BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

06-07-2010, 01:38 AM   #23
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Im in the UK and I got my order as promised by Alain, may have been a couple of weeks delay but I got them. I heard about all the problems with 360 after I ordered my wheels and as a result got very nervous about the whole thing. But hats off to them they answered every call and every email.
I never dealt with Jordan so I cannot speak for him, but his involvment does sound shady.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 05:18 AM   #24
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

What I want to know is why at the start of ADV1 when we kept asking if this is a 360 Forged company or is Jordan in the company, they all said NO? Now his coming back out as the OWNER? Man oh man I'm confused!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #25
305M3
305M3
Cuba
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

I'm not sure what the confusion on this issue was. If you ever went on the ADV1 website, you would know that Jordan is part of the team. That in itself should have answered the question from day ONE to the skeptics. If Jordan was not part of ADV1 and his association would in any way negatively affect the brand and potential sales, I'd think they would've removed his name long ago... better yet, his name wouldn't be there, period.

I do feel bad for the people who had a terrible experience with 360 Forged, but like several others here, I'm not here to debate on Jordan, his previous 360 Froged dealings, and/or his current dealings or involvement with ADV1, as I have never dealt with him or those companies previously mentioned. But let's be real here and use some common sense, if you had a terrible experience the first time around, hopefully you're smart enough to know that you may just experience that again (keyword of emphasis -- may). Now if you like the wheels and are comfortable making a purchase based on information made available to you, go for it! At the end of the day, it's your money and as with everything in life there are risks involved and nothing anyone can say is going to change that.

And although I cannot pass any judgment on the "tell all" article, I can honestly tell you that contained within the article may be many truths as well as many lies as to what actually transpired. These are the things that we as outsiders will never ever know. This of course is based on my professional experience in the daily dealings with both publicly traded corporations as well as privately held corporations. As they say, shit happens, it just sucks when that shit happens to you and you lose.

All that I have said before and I'm saying again is that at the end of the day, you as a a consumer must use common sense. Unfortunately, nothing anyone can say will stop the questions about 360 Forged, ADV1, and/or whatever other wheel company is associated with Jordan. So this will only continue until ADV1 delivers, period. And even that in itself will never bring to a close the endless forum debates. But do consider that for some reason or another, reputable vendors both in Miami and on this forum have decided to give ADV1 a shot. As I speak locally here, there must be a reason as to why Ben at Wheels Boutique or Omar at Active have decided to put their Company's reputation on the line with ADV1 and Jordan. Based on what capacity and assurances, who knows... but maybe, just maybe, knowing that you can actually place some sort of reliance on a reputable vendor will reduce the risk of your dealings.

With that said, I'll leave you all with this based on my research on other forums and local meets around town:

ADV1 - Haven't heard anything negative and so all I can say is that so far so good.

360 Forged - I've heard that things over at 360 Forged are back on track thanks to the efforts of Alain.

Forum Vendors - Nothing but good things to say as per my experiences. That also goes for our local guys, Wheels Boutique and Active. I try not to visit them, ever, but that's only because I suffer from impulse buying.

Forum Members - Don't stop posting, we all learn from these forums and each other.

To everyone on here, I wish you the best of luck with your decisions.
      06-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #26
Prit@Euro Autowerx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
What I want to know is why at the start of ADV1 when we kept asking if this is a 360 Forged company or is Jordan in the company, they all said NO? Now his coming back out as the OWNER? Man oh man I'm confused!
This was also the case with us, they kept on denying Jordan was the owner.... ADV very nice designs and its great that MHT is building their wheels, as clearly stated in their interview they have a lack of experience / zero engineering credentials to manufacture wheels. They are doing a fantastic job marketing, but thats where it ends.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #27
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

We all asked when they first started posting pictures last year of ADV1, is this 360 Forged, blah blah over and over again, it was ignored, or they said no.

I can tell you there is countless members on here who remember those few threads that got nocked down right away.

From what I hear, and I MAY BE WRONG, some people still have not had their 360 Forged purchase taken care of...

...why go off make a new company, new customers, if your old customers are still left out in the rain? We can argue forever on this matter, but I will tell you this, not everyone was a credit card paying customer, some did cash, and when I was younger and I made my first large purchase of wheels, it was all the money I had, plus some on my credit card. If I did not receive my purchase that would have been a large hit on my end.

One guy waited so long to file a dispute with his credit card, that the credit card company told him it is too late, and he was at their mercy.

ADV1 has nice wheels, the vendors who carry their line are great vendors, wheeladicts so on, those guys are all legit guys who would probably back up their customers even if ADV1 dropped out.

IMHO, I think its just all wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305M3 View Post
I'm not sure what the confusion on this issue was. If you ever went on the ADV1 website, you would know that Jordan is part of the team. That in itself should have answered the question from day ONE to the skeptics. If Jordan was not part of ADV1 and his association would in any way negatively affect the brand and potential sales, I'd think they would've removed his name long ago... better yet, his name wouldn't be there, period.

I do feel bad for the people who had a terrible experience with 360 Forged, but like several others here, I'm not here to debate on Jordan, his previous 360 Froged dealings, and/or his current dealings or involvement with ADV1, as I have never dealt with him or those companies previously mentioned. But let's be real here and use some common sense, if you had a terrible experience the first time around, hopefully you're smart enough to know that you may just experience that again (keyword of emphasis -- may). Now if you like the wheels and are comfortable making a purchase based on information made available to you, go for it! At the end of the day, it's your money and as with everything in life there are risks involved and nothing anyone can say is going to change that.

And although I cannot pass any judgment on the "tell all" article, I can honestly tell you that contained within the article may be many truths as well as many lies as to what actually transpired. These are the things that we as outsiders will never ever know. This of course is based on my professional experience in the daily dealings with both publicly traded corporations as well as privately held corporations. As they say, shit happens, it just sucks when that shit happens to you and you lose.

All that I have said before and I'm saying again is that at the end of the day, you as a a consumer must use common sense. Unfortunately, nothing anyone can say will stop the questions about 360 Forged, ADV1, and/or whatever other wheel company is associated with Jordan. So this will only continue until ADV1 delivers, period. And even that in itself will never bring to a close the endless forum debates. But do consider that for some reason or another, reputable vendors both in Miami and on this forum have decided to give ADV1 a shot. As I speak locally here, there must be a reason as to why Ben at Wheels Boutique or Omar at Active have decided to put their Company's reputation on the line with ADV1 and Jordan. Based on what capacity and assurances, who knows... but maybe, just maybe, knowing that you can actually place some sort of reliance on a reputable vendor will reduce the risk of your dealings.

With that said, I'll leave you all with this based on my research on other forums and local meets around town:

ADV1 - Haven't heard anything negative and so all I can say is that so far so good.

360 Forged - I've heard that things over at 360 Forged are back on track thanks to the efforts of Alain.

Forum Vendors - Nothing but good things to say as per my experiences. That also goes for our local guys, Wheels Boutique and Active. I try not to visit them, ever, but that's only because I suffer from impulse buying.

Forum Members - Don't stop posting, we all learn from these forums and each other.

To everyone on here, I wish you the best of luck with your decisions.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #28
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prit@Euro Autowerx View Post
This was also the case with us, they kept on denying Jordan was the owner.... ADV very nice designs and its great that MHT is building their wheels, as clearly stated in their interview they have a lack of experience / zero engineering credentials to manufacture wheels. They are doing a fantastic job marketing, but thats where it ends.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #29
davedave
Captain
Rep
Drives: Godzilla

Marketing and nice picture, that's all they know. If you want to buy it, make sure you purchase with your Credit Card that offer you with purchase insurance.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 11:49 PM   #30
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

I love that this never ends its so Juicy to keep seeing them go at it
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #31
305M3
305M3
Cuba
Rep

Alex/Prit, I couldn't disagree with either of you as I myself read those posts once ADV1 surfaced on the scene, not only on this forum, but others that I was a member of as well. Yet the answer to the "million dollar question" was there, clearly written/displayed on their website, and that to me in itself provided all of the answers I needed and automatically negated any reassurances from anyone else, whether vendor or non-vendor alike.

I'm sure everyone is asking themselves the same question as to why Jordan's involvement was denied so forcefully by many, only to be subsequently left scratching their heads for answers. But as with the many other things discussed and/or questioned, who knows. And yes, although it is both ethically and morally wrong in every aspect, business laws allow you to close shop with limited or no liability and move on to another venture free and clear, whether in the same industry or not and without any consideration for those who have been financially affected along the way.

But yet I keep coming back to the same thing and that is why I continue to emphasize using common sense and past experiences as a measurement tool in making educated consumer decisions.
      06-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #32
305M3
305M3
Cuba
Rep

You're going to need some never ending popcorn to go along with the real version of the never ending story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green///Hell View Post
I love that this never ends its so Juicy to keep seeing them go at it
      06-09-2010, 01:19 AM   #33
MasterDank
Boats & Hoes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5 Sakhir Orang,Chohiba

Man im so gladei never pulled the trigger on 360 jordan is a douche

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #34
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDank View Post
Man im so gladei never pulled the trigger on 360 jordan is a douche

Not sure you should worry about 360 as Alain and his crew seem to be back on track, worry more about ADV.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 02:20 AM   #35
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

Very interesting read!

Hope the new ADV.1 wheel owner won't do the same mistake he did with 360 forged.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2010, 02:51 AM   #36
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305M3 View Post
Yet the answer to the "million dollar question" was there, clearly written/displayed on their website, and that to me in itself provided all of the answers I needed and automatically negated any reassurances from anyone else, whether vendor or non-vendor alike.
I'm pretty sure the website wasn't up when the whole questioning of Adv.1 went live, as I tried to google them to no avail.
      06-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #37
artifice
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

This stuff just does not add up at all to me.

Where is the non-compete, where is the thing protecting 360 against its former owner. This is just crap... In no ones right mind would you bail a company out and be in the hole from the start to have the original owner up and open another company... NOOOOO WAY! This article victimizes Jordan which is retarded, almost to make you feel sorry for the guy, somehow it was the orders and manufacturers faults. There is way more to this story, but now-a-days, who cares.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #38
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: eeeeeeee92

If you go to the adv1 site , you can see that miguel and jordan are running the show over there. As someone posted before , adv1 can not be sold on the forums by no store or vendor because " jordan had screwed and stole money from many different customer's " How do you think adv1 was started? The list that was posted on 6speed , If you do the math , i believe it was 20-30 customer's @ 3k-6k that was taken. STOLEN MONEY = ADV1.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 02:18 AM   #39
PIMP "E"
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
so this dude took all these peoples MONEY(emotions) and no one have yet to go meet him face to face???
      07-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #40
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: eeeeeeee92

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMP "E" View Post
so this dude took all these peoples MONEY(emotions) and no one have yet to go meet him face to face???

, I wouldn't know that information , with the few other forums iam on , ADV.1 wheels cant be sold because of the con that was going on with Jordan , Who knows if it will happen again. Sit back and
Appreciate 0