BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

06-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #265
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
Hey Jason,

Missed you at the lapping night on Monday. Jay had me teaching all night, did I just miss you?

Anyway, Calgary BMW and I are still in "discussions" as they have the plates and I haven't got my money back for them. So I'll either be getting the plates back or my money back.... I would think. I'll let you know if I get the plates back and want to sell them.
I ended up missing Monday. Did the weather hold out? I have 2 herniated disks in my back so somedays can be pretty bad.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #266
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i with MPE

Anyone know of a Exotic car rental in Calgary? I don't think anyone does that anymore. I've got a buddy wanting to rent one.
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 E92 M3; Eisenmann Race Exhaust / Dinan 3.62 Limited Slip Differential / Dinan Software / Dinan High-Flow Intake / Dinan Camber Plates / Dinan Lowering Springs / Dinan Sway-Bars
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #267
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

Who has the AW E92 with Schnitzer wheels and a Supersprint exhaust? I've seen your car once at the dealer and on 4th St. a couple of days ago.

Anyway, let's get this M3 meet set. Any ideas for the date?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #268
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Anyone know of a Exotic car rental in Calgary? I don't think anyone does that anymore. I've got a buddy wanting to rent one.
Hey Jim,

Just an update as promised. Car felt worlds different with the new tires, suspension and camber. Was able to pull 70kph in the carousel without excessive tire wear, trailbreaking 3 became much easier, and was able to use throttle lift in 5 to keep the car in check. The NT05s feel a lot like an R comp for a couple of laps, much stickier than the PS2s and then they fall off very predictably.

As for the meet lets make it sooner rather than later. Summer will be over before we know it
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #269
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I am away this weekend but how does next weekend July 12th or 13th work for everyone?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #270
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I am looking for new tires.
Can anyone make some recommendations?
I am looking for good track tires/street tires.

I am planning to be on the track three more times this summer and I am hoping that they will not be shot after these three track days.
The stock Pilots worked well but they did not last very long.
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #271
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrg View Post
I am looking for new tires.
Can anyone make some recommendations?
I am looking for good track tires/street tires.

I am planning to be on the track three more times this summer and I am hoping that they will not be shot after these three track days.
The stock Pilots worked well but they did not last very long.
Thanks in advance.
Tire longevity and track performance are not 2 things you will get in the same tire. If you want as good or better performance as the PS2s then expect them to last about the same amount. I am guessing that I will only get 3 track days and about 5000km out of the Nitto NT05s. They are way better on the track then the PS2s though. That being said the tread depth on them is on 6/32. I think the RE11 may be a better tire on a heavy car likes ours since it has an 8/32 tread and supposidly has similar performance to the NT05. I will probably try out RE11s later this summer.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #272
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
Tire longevity and track performance are not 2 things you will get in the same tire. If you want as good or better performance as the PS2s then expect them to last about the same amount. I am guessing that I will only get 3 track days and about 5000km out of the Nitto NT05s. They are way better on the track then the PS2s though. That being said the tread depth on them is on 6/32. I think the RE11 may be a better tire on a heavy car likes ours since it has an 8/32 tread and supposidly has similar performance to the NT05. I will probably try out RE11s later this summer.
Thanks.
Are the RE11's Bridgestone?
This is the tire Tuner Works recommended.
Will try to get them on before the 13th.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #273
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks.
Are the RE11's Bridgestone?
This is the tire Tuner Works recommended.
Will try to get them on before the 13th.
Yep. Let me know how they work out. I should be there on the 13th as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #274
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hey Jim,

Just an update as promised. Car felt worlds different with the new tires, suspension and camber. Was able to pull 70kph in the carousel without excessive tire wear, trailbreaking 3 became much easier, and was able to use throttle lift in 5 to keep the car in check. The NT05s feel a lot like an R comp for a couple of laps, much stickier than the PS2s and then they fall off very predictably.

As for the meet lets make it sooner rather than later. Summer will be over before we know it
Thanks Jason,

That's great! Glad everything is working out. What camber settings are you running? I've got my camber plates going back in on Tuesday along with Dinan springs (and new front brakes....). Guys are suggesting to me -1.95 up front and -1.5 in the rear. Not too aggresive for a year round DD.

Agreed for the meet!!!

Quote:
-

Heard great things about the RE-11's as well. I would suggest trying those.

Quote:
Yep. Let me know how they work out. I should be there on the 13th as well.
As will my wife and I.....
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 E92 M3; Eisenmann Race Exhaust / Dinan 3.62 Limited Slip Differential / Dinan Software / Dinan High-Flow Intake / Dinan Camber Plates / Dinan Lowering Springs / Dinan Sway-Bars
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #275
E46_Legend
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Hey quick question guys, I just recently purchased a 2003 E46 M3 in phoenix yellow. While washing it yesterday I noticed that all horizontal surfaces have a rough feel to them. It feels like dust or something was baked into the surface and it now feels pretty coarse.

I'm sure a good detailing shop could get rid of this problem, can anyone recommend me to a good detailer here in calgary?

Thanks a lot !!!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #276
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46_Legend View Post
Hey quick question guys, I just recently purchased a 2003 E M in phoenix yellow. While washing it yesterday I noticed that all horizontal surfaces have a rough feel to them. It feels like dust or something was baked into the surface and it now feels pretty coarse.

I'm sure a good detailing shop could get rid of this problem, can anyone recommend me to a good detailer here in Calgary?

Thanks a lot !!!
Sounds like tree sap to me. I don't know any good detail shops in Calgary as I've never used one but have heard Calgary BMW actually does a pretty good job of it. You could try them. Not sure if they will have competitive pricing tho.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 08:29 AM   #277
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like tree sap to me. I don't know any good detail shops in Calgary as I've never used one but have heard Calgary BMW actually does a pretty good job of it. You could try them. Not sure if they will have competitive pricing tho.
They did a great job with my car.
I had a decent amount of rubber all over my hood after a track day.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #278
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Jason,

That's great! Glad everything is working out. What camber settings are you running? I've got my camber plates going back in on Tuesday along with Dinan springs (and new front brakes....). Guys are suggesting to me -1.95 up front and -1.5 in the rear. Not too aggresive for a year round DD.

Agreed for the meet!!!

-

Heard great things about the RE-11's as well. I would suggest trying those.

As will my wife and I.....
RE - 11's it will be.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #279
CPI
403_e39
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 ///M5

Garage List
*****OFFICIAL CALGARY MOTORWERKES MEET DETAILS*****
I'm setting up another meet on July 10, 2009 as a new shop for BMW and Euro enthusiasts will be opening up soon in Calgary. I believe this is the Grand Opening for the shop. This will be a meet and greet and I heard there is also a BBQ so drop by.

BTW i have No affiliation with the shop, just helping out with setting up a meet

These are the details of our location meet.

Member list going for all the people attending:

From 1addicts.com:

From E90post.com

1. CPI

From m3Post.com

From projecttechnik.com

other

Meet is scheduled on Friday July, 10, 2009 at Motorwerkes. Bay #2, 239-61st Avenue S.E.
Time: 4PM - 9PM

NOTES:
- Grand Opening
- Meet and Greet
- BBQ and beverages
http://www.motorwerkes.com/customers.htm

MAP is Below for those who don't know where to meet:

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,
CPI

||KWVI Coilovers||Matte Black Grille||28% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||H&S Exhaust||Exotics Tuning Lip||Slimmbones Rear Diffuser II||AngelIBright V3 Angel Eyes|| Fog light covers||UUC RK6 Shift Knob||
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 01:58 AM   #280
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm in.
Brian
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #281
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

I'm going to head down there around 6
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #282
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I may head down in a bit on my way to Secret Streets
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #283
E46_Legend
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Hey guys, hopefully I will be able to come down tonight to motorwerkes. I just bought a used E46 M3 1 week ago and this car is simply amazing.

I'll be coming down to check out some of the newer E9x M3's in calgary but I also want to get some advice from the guys at autowerkes for my paint condition.

If I do end up coming down ill be in the Phoenix Yellow E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 02:14 AM   #284
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Would of liked to come tonight guys but had a work function.

Heads up to everyone....

My car was in BMW for a few warranty things and camber and springs. So, when the lights came on saying my front brakes were done (I knew they were very low) I just thought I'd let them do those at the same time.
When I picked my car up and paid the bill I almost died. I guess I needed rotors too but had no idea of that, they just did them. I was thinking pads only at 35000km. So.... pads and rotors, FRONT ONLY.... ready.....

$1600.00!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #285
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Would of liked to come tonight guys but had a work function.

Heads up to everyone....

My car was in BMW for a few warranty things and camber and springs. So, when the lights came on saying my front brakes were done (I knew they were very low) I just thought I'd let them do those at the same time.
When I picked my car up and paid the bill I almost died. I guess I needed rotors too but had no idea of that, they just did them. I was thinking pads only at 35000km. So.... pads and rotors, FRONT ONLY.... ready.....

$1600.00!!!!!!
Hey,
Have you had your car for one year yet?
If not, you can buy warranty coverage that covers everything like clutch, brakes, wipers...
I paid $875 for 3 years and 60,000 kms.

Is anyone up for another meet next weekend?
Had some trades at my place fixing stuff Friday evening had to miss the event.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #286
batman913
My Garage is only for Manual Transmissions or EV's
Rep
Drives: Boxster GTS 4.0, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Hey,
Have you had your car for one year yet?
If not, you can buy warranty coverage that covers everything like clutch, brakes, wipers...
I paid $875 for 3 years and 60,000 kms.

Is anyone up for another meet next weekend?
Had some trades at my place fixing stuff Friday evening had to miss the event.
BMW always changes both rotors and pads. For safety reasons they want to keep the rotors as thick as possible. All M cars have very expensive brakes, so i too got the extra coverage for $875 for 3 years/60000km. But you have to have less than 12,000 km on your car when you buy it. The business office people should have mentioned this when you had bought the car.
Appreciate 0