. That extra leather is worth the extra money IMO. Also does the car come with Alacantara headliner? I am just waiting to go to the M3 driving experience and drive the car first before I go to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #87
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBuyuk View Post
That's exactly what I mean. It looks great with the leather there and the stitches on the leather. Individual is an option here so I will ask my dealer when I go to order the car. That extra leather is worth the extra money IMO. Also does the car come with Alacantara headliner? I am just waiting to go to the M3 driving experience and drive the car first before I go to the dealer.
No,the car doesn't have an Alcantara headliner. Be aware that these things would be an one-off production. That will be really pricey...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #88
EBuyuk
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
No,the car doesn't have an Alcantara headliner. Be aware that these things would be an one-off production. That will be really pricey...

Best regards, south
I see, Thanks. I don't know if I can get the leather dashboard, but alcantara headliner should be an easy fix. At least here in Turkey. There are many excellent aftermarket places that can get that on and make it look like it came from the factory that way. And it would be inexpensive as well.
Appreciate 0