BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
s204speed
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru

TL SH-AWD vs. G37 - Edmunds.com

I'm sorry but that TL is hideous from all angles. Don't care how well it drives.

Quote:

Four Doors, No Compromises

There comes a point in your life when change becomes essential. No longer is it acceptable to eat dinner directly from the cookware. Beanbag chairs are frowned upon. And, most of all, your friends are tired of being stuffed into the dank, musty backseat of your two-door coupe.
Sure, a coupe sometimes boasts an incrementally more structurally rigid body shell than a sedan, but it's a moot point when you consider how stiff modern cars are. You'd have to be Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton to discern the difference.
Sportiness transcends sheer door count when it comes to the desirability of a sedan these days, and two examples of this are the 2009 Acura TL SH-AWD and the 2009 Infiniti G37 Journey. Sedans only in form and more coupelike in dynamic function, these two cars take their sporting credentials seriously.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=135807
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
scs
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
I thought the previous iteration of the TL was one of the best looking sedans around. Not so much for this new one. Not even close.
      11-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
Russo
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Dodge Dakota Big Horn

i agree... the new TL is hideous... they should have kept with the same body and went with a quad cam 3.5 liter v6 AWD with about 325-345 hp...

BLUEFAKES.COM ARE SCAMMERS, LIERS, AND CHEATERS! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Yeah, it's pretty ugly. Sometimes Honda just takes a good thing and just randomly changes direction. This car seems to have very little character, unless you think imitating a Cadillac is character.