BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

11-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #89
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
With that kind of exhaust isn't highway driving giving you a headache by now? Also, you are brave to go full catless, I'd never try that here in NJ lol.
Not if you keep the engine speed at about 4k rpm.

That helps significantly.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #90
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Full catless.

I have Gintani's rear exhaust combined with their catless x-pipe.
primary delete too right?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #91
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HREM3 View Post
primary delete too right?
Yep.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #92
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

70 WHP gain...damn, congrats dude.

Have you noticed any cons to doing all of these modifications?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #93
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HREM3 View Post
70 WHP gain...damn, congrats dude.

Have you noticed any cons to doing all of these modifications?
So far, I haven't (knock on wood).

The catless exhaust is the main factor. Most ALL M3 owners will NOT be able to tolerate it, due to how loud it is.

I wanted this aggressive sound, and I got it. People EASILY mistake it for a Lambo.....And that's a very, very good feeling.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #94
xxe92xx
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Quote:

The catless exhaust is the main factor. Most ALL M3 owners will NOT be able to tolerate it, due to how loud it is.

I wanted this aggressive sound, and I got it. People EASILY mistake it for a Lambo.....And that's a very, very good feeling.

glad to know that the post-install headache is gone haha...it took me a few day to get use to it

yea i agree not many people would be able to tolerate how loud the car can get...dont you love flying past people and scarying the shit outta them haha and going under bridges/tunnels
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #95
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i'm with you, i have no regrets takin the cats out and when people hear it but don't see the car it is mistaken for somethin else lol

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #96
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I'd do a catless exhaust except I'd hate to gas the people behind me with that smell. When I was younger and didn't give a shit I had all kinds of catless exhausts on my cars, but now I see people behind me w/ kids in their cars and the windows down and I'd feel like a dick knowing they were having to sit there and breathe in that raw exhaust.
      11-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #97
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxe92xx View Post
glad to know that the post-install headache is gone haha...it took me a few day to get use to it

yea i agree not many people would be able to tolerate how loud the car can get...dont you love flying past people and scarying the shit outta them haha and going under bridges/tunnels
I'd love it if this were my weekend car. Like Nawaaz says, the sound is awesome. There's just no way I could take it on a 2+ hour road trip. I'd go insane.
      11-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #98
FusionM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Tom,

That's why you get yourself a daily driver. You can be Tom the sleeper car enthusiast by day, and Tom the beast by night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
I'd love it if this were my weekend car. Like Nawaaz says, the sound is awesome. There's just no way I could take it on a 2+ hour road trip. I'd go insane.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #99
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionM3 View Post
Tom,

That's why you get yourself a daily driver. You can be Tom the sleeper car enthusiast by day, and Tom the beast by night!
Indeed! That originally was the plan, but I currently do not have the garage/driveway space for that. We're starting to look around for a new house, so that may be in my future. That said, I'm very happy with my car in its current "compromise" state.
      11-18-2009, 04:12 PM   #100
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

70 whp from exhaust + software ???
(i exclude the filter and pulley cause they dont really do much in my experience, maybe 3-5 whp)

Those results are very questionable.

Lemee say it again (cause i'm just not sure I'm getting this) ... 70 WHEEL HP from exhaust and software!!??

Is no one else having a hard time believing this??
The RS46 Storker Motor gives 527chp
But this Exhaust and Software does 505chp ??
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #101
SoCalM3Mang
"Makin It Happen-West Coast Style"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Jerez Black 6SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
(i exclude the filter and pulley cause they dont really do much in my experience, maybe 3-5 whp)

Lemee say it again (cause i'm just not sure I'm getting this) ... 70 WHEEL HP from exhaust and software!!??

Hard to believe I know. But you can confirm the dyno charts yourself.

And if seeing is believing, watch the video. The car is chirping in all 3 gears. Never seen that before. I've seen some sickly Modded M5's and many of them aren't doing that.

The car is sick!
08 BMW E93 6MT Jerez Black|HAMANN-ed|Lots of Carbon Fiber|Eibach E-93 Sprgs|Advan RS-D's 19x9+22/19x10+20|AA-SSK-Pulley|RPI Scoops-Red|RPI Axle Back Exhaust- Blacked Out Tips|Hamann Rep CF Lip-Diffuser-Trunk Spoiler||Hamaan Badging
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #102
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I can understand it's hard to believe, but I was prepared to display all the true numbers from all 3 dyno's that I have done.

My only motive was to display raw #'s. Of course, I want to make the most power........But I'm not gonna even try to fool anybody here.

The BEFORE/AFTER dyno #'s are what they are.

I'm holding a local e9x M3 meet in the Dallas, TX area......And now I definitely wanna take other M3 guys for a test drive, just so they know my power is legit. And believe me, 68 whp & 36 wtq will be very noticeable for them.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #103
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
I can understand it's hard to believe, but I was prepared to display all the true numbers from all 3 dyno's that I have done.

My only motive was to display raw #'s. Of course, I want to make the most power........But I'm not gonna even try to fool anybody here.

The BEFORE/AFTER dyno #'s are what they are.

I'm holding a local e9x M3 meet in the Dallas, TX area......And now I definitely wanna take other M3 guys for a test drive, just so they know my power is legit. And believe me, 68 whp & 36 wtq will be very noticeable for them.
I'm driving your car Haha! But I really want to hear how loud it is. I believe the gain you got.
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #104
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
I'm driving your car Haha! But I really want to hear how loud it is. I believe the gain you got.
Hey Dev, you wanna hear something?

The owner of Autoscope (place I did my dyno's) didn't even believe that I was gonna gain very much from all the mods that I was about to get installed. He felt that the e9x M3 had already been squeezed out with as much power as possible from the factory....And I didn't blame him for thinking that way.

Once I did my 2nd dyno, and he saw that I gained 50 whp with only my bolt-on's, he was STUNNED!

This past Monday when I got my 3rd and final dyno done, he was absolutely SPEECHLESS and in TOTAL SHOCK after he found out my final number's.

Simply an incredible feeling for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #105
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I didn't see Nawaaz's car being dyno'd on the Mustang dyno in Dallas, but I did watch his car on the Dynojet down here in Houston when Jeremy was tuning it, and the final numbers were consistent with what he posted here. After seeing his car take off, I'm not surprised by these numbers at all.
      11-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #106
tinpot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

This is definitely legit. Nawaaz had his car dyno’d on two different dynos (in Dallas and in Houston where the custom tune took place) . I also rode in Narwaaz’s car and there is a major power difference between my M3, which is no slouch, and Narwaaz’s. We didn’t get passed 3rd gear, but that was enough to convince me

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #107
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Hey Dev, you wanna hear something?

The owner of Autoscope (place I did my dyno's) didn't even believe that I was gonna gain very much from all the mods that I was about to get installed. He felt that the e9x M3 had already been squeezed out with as much power as possible from the factory....And I didn't blame him for thinking that way.

Once I did my 2nd dyno, and he saw that I gained 50 whp with only my bolt-on's, he was STUNNED!

This past Monday when I got my 3rd and final dyno done, he was absolutely SPEECHLESS and in TOTAL SHOCK after he found out my final number's.

Simply an incredible feeling for me.
Haha! Underestimating your beast Btw, he actually has a lsb e46 supercharged m3!
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #108
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

Its funny this is still so hard to believe even after Nitrider, Nawazz and I have all had similiar results or in Niteriders case better.. At first people said my results and nitriders were inflated because it was done on Gintani's own dyno but then I went to a dynapack and had numbers to back it up people still cried foul and now Nawazz has put much effort into doing his own independent dynos and I belive theres really nothing else he can possibly do to expose any inflated numbers , I mean the guy is in another state so if that doesn't gurantee that the results aren't inflated then I dunno what will.

And about the stroker thing thats the whole point of my argument about strokers but those comments get twisted around as if I'm a stroker hater lol. I can't wait till more people start getting these Gintani mods and getting similar results on other cars then I wonder what people will think then about value of strokers.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #109
NavM
M-Sport
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Its funny this is still so hard to believe even after Nitrider, Nawazz and I have all had similiar results or in Niteriders case better.. At first people said my results and nitriders were inflated because it was done on Gintani's own dyno but then I went to a dynapack and had numbers to back it up people still cried foul and now Nawazz has put much effort into doing his own independent dynos and I belive theres really nothing else he can possibly do to expose any inflated numbers , I mean the guy is in another state so if that doesn't gurantee that the results aren't inflated then I dunno what will.

And about the stroker thing thats the whole point of my argument about strokers but those comments get twisted around as if I'm a stroker hater lol. I can't wait till more people start getting these Gintani mods and getting similar results on other cars then I wonder what people will think then about value of strokers.
I assume you have the full Gintani exhaust? Do you mind listing your mods?

To the OP, great numbers. Great job with the details and documenting everythings.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 10:27 PM   #110
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I'd do a catless exhaust except I'd hate to gas the people behind me with that smell. When I was younger and didn't give a shit I had all kinds of catless exhausts on my cars, but now I see people behind me w/ kids in their cars and the windows down and I'd feel like a dick knowing they were having to sit there and breathe in that raw exhaust.
ROFL. This is so true.

I remember driving behind my friends soon-to-be-tuned subie after we put a catless exhaust on. It was disgusting really...hahaha

OP - congrats on the big gain!
Appreciate 0