BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

06-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
SWOLE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: This week?

FS: Riss Racing X-pipe with HFCs and resonators

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Up for sale is my Riss Racing X-pipe with HFCs and resonators; HFCs are 200 cell and the resonators are from a company called Vibrant.

This setup builds fantastic power – no kidding. I am very sad to have to let it go. But we just had a baby and I fear it may be a bit much for her in the back when she tries to sleep. Just for clarification, I was running this system with a Remus Sport muffler.

The welds look great and the system shows no signs of wear or corrosion in any way.

I’ve never had my car on a dyno, so I can’t specifically quantify the increase in power it developed. But I will make the following statements with all confidence:

- The car sounded sick! I know, it’s a subjective statement, but it has to be mentioned since sound is a key factor when purchasing an exhaust system like this.

- The car pulled much, much harder. I suppose the best way to describe this is as follows: I take the same on-ramp every day to work. I had become used to speeding up on the on-ramp in order to meet traffic speed, ~65 mph. Once I had the x-pipe system installed I found myself having to slow down in order to prevent myself from overshooting the traffic flow or hitting the car in front of me in the lane I was merging into. The acceleration process happens much quicker.

- The car up-shifted and down-shifted much faster (read: harder), in both auto and sport mode, I have DCT. I personally found this to be a very likeable sensation. Some my find it somewhat violent.

- The engine produced awesome “barks” as engine speed was raised to meet transmission speed during down-shifts. Subsequent exhaust burbles sounded great as well.

- The engine had a noticeable back pressure burble when the car was slowing from the compression of the engine. Very similar to the sound from a 135i, but add in the S65 engine “whine” and the end product sounds almost bionic in nature.

- Not a lot of drone unless going up a hill in a higher gear than necessary. In other words, nearly all internal drone can be mitigated by shifting the trans. into a different gear. That being said, the car will have some drone while cold and going up a hill. Still, I enjoyed that as well in all honesty.

- The engine spun up faster under load throughout the entire rev range, specifically 5k-8k. This resulted in much quicker acceleration and third gear tire chirps I was not accustomed to hearing. 8,100 RPM sounded absolutely crazy!

- The car displayed a noticeable increase in throttle response; just the slightest touch of the gas pedal would send the car to leaping forward dramatically.

- The car did not throw any codes while running with this system for roughly 300 miles. I understand this could be a function of local climate and fuel, however, so I cannot speak as to whether or not your car will display the CEL.

- This system is significantly lighter than the stock system by ~20 lbs.

- Easy install by the techs at the local Midas shop. About 1.5 hours worth of work in total.

Overall, I found it a great way to make safe, reliable power while adding to the sound of the car. After reinstalling the stock cats and x-pipe the car feels much less visceral, almost mundane. I will miss this system, to be sure. But the practical needs of the family have to come first.

I am not really sure what this system is worth, so highest legitimate offer will take it. Of course, shipping will be considered at the purchasers expense if no one wants to pick up in NC.

If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,
Tom

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
rwchrist
CMPULSV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Alpine White

Garage List
2009 M3  [0.00]
Can you PM your price shipped to TX, 76311.
Thanks

2006 Imola Red 6-speed E46 M3 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #3
pogi_1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Red

complete bolt on?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

PM price shipped to 94566 (CA). Did you add resonators or did they come with the pipes?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
JerryK73
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue Coupe

How much shipped to 77008?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
pm shipped price to 60025

thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogi_1 View Post
complete bolt on?
doesnt look like it... see the bottom part there is no ball joint to connect to your oem axle back. you have to modify this before you can make it work....

FYI THIS IS NOT MINE BUT BY JUST LOOKING AT IT... THERE IS NO WAY DOING JUST BOLT ON ON THIS PIECE.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
PM price shipped to 94566 (CA). Did you add resonators or did they come with the pipes?

LOOKS LIKE SOME PIPES WERE CUT AND ADDED TO HAVE THE RESONATOR.

I BELIEVE THAT RISS DID NOT COME WITH RESONATOR NOR CAT. hope the OP can provide us this info.
      06-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

^ Riss offered both the resonators and cats, AFAIK, but this was definitely cut off, as there is no stock style exhaust flange. Not a bolt on, going to require some welding.

DSC_3369 by Kit W, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
SWOLE
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the questions and feedback, everyone.

This system will need to be welded on, yes. But, honestly, welding was the easiest portion of the job in my opinion. Ten minutes and it was connected without leaks. Getting to everything (like the headers), that was the hard part.

I can't speak to the origin of the resonators, unfortunately. They may have come from Riss or they may not have. Seeing as how they are manufactured under a different name, I don't think these came from Riss.

Is there an issue with selling this system with non-Riss parts? If so please let me know so I could adjust the title and/or inform any potential buyers.

I wish I knew the entire history of this system. I purchased it locally from a guy in the area a while back and didn't bother to get the entire history of the system. Perhaps I should have...

If there are any more questions or concerns I would be happy to address them. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Best,
Tom
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #10
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Hm that system looks familiar. Good luck with the sale BTW if this thing came directly from Riss without being modified it would have no chance in operating correctly.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #11
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

post a price.
      06-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #12
Stormtroooper
The General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2011.5 M3  [10.00]
still waiting on a price. Might be interested.

2018 M3CS
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #13
SWOLE
Private First Class
Rep

Are you expecting a price including shipping to Europe?

Bump for a great power maker that can be had at one hell of a bargain price.

Seriously, highest legitimate offer will take it...

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #14
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

shipped to 92626

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0