BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

07-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #45
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

The deal that was offered seems good to me with one major issue. The "defectiveness" of this particular hood is somewhat subjective. How bad does the fitment need to be before both parties consider it defective? Is Arkym going to actually check the fitment on an M3? Doubt it. They'll look at it and say: "yep, looks good, no obvious manufacturing defects". OP could easily get screwed on the shipping, which is not cheap.
      07-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #46
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
The deal that was offered seems good to me with one major issue. The "defectiveness" of this particular hood is somewhat subjective. How bad does the fitment need to be before both parties consider it defective? Is Arkym going to actually check the fitment on an M3? Doubt it. They'll look at it and say: "yep, looks good, no obvious manufacturing defects". OP could easily get screwed on the shipping, which is not cheap.
Yep, my point exactly.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #47
bobby@pyspeed.com[retired]
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

James,

Roll play with me. I am not representing PYSpeed with what I am about to say:
Please let everyone know why you can't just send the hood back to Arkym, and wait for another one. Oh yes, your hood was vandalized by someone that may have not been emotionally stable for only reasons you know. I'm just saying, these are the main causes of these types of occurrences. In your words: "I would appreciate open replies so the community can see whether or not you are trying to help above and beyond the norm, and so that as a single person people can see I have nothing to hide." So this dilemma you have in needing a hood was this caused by Pyspeed? This was a rhetorical question. We all know the answer. If you had an oem hood that was in perfect shape, would you have requested a new one sent first?

From the very beginning I have been seeking ways to help you in your dilemma by trying to reduce the time you are without a hood. I tried to trouble shooting from afar, which is very difficult as one can imagine, all the reasons possible to prevent your down time- being hoodless. I thank you for taking the hood to multiple shops to get their opinions. I only wish we could have seen it for ourselves and this would have been taken care of instantly. But this just showcases how polar things are with internet purchasing --You can get anything from someone across the world but when there is a problem it takes a lot more time and effort to resolve. This should be common sense to everyone as we at some point have experienced this.

"To rejoice in another's prosperity, is to give content to your own lot: to mitigate another's grief, is to alleviate or dispel your own."
Thomas Edwards

This is Bobby PYSpeed back in representing PYSpeed:

Pyspeed has followed the steps of how a business should be run to allow past, present ,and future customers the opportunity to purchase great automotive performance products at great prices. I am breaking the mold and taking a risk to further our relationship with you, James, and offering to pay for a new Arkym hood. I will have Arkym ship one out to you as soon as possible. All that is required from you is to pay for the shipping of your current 'defective' hood once the new one has been installed. Once Arkym has inspected the returned hood and it is found to be defective you will be reimbursed the shipping you paid to Arkym. If it is found to be just like all the rest of the hoods then there will be no reimbursement for shipping.

Please pack the hood well in the same fashion as it was sent to you and make sure you put insurance on it as well. If you do not, you will be liable for any shipping damage and the cost of the hood.
I will hope that all goes smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #48
bobby@pyspeed.com[retired]
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

James,

One more thing to remember. Please mark the "defective" hood with a big X using masking tape so it will not be confused with the new one as they will look exactly the same. And please make sure it is clean before sending.

I will also need you to give me the go ahead to get this started.

Thank you,

Bobby
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #49
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Thank you Bobby for coming through. Original post has been UPDATED.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #50
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Hope the new hood works out!
      07-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #51
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby@pyspeed.com View Post
Please let everyone know why you can't just send the hood back to Arkym, and wait for another one. Oh yes, your hood was vandalized by someone that may have not been emotionally stable for only reasons you know. I'm just saying, these are the main causes of these types of occurrences. In your words: "I would appreciate open replies so the community can see whether or not you are trying to help above and beyond the norm, and so that as a single person people can see I have nothing to hide." So this dilemma you have in needing a hood was this caused by Pyspeed? This was a rhetorical question. We all know the answer. If you had an oem hood that was in perfect shape, would you have requested a new one sent first?
What does this have to do with anything? If he had an OEM hood, it's not a reason why a customer should have no issue with returning the defective one first. It's called customer service.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #52
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Hope the new hood works out!
Thank you Julie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
What does this have to do with anything? If he had an OEM hood, it's not a reason why a customer should have no issue with returning the defective one first. It's called customer service.
+1.

--

New hood was ordered this passed Sunday (don't ask), time frame of 3-4 weeks. Let us see how this goes.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #53
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

I have some experience with this hood there is adjustments which can be done to close gaps! It does take a while to get it installed properly usually about 3 hrs. There are just too many points on the hood which can be adjusted and tilted.

My 2 cents

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #54
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

I don't know, but in my opinion, this whole thread should have been a private convo between the original poster and pyspeed. I myself had a great experience from Pyspeed in buying a new set of wheels, and found them to be very helpful and responsive... Many other people I know have said the same thing about them. Before going off and flaming a company, at least give them a chance to rectify a situation. Specifically Bobby, he is a great guy to work with and is all about providing excellent customer service!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #55
ZRODDICK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: WHITE E92 M3/Mineral X7 M60i

Garage List
2023 BMW X7 M60i  [10.00]
2008 BMW M3  [10.00]
WTF

AW E92 M3 08 DCT RPI GTM&AFE Stg2 BBS
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #56
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

if the situation is resolved to your satisfaction, OP, might I suggest you edit the thread title? it's pretty inflammatory.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #57
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

This is why I only use OEM aftermarket parts..other aftermarket stuff..ESPECIALLY body parts are total hit or miss
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #58
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
if the situation is resolved to your satisfaction, OP, might I suggest you edit the thread title? it's pretty inflammatory.
I haven't received my hood yet!

Also, I'm unsure to why I would change it. People should be able to see what situation occurred and how they handled it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #59
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
This is why I only use OEM aftermarket parts..other aftermarket stuff..ESPECIALLY body parts are total hit or miss
Unfortunately for me I thought Arkym really did have 100% fitment guarantee and now I'm not in a position to sell the hood as a new one hasn't come in yet and then I wouldn't even feel comfortable with selling that one knowing what problems people may have. For body parts in general now I realise OEM, TechArt (Porsche) and Motorsport24 are the only way to go. Nothing else compares on any level.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #60
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post

Also, I'm unsure to why I would change it. People should be able to see what situation occurred and how they handled it.
do what you will. it's just a suggestion. and I meant to say edit it if the situation is resolved (in the future). sorry to not be more clear.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #61
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
When are you supposed to get it? It's been two months now.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #62
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
do what you will. it's just a suggestion. and I meant to say edit it if the situation is resolved (in the future). sorry to not be more clear.
I completely understand your initial point and I will do a follow up, once it has arrived.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #63
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
When are you supposed to get it? It's been two months now.
Well PYSpeed has forwarded me to Arkym and dealing with them isn't the easiest as it is e-mail only. They say the hood is ready but they are waiting for their shop car to get back from a few events they have made commitments to, to ensure the hood has 100% fitment. No solid date has been issued thus far, I know their car is in NYC right now for a show but after that? Who knows man. The one thing that pisses me off right now is every time I wash the car excess water flurries along the sides of the car and leaves watermarks even if an air hose is used in between the gaps of the hood and fender.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #64
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well PYSpeed has forwarded me to Arkym and dealing with them isn't the easiest as it is e-mail only. They say the hood is ready but they are waiting for their shop car to get back from a few events they have made commitments to, to ensure the hood has 100% fitment. No solid date has been issued thus far, I know their car is in NYC right now for a show but after that? Who knows man. The one thing that pisses me off right now is every time I wash the car excess water flurries along the sides of the car and leaves watermarks even if an air hose is used in between the gaps of the hood and fender.
That ain't right.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #65
ailikesiliu
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90m3 997.2gt3rs

Do du u run around with no hood on now?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #66
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
That ain't right.
Yet here we here brother. They are also 'actively seeking local members to come in' to have a test fitment of my hood done. Should have just gone OEM, I learnt my lesson!
Appreciate 0