BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

02-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #45
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
What are you talking about? I am not a Ford fan so you place me in a stereotyped group?
I am likely older then you.
I have owned my share of foreign and domestics so I can speak with some degree of experience.

PS. Prick? Thanks for prooving the internet forum stereotype.
You're bitching about stereotypes, yet you just did EXACTLY that to a car you've never even laid eyes on. Nice.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 01:31 AM   #46
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
No idea. Havent seen it. Just not a fan of anything domestic. Sorry I have an opinion.
well it's a biased one.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 06:56 AM   #47
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
well it's a biased one.
Exactly!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 07:01 AM   #48
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
I'm glad you announced your ignorance.
Well we are all in the same boat.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 07:03 AM   #49
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
You're bitching about stereotypes, yet you just did EXACTLY that to a car you've never even laid eyes on. Nice.
I believe you started with the stereotype angle.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #50
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
I believe you started with the stereotype angle.

No, you did when you lumped every domestically built vehicle into one batch. Saying a car sucks that you've never even seen, let alone driven is about the lamest thing a person can do on an automotive forum. In case you haven't noticed, Ford and GM are both staging a MAJOR turnaround in vehicle design and quality. The standard response about their interiors makes anyone who uses it look like a fool when talking about new models. They're at least on par with anything else in their price range, and better than a lot. They're hurting in the cashflow department right now, but so is just about every other automaker, including Toyota due to the drop in overall vehicle sales.

In short, you really shouldn't talk about vehicles you know nothing about, or you're going to get (and deserve) the kind of harsh responses you just saw.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #51
kapoo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Corvette C8

Garage List
2009 Subaru WRX STi  [0.00]
2009 Scion tc  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Nice rims, and specs

Previous Rides: 2007 BMW 335i, 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS, 2009 Scion tC, 2009 Subaru WRX STi, 2013 Yamaha YZF-R6, 2014 Yamaha YZF-R1, 2000 Honda Civic Sedan, 1997 Honda Civic Hatchback EK9, 2006, Acura RSX Type-S, 2019 Shelby GT350, 2023 Ford Ranger Raptor
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #52
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
No, you did when you lumped every domestically built vehicle into one batch. Saying a car sucks that you've never even seen, let alone driven is about the lamest thing a person can do on an automotive forum. In case you haven't noticed, Ford and GM are both staging a MAJOR turnaround in vehicle design and quality. The standard response about their interiors makes anyone who uses it look like a fool when talking about new models. They're at least on par with anything else in their price range, and better than a lot. They're hurting in the cashflow department right now, but so is just about every other automaker, including Toyota due to the drop in overall vehicle sales.

In short, you really shouldn't talk about vehicles you know nothing about, or you're going to get (and deserve) the kind of harsh responses you just saw.
Owned.
      02-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #53
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Come on man give it a rest already. I am not the only one who carries this opinion about domestic vehicles. Their has been a hell of allot of trash that have come out of the domestic builders over the years. We all have our likes and dislikes as far as brands go so in the same way I pass judgement you have done the same to me based on my opinion.

Face it, the interior fit and finish really hasn't changed much over the past number of years in quality and design, IN MY OPINION.

I would love to see them improve going forward but it would seem unlikely given new financial constraints and revised business plan. Time will tell.

I do hope that the domestics make a turn around but as of late the refusal by the autoworkers union to negotiate has definitely stalled the process. I am not behind the govt bail out without some very strict guidelines. In fact I would rather see them forced into creditor protection as many other companies would facing similar circumstance and work it out themselves.

As for weather or not the 'new' generation of domestics will be better then the past, again time will tell.

To put the SHO issue to bed, for me based on the pictures and a brief description ONLY. The technical specs look good on paper. The "YAMAHA" power-plant is great but as others have said the look both inside and out not my cup of tea. I am sure they will use words like 'European Inspired' in their marketing plan, why do you think that is?

PS. Why do you drive a BMW and not the domestic equivalent?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #54
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Come on man give it a rest already. I am not the only one who carries this opinion about domestic vehicles. Their has been a hell of allot of trash that have come out of the domestic builders over the years. We all have our likes and dislikes as far as brands go so in the same way I pass judgement you have done the same to me based on my opinion.
Yes, the Big 3 have put out POS products in the PAST. And yet when they improve their quality, you beat the 80's and 90's down our throats. Last time I checked it is 2009 and the Big 3's products are different then what they offered in the 80's and 90's.

And nice using the "strength in numbers" argument to prove your ignorant opinion. It doesn't matter how many people share your opinion. It doesn't make it right.

Quote:
Face it, the interior fit and finish really hasn't changed much over the past number of years in quality and design, IN MY OPINION.
How can you say that when you won't even look at GM and Ford products( Chrysler still sucks).

Quote:
To put the SHO issue to bed, for me based on the pictures and a brief description ONLY. The technical specs look good on paper. The "YAMAHA" power-plant is great but as others have said the look both inside and out not my cup of tea. I am sure they will use words like 'European Inspired' in their marketing plan, why do you think that is?
The Yamaha engine was used in the last SHO. The new one uses Ford's EcoBoost tech( pretty much what BMW uses TT and DI).

Quote:
PS. Why do you drive a BMW and not the domestic equivalent?
Because we preferred the BMW. But, we don't go and trash the competition. I may buy a ZR1, but I am not going to go and say, " The GT-R Spec-V is a POS because I didn't buy it personally".

Please leave this thread and get out of the house and check out the latest domestic products.

PS: I will give you credit for admitting your opinion is a biased one.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #55
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
To put the SHO issue to bed, for me based on the pictures and a brief description ONLY. The technical specs look good on paper. The "YAMAHA" power-plant is great

It is not a Yamaha based power plant.... Ford designed it all on their own, its called Eco-Boost.
      02-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #56
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Yes, the Big 3 have put out POS products in the PAST. And yet when they improve their quality, you beat the 80's and 90's down our throats. Last time I checked it is 2009 and the Big 3's products are different then what they offered in the 80's and 90's.

And nice using the "strength in numbers" argument to prove your ignorant opinion. It doesn't matter how many people share your opinion. It doesn't make it right.

How can you say that when you won't even look at GM and Ford products( Chrysler still sucks).

The Yamaha engine was used in the last SHO. The new one uses Ford's EcoBoost tech( pretty much what BMW uses TT and DI).

Because we preferred the BMW. But, we don't go and trash the competition. I may buy a ZR1, but I am not going to go and say, " The GT-R Spec-V is a POS because I didn't buy it personally".

Please leave this thread and get out of the house and check out the latest domestic products.

PS: I will give you credit for admitting your opinion is a biased one.

Man I never said anything was a POS. Holy crap guys. Again I am not a domestic fan. I am in no way trying to 'make my opinion right' Its my opinion and I am entitled to it regardless if it is biased or not. If you don't agree convince me otherwise, don't bash me for it.

Make you a deal. Lets let this thread die until the SHO makes its appearance and we can regroup then.
I am tired of arguing for the sake of arguing.

Last edited by MrRoboto; 02-15-2009 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #57
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
It is not a Yamaha based power plant.... Ford designed it all on their own, its called Eco-Boost.
I thought it was a cooperative design that was then built by Yamaha for ford????

Last edited by MrRoboto; 02-15-2009 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #58
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
I thought it was a cooperative design that was then built by Yamaha for ford????
Nope.

The only Yamaha currently used in a Ford product that I am aware of is the V8 in the S80.