BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #287
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman913 View Post
BMW always changes both rotors and pads. For safety reasons they want to keep the rotors as thick as possible. All M cars have very expensive brakes, so i too got the extra coverage for $875 for 3 years/60000km. But you have to have less than 12,000 km on your car when you buy it. The business office people should have mentioned this when you had bought the car.
I bought my car from The BMW Store in Vancouver and they allowed me to add this warranty at 20,000 km's. I guess I got lucky.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #288
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrg View Post
I bought my car from The BMW Store in Vancouver and they allowed me to add this warranty at 20,000 km's. I guess I got lucky.
Wow I wonder if I can add it to mine. I just past 15000km.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #289
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Anyone going to the track tonight? Will probably be wet, but still fun!!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #290
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
Definitely worth trying.
When I called, I spoke with the business manager.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #291
batman913
My Garage is only for Manual Transmissions or EV's
Rep
Drives: Boxster GTS 4.0, Tesla M3P

Quote:
i got mine at 11,000km, but no one checked my car. He just took my word for it. I was reading that BMW mag we all get where it mentioned the 12,000km limit, but the contract i signed said 25,000km. Don't know which is more current, but i think the mag is. Also, they only charge $50 more for M cars vs normal 3 series, but our brakes are close to quadruple that of a 328i. So i would highly recommend it to all M owners.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #292
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Anyone going to the track tonight? Will probably be wet, but still fun!!
I wanted to but waiting for new tires to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #293
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Spoke with my sales rep @ Calgary BMW and they will still offer me the free service plan. Did most of you do the 3,4 or 5 year plan?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #294
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Spoke with my sales rep @ Calgary BMW and they will still offer me the free service plan. Did most of you do the 3,4 or 5 year plan?
i did 3 year 60k.
is anyone doing the lapping event next Monday?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #295
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I think I will do the 3 year too.

Also I will be doing the lapping on Monday. Guess I will see you there.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 10:29 PM   #296
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

As long as my tires arrive.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 01:25 AM   #297
batman913
My Garage is only for Manual Transmissions or EV's
Rep
Drives: Boxster GTS 4.0, Tesla M3P

Quote:

I did the 3 year one too, but now having second thoughts on doing the Five year. Do you know how much for the Five year?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #298
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

5 year is $2150
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #299
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

So my gearbox has always been pretty rough since new, especially from 1st to 2nd, and sometimes into 3rd. I finally brought the car in to the dealer today for them to check to see if it's ok, not only are they trying to charge me for $150 to look at the suspension (WTF, why is this even being looked at when I complained about the gearbox), but they took it on an 11km joyride. Apparently they couldn't replicate the problem in 11km, but I could do it without even leaving the parking lot. I've always heard bad things about Calgary BMW, especially with modified cars, but never experienced it myself until today.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #300
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Bummer on that, they have always seemed pretty good to me but I haven't brought in a heavily modded M3

What happens with the shifting? What are all the symptoms?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #301
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
So my gearbox has always been pretty rough since new, especially from 1st to 2nd, and sometimes into 3rd. I finally brought the car in to the dealer today for them to check to see if it's ok, not only are they trying to charge me for $150 to look at the suspension (WTF, why is this even being looked at when I complained about the gearbox), but they took it on an 11km joyride. Apparently they couldn't replicate the problem in 11km, but I could do it without even leaving the parking lot. I've always heard bad things about Calgary BMW, especially with modified cars, but never experienced it myself until today.
11km joy ride, shocking!
I recommend taking it Tunerworks and ask for Bobby.
They have a lot of experience with cars like yours.
BMW should have been able to figure this out.
Seems fairly straight forward.
I hated my stock shifter.
Pretty happy with my UUC SSK.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #302
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

11 km seems high, I would expect 5-8 km if they were looking for the problem.

You gotta call the service manager and give him the story. Nothing will change and you will not get the solution unless you being it up.

I know we all bitch about the service sometimes but if shit goes wrong it is even more important to talk to the management there.

You got your car there didn't you?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #303
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i with MPE

Not going to the track next Monday as went last Monday with Jay and going to the Exotic Day tomorrow (Sunday) from 9-4.

So after I had my front brakes done as I mentioned I was feeling a vibration while braking, especially on the track. Took it back to BMW and of course, my rear brakes needed replacing. So, $1200.00 for the rears (they did rotors as well which I think is bull). So that's $2800 for my brakes in total. The thing that really pissed me off....... 16.1 km on my car when I picked it up!! And the power button was on!!! (it stays in the last setting even once car turned off since I got the Dinan software).

Once Kevin is back.... I'm bitchin'.
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 E92 M3; Eisenmann Race Exhaust / Dinan 3.62 Limited Slip Differential / Dinan Software / Dinan High-Flow Intake / Dinan Camber Plates / Dinan Lowering Springs / Dinan Sway-Bars

Last edited by Jimmer; 07-18-2009 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 05:18 PM   #304
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i with MPE

One other thing.....

Just looked closely at my work order. My brakes were still "pulsating" after they repleaced the fronts last week so took it back in. Work order says: "road tested car and confirmed brake pulsation. Pad thickness-5mm. Replaced rear brakes and road tested. Found significently less pulsation. Pls note front rotors are starting to warp from excessive heat due to driving profile. Recommend aftermarket oversized brakes more suitable for track use."

They replaced my front brakes last Thursday!! So I drove it from Friday to Monday then had a track evening Monday night which was VERY easy night as track was wet (2.5hrs - approx 4 sessions, around 15 laps each) and my rotors are warping already!?!?!?!? WTF??? 4 days city driving and 1 lapping evening and my $1600 front brakes are going already!!
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 E92 M3; Eisenmann Race Exhaust / Dinan 3.62 Limited Slip Differential / Dinan Software / Dinan High-Flow Intake / Dinan Camber Plates / Dinan Lowering Springs / Dinan Sway-Bars
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #305
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Bummer on that, they have always seemed pretty good to me but I haven't brought in a heavily modded M3

What happens with the shifting? What are all the symptoms?
It's very rough shifting into first and second, sometimes third, and makes a grinding noise when shifting fairly often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrg View Post
11km joy ride, shocking!
I recommend taking it Tunerworks and ask for Bobby.
They have a lot of experience with cars like yours.
BMW should have been able to figure this out.
Seems fairly straight forward.
I hated my stock shifter.
Pretty happy with my UUC SSK.
Tunerworks can't help with a warranty issue, it needs to be done at a BMW dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
11 km seems high, I would expect 5-8 km if they were looking for the problem.

You gotta call the service manager and give him the story. Nothing will change and you will not get the solution unless you being it up.

I know we all bitch about the service sometimes but if shit goes wrong it is even more important to talk to the management there.

You got your car there didn't you?

I did get my car there, as well as the one before, and I will definitely be speaking to the service manager on Monday.

Also I forgot to add that when I dropped my car off I was at a specific song on my iPod, with the stereo turned off, and when I turned it on yesterday after picking up my car it was on Vibe 98.5 and really loud too. I guess blasting music is an essential part of BMW test drives.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #306
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
It's very rough shifting into first and second, sometimes third, and makes a grinding noise when shifting fairly often.

Tunerworks can't help with a warranty issue, it needs to be done at a BMW dealer.

I did get my car there, as well as the one before, and I will definitely be speaking to the service manager on Monday.

Also I forgot to add that when I dropped my car off I was at a specific song on my iPod, with the stereo turned off, and when I turned it on yesterday after picking up my car it was on Vibe 98.5 and really loud too. I guess blasting music is an essential part of BMW test drives.
Totally seems like someone took advantage of that opportunity.
Really hard to focus on the issues when the stereo is blazing.
You are right about Tunerworks not being able help with the warranty I just thought that this problem maybe cured by a short throw shifter kit.
I hope everything works out for you.
Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #307
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
One other thing.....

Just looked closely at my work order. My brakes were still "pulsating" after they repleaced the fronts last week so took it back in. Work order says: "road tested car and confirmed brake pulsation. Pad thickness-5mm. Replaced rear brakes and road tested. Found significently less pulsation. Pls note front rotors are starting to warp from excessive heat due to driving profile. Recommend aftermarket oversized brakes more suitable for track use."

They replaced my front brakes last Thursday!! So I drove it from Friday to Monday then had a track evening Monday night which was VERY easy night as track was wet (2.5hrs - approx 4 sessions, around 15 laps each) and my rotors are warping already!?!?!?!? WTF??? 4 days city driving and 1 lapping evening and my $1600 front brakes are going already!!
Quote:
Not going to the track next Monday as went last Monday with Jay and going to the Exotic Day tomorrow (Sunday) from 9-4.

So after I had my front brakes done as I mentioned I was feeling a vibration while braking, especially on the track. Took it back to BMW and of course, my rear brakes needed replacing. So, $1200.00 for the rears (they did rotors as well which I think is bull). So that's $2800 for my brakes in total. The thing that really pissed me off....... 16.1 km on my car when I picked it up!! And the power button was on!!! (it stays in the last setting even once car turned off since I got the Dinan software).

These guys in the service department are shocking.
Is there no accountability there?
Did you try and buy the extended warranty?
Definitely going to swing by the track tomorrow to check out the Exotic's.
I hope it all works out.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #308
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
One other thing.....

Quote:

These guys in the service department are shocking.
Is there no accountability there?
Did you try and buy the extended warranty?
Definitely going to swing by the track tomorrow to check out the Exotic's.
I hope it all works out.
Appreciate 0