BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

12-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
p-streets
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

CEL

Has anyone got a CEL with a dinan stage 2 software I think my dealer instaled the stage1 and said it was 2 because my CEL came on and have not had this issue before untill now when my car got serviced and my recipt said stage1 I said something about it but my SA said it was a mistake on recipt now I'm thinking bs is there anyway to check this besides going back to the dealer
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

If you don't have the mid-pipe but have the mid-pipe software you should get the light. If you have the mid-pipe and no software you'll get the light......got it? ............Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
p-streets
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep

I have a full xpipe set up with the software never had issue before with the software untill 2 weeks ago when my car got serviced I'm ready to put the dam stock cats back on and fuck it but I just love the sound off my Remus with the pipes
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-streets View Post
I have a full xpipe set up with the software never had issue before with the software untill 2 weeks ago when my car got serviced I'm ready to put the dam stock cats back on and fuck it but I just love the sound off my Remus with the pipes
Dealer didn't load the correct software. Take it back and have it corrected. It only takes about 40 minutes..............Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
p-streets
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep

Kinda figured that it's the second time first time they didn't load it at all I'ma have a fit this time it's like a 45 min to a hour drive even though I have a lil bit of fun in the road sometimes it's a hassle
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

OP I have had this set up for quite a while before going the dark side with the SC. With having the Dinan XPipe and the stage 2 software you should get no CEL light. If you brought the car in for service they may have reflagged the vehicle and removed the software. Always make sure to tell them you have the Stage 2. I'm sure they know as you have probably told them and they did it, but people in the service can have repeated brain farts.

It should not cost you anything to get it reflashed.

Happy driving and be safe. Great sound with the Dinan XPipe
Appreciate 0