BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

03-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
rmmcdaniel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3

When will production number be assigned for June build?

I test drove the demo at my dealer today (unreal!!!) and put my order into the system. It's for a sedan with DCT so it will be a June build. Does anyone have a good idea when the order will go to status 111 and have a production number assigned if it's a June build?

I have searched the forums but haven't been able to find info on the actual timeline for when a production number is assigned relative to the month the allocation is for.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
seb
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 M-DCT - Lotus Esprit

I'm in the same situation, wondering if anyone could shed some light on this
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmcdaniel View Post
I test drove the demo at my dealer today (unreal!!!) and put my order into the system. It's for a sedan with DCT so it will be a June build. Does anyone have a good idea when the order will go to status 111 and have a production number assigned if it's a June build?

I have searched the forums but haven't been able to find info on the actual timeline for when a production number is assigned relative to the month the allocation is for.

Thanks in advance!
You will get a production number when your car goes to 111 status. It is up to the factory as to when that may actually happen. Factors that we nor the dealer are aware of dictate when your car will move to 111. As long as there are no shortages of parts, it could happen a few weeks before your scheduled date. 111 means that your order has been accepted. 112 means that is is scheduled for production, but is still changeable. Once you go to 150, your order can no longer be changed. Basically, 150 means that they are pulling parts for your order for an imminent build; usually within 7-10 days. You will get a VIN at 150.

This is how I understand it, maybe someone can shed further light. I hope that this helps.

I am curious why you would build a car that late. You will likely get it around August, right? MY2009s should be around the corner.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
rmmcdaniel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3

No sedans will be built with the M-DCT transmission before June, so we have no choice but to wait that long (since we want sedans with M-DCT).

I'm definitely contemplating holding off for an '09 but figured it doesn't hurt to get my order in the queue and then as we (hopefully) find out more about the looming E90 facelift over the next few months, and if that will translate to any changes on the M3, I can make a decision on whether to hold off or not prior to my order changing to status 150.

That's actually why I posted the original question. I want to know when to expect a production number so I can more closely track as my order goes from 111 to 112 and put it on hold if I decide to wait for an '09.

Thanks for the insight. Sounds like I just need to call my CA and pester him every day in May to check my status!! ha ha