BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

12-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #23
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Xoible View Post
i never said old c63.. if i did must have been a typo or something.

and it's a different engine in the new E63! at least it was tweaked. they got more hp and more torque now.
Yes they did get a tad more power out of it but it is the same engine. Identical in fact. You also state you miss the "old" E63 engine that you felt pulled harder (or felt that way) so I thought you may only be referring to the old SC 55 that did produce more torque and at lower RPM that perhaps gave you that impression. Not trying to pick a fight here, just clarifying things. I also think that the M3 and E63 (whether the new or old chassis) are not really comparable but its always nice to compare. lol
      12-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #24
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonigsTiger View Post
Yes they did get a tad more power out of it but it is the same engine. Identical in fact. You also state you miss the "old" E63 engine that you felt pulled harder (or felt that way) so I thought you may only be referring to the old SC 55 that did produce more torque and at lower RPM that perhaps gave you that impression. Not trying to pick a fight here, just clarifying things. I also think that the M3 and E63 (whether the new or old chassis) are not really comparable but its always nice to compare. lol
:werd: not trying to compare, but when you review something you automatically compare it to what you're used to, what you know...

as far as the feel it could be the gearing.. idk.. whatever i dont think im buying one. i just thought i'd share my thoughts
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #25
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
:werd: not trying to compare, but when you review something you automatically compare it to what you're used to, what you know...

as far as the feel it could be the gearing.. idk.. whatever i dont think im buying one. i just thought i'd share my thoughts
Thanks for sharing those thoughts, it does make me more confy so to speak in that I did not buy the E63 that the local Merc shop is trying to push on me, lol, am thinking of a large sedan though I donīt know which one yet. Need to replace an 2008 E500 by January more or less. Could acutally downgrade as well to a CClass, this is for a car I have in Arizona that I only us a few times out of the year when my wife, kids and myself go there on vacation.
      12-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #26
TOOMANYCARS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Thanks for the video, it sounds very good, except when it upshifts, sounds like there's a leak somewhere in the exhaust.
      12-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #27
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

It seems that everyone that has driven the new E63 has a complete different opinion that the OP. OP is on his own island.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #28
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
It seems that everyone that has driven the new E63 has a complete different opinion that the OP. OP is on his own island.
yes sir, also note that i drive a bimmer, and the rest all have merc's so they have lower standards
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #29
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
yes sir, also note that i drive a bimmer, and the rest all have merc's so they have lower standards
fwiw, I've probably owned more BMWs (and cars in general) than you ever have in your relatively short lifetime. Also I don't see a M5 in your garage. I do see a 528i. Is the M5 your parent's car? Your cousin's car? Etc..

I've come to realize that a lot of discussion from people here are about cars they make sound like they own, but actually don't......
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #30
Surfclown
Is this thing on?
Italy
Rep
Drives: the point home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post

I've come to realize that a lot of discussion from people here are about cars they make sound like they own, but actually don't......
So true. Would love to have first hand knowledge of many of the other cars discussed on this forum. Anyone want my thoughts on the '93 Nissan Bluebird?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #31
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

i agree with almost everyone here...

The 2010 e63 i drove was beautiful and drove VERY nice!

Except I loved the interior unlike some who didnt.

Overall the car did exactly what it was made to do...

it had luxury, speed(very fast, sounded BEAUTIFUL, technology, cool suspension modes, looks beautiful, brakes awesome, and roomy.

Overall an awesome car, which in my opinion is better then the m5.

Right now i would buy that over the m5.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #32
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
After reading the above comment I honestly had to stop myself because I was so caught up in the moment and wanted to respond with a nasty comment myself. But I figure it be best to use the above comment as an example. An example of the deteriorating value of the "M3 Vs" section to this forum. Unless you are a complete novice to the world of car forums you should have already grasped a few things. People have partial bias to certain cars, and at the same time some people continuously "trash" certain cars/brands. Some people have knowledge of automotive engineering and racing. Some people pretend to BS as if they have knowledge of automotive engineering and racing. Regardless the one thing I'm sure everyone realizes that every time you type something and hit that "submit button" you are opening yourself up to criticism regardless if it is valid or not. I for one being a former ///M3 owner, and now current C63 ///AMG owner am fully aware of this point and don't take criticism personally (at least to some point) However let me say this to !Xoible. Your comment only shows every member of this forum that your credibility no longer exists. In the "Real World" creditability and respect in regards to being a car enthusiast is not validated by owning a BMW. Hopefully you wise up.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #33
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
After reading the above comment I honestly had to stop myself because I was so caught up in the moment and wanted to respond with a nasty comment myself. But I figure it be best to use the above comment as an example. An example of the deteriorating value of the "M3 Vs" section to this forum. Unless you are a complete novice to the world of car forums you should have already grasped a few things. People have partial bias to certain cars, and at the same time some people continuously "trash" certain cars/brands. Some people have knowledge of automotive engineering and racing. Some people pretend to BS as if they have knowledge of automotive engineering and racing. Regardless the one thing I'm sure everyone realizes that every time you type something and hit that "submit button" you are opening yourself up to criticism regardless if it is valid or not. I for one being a former ///M3 owner, and now current C63 ///AMG owner am fully aware of this point and don't take criticism personally (at least to some point) However let me say this to !Xoible. Your comment only shows every member of this forum that your credibility no longer exists. In the "Real World" creditability and respect in regards to being a car enthusiast is not validated by owning a BMW. Hopefully you wise up.
+100 Great post.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #34
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
MikeG_C63_AMG,

Your comments ring so true. There is no point in posting a supposed compaison if you either haven't driven the thing or don't give a credible opinion of your findings, no way should mine nor everyone else's opinion of the car in question be so dramatical different but their are and that differences isn't between the rest of us but with the OP.

The E63 is a remarkable car when you consider the sheer size and weight of the thing. But as I kept reminding the OP that it's not an M3 and can't rightly be expected to provide a similar experience.

Bob
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #35
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
lol guys take it easy! talk about drama. it's a car that i drove and here's what i thought. whether you agree or not, i dont really care. these are MY thoughts on the car. love it or leave it. relax!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #36
rick berry
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT/ 2014 750li

The Merc to get is the CLK 63 "Black" series cars that are now showing up lightly used.
140th when new, now 80-90th or so. Awesome cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #37
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
Quote:
fwiw, I've probably owned more BMWs (and cars in general) than you ever have in your relatively short lifetime. Also I don't see a M5 in your garage. I do see a 528i. Is the M5 your parent's car? Your cousin's car? Etc..

how the hell do u know how old i am or what i drive and what i own and who owns what? now that's a stupid way to derail the thread and make it go to shit. u dont like my notes about the car you like, fine! get over it
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #38
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
how the hell do u know how old i am or what i drive and what i own and who owns what? now that's a stupid way to derail the thread and make it go to shit. u dont like my notes about the car you like, fine! get over it
Do you own a M5? What year?

You said you drive both a M3 and a M5 on an "almost" daily basis.

Quote:
yes, if you read the title and my post you will realize i said i am comparing it to the 2 cars i drive almost daily. the m3 and the m5...
Yet your "comparison" between the W212 E63 and the M5 (although you don't say if it's an E60 or not) has become suspect (as others have pointed out.)

So, the logical question is: do you actually own one? An owner would provide a good valid comparison. And so a post like shchow made, as an owner of a 2008 M5, takes on a bit more credibility, imho.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #39
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
Quote:
Do you own a M5? What year?

You said you drive both a M3 and a M5 on an "almost" daily basis.

Yet your "comparison" between the W212 E63 and the M5 (although you don't say if it's an E60 or not) has become suspect (as others have pointed out.)

So, the logical question is: do you actually own one? An owner would provide a good valid comparison. And so a post like shchow made, as an owner of a 2008 M5, takes on a bit more credibility, imho.
the title of the thread says E60 M5

i think you guys are taking this waaaay too emotionally. it simply is a review. this is not about what i own, or what i drive, this is about the car i am reviewing
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #40
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Slightly OT
Here's the funniest ownage thread I've read in awhile:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/off-to...ought-bmw.html

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #41
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Slightly OT
Here's the funniest ownage thread I've read in awhile:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/off-to...ought-bmw.html
I busted out laughing here in the lab after reading that thread. Thank God it's Friday!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #42
Bluechipper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Vert

Quote:
Quote:
lol guys take it easy! talk about drama. it's a car that i drove and here's what i thought. whether you agree or not, i dont really care. these are MY thoughts on the car. love it or leave it. relax!
It just looks like you have no idea what you are talking about. Not one person has agreed with you, even BMW folks.

As someone said above, I also think you are young.

I wonder what the average age is of members with Adriana Lima avatars. I am sure very young.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 01:36 AM   #43
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechipper View Post
It just looks like you have no idea what you are talking about. Not one person has agreed with you, even BMW folks.

As someone said above, I also think you are young.

I wonder what the average age is of members with Adriana Lima avatars. I am sure very young.
i am really bamboozled by the level of immaturity on this forum. i drive a car, and break down a "quick" review, then the conversation goes into what i own, or how old i am... are you guys serious? lol

if i have an opinion on something do i have to get approval from other people including BMW folks? this is really funny! so what's my age and adriana lima and what car i own have to do with a loose feel of a car's steering, or the suspension adjustment settings? you might be old as shit, but ur still lacking a lot of intelligent based on ur comment. now that sucks dude
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 04:43 AM   #44
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
i am really bamboozled by the level of immaturity on this forum. i drive a car, and break down a "quick" review, then the conversation goes into what i own, or how old i am... are you guys serious? lol

if i have an opinion on something do i have to get approval from other people including BMW folks? this is really funny! so what's my age and adriana lima and what car i own have to do with a loose feel of a car's steering, or the suspension adjustment settings? you might be old as shit, but ur still lacking a lot of intelligent based on ur comment. now that sucks dude
It's simply that your 'quick' review has holes all through it and no one even remotely agrees with your findings. Given how far off you were to the truth one has to come up to a few possibles, 1: that you never drove the car, 2: that your skill of observations are piss poor at best, 3: your love of a certain brand has clouded your judgement or 4: you were comparing the E63 to the M3 and not the M5 as you claimed.

I'm not going to question your age but you can pick which one of the possibles I listed above because one of them is the truth.

Last edited by footie; 12-06-2009 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0