BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

08-26-2020, 10:45 PM   #1
icanturn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

KW HAS Track Alignment Settings

Hi, I have a KW HAS kit ready to install on my car but I was considering getting camber plates as well. I don't track the car that often, mabe 3-4 times a year max.

The last time I was at the track I destroyed the outside of my tires. I had whatever the stock components would max out camber at (I have eibach springs and pins removed). I believe just shy of -2* in the front. I was driving on 245/275 conti ECS

I think I need at least -2.3/-2.5* of camber in the front to keep the tires happy, I have a set of 275/40/18 square NT01 now so the car will have even more front end load.

My question is this: Now that the car will ride lower with the HAS kit, it will be able to hit more negative camber. Does anyone know what the max camber you are able to achieve with aggressive/track ride height? Or will I still need camber plates?

I will also mention, before I get flamed, I read through the entire 10 page alignment sticky with no good info. Only people that posted with the HAS kit are dropped about 10mm. So their alignment numbers are about where im at now.

Last edited by icanturn; 08-26-2020 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 08:52 PM   #2
Tut4u2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M3 Conversion

Generally speaking you will get more negative camber when dropping the car. Put on a rack and see what your numbers are before getting camber plates. For whats its worth I got an extra 0.5 degrees of negative camber when I dropped my car with Eibach springs.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 10:52 PM   #3
icanturn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

I already had the car on a rack. I am just shy of -2*
Appreciate 0