BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

02-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #23
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
M3's are bringing better than residual right now so it will be very hard to convince the dealer to lower your buyout. Hell, they're hoping you turn it in so they can flip it.......Phil
Phil,

that's what I'm afraid of. My lease is due in October, maybe things will change by then...
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 11:58 PM   #24
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Phil,

that's what I'm afraid of. My lease is due in October, maybe things will change by then...
You may be in a better position than I was. By then the F80 should be on the street and the E9X demand will taper off some. My dealer also figured out I had no plans to lease end mine when I showed up with all the mods They had half the dealership out looking at the car trying to guess how much money I had put into it...............Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 12:12 AM   #25
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
M3's are bringing better than residual right now so it will be very hard to convince the dealer to lower your buyout. Hell, they're hoping you turn it in so they can flip it.......Phil
Phil, not really. The new M3 is going to be out soon. People will be dumping E9X chassis in favor for the new chassis.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #26
OerdingE93
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Mineral White E93 M3 DCT

my lease is up in September, im having the EXACT same thoughts...

interesting comments
subscribed

|ESS VT1-550 510whp|MRF MID|AKRA REAR|CKS COILS|FORGESTAR|CSL TRUNK|GT4 Lip|3D-DESIGN
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 12:23 AM   #27
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Phil, not really. The new M3 is going to be out soon. People will be dumping E9X chassis in favor for the new chassis.
I agree to a degree........as the F8X gets closer the E9X will start to saturate the market. But right now the E9x is still doing well. When people decide to start trading them in as opposed to selling them private party the E9x value game will see a decline quickly..........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #28
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

Nick Alexander recently knocked about $1,500 off my residual on my buyout. I have stripper, and maybe they didn't want it back, but I still love it.
OE Tuning/Gruppe M Intake/ACS Springs/Vorsteiner CF Type I Rear Diffuser/Textured Matte Black Custom Powdercoated OEM 359s/Painted Reflectors/Matte Grille, Hood Vents and Side Markers/Arqray Race Exhaust/MS Pulley
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #29
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

i struggle to see there is even a debate on what WILL happen when new model comes out. its the year 2014, cant we just look at what values did in the past?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #30
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsiciliano View Post
Nick Alexander recently knocked about $1,500 off my residual on my buyout. I have stripper, and maybe they didn't want it back, but I still love it.
did you buy your car from them as well?
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #31
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

Yes
OE Tuning/Gruppe M Intake/ACS Springs/Vorsteiner CF Type I Rear Diffuser/Textured Matte Black Custom Powdercoated OEM 359s/Painted Reflectors/Matte Grille, Hood Vents and Side Markers/Arqray Race Exhaust/MS Pulley
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 10:55 PM   #32
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsiciliano View Post
They probably would have discounted more. Actually, stripper cars are more appealing to some buyers.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #33
masamune
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Just an update to this thread. I ended up buying the lease out! Here's what I learned:

- BMWFS will not negotiate. It must be the dealer. If the dealership tells you it's BMWFS that negotiates, they are wrong.
- If the dealership says they can't negotiate, this is a lie. Anything is negotiable. I had one start off like this until I mentioned another dealership offered me lower and they changed their tune.
- Probably the best time to negotiate is within the last month of your lease ending.
- Contrary to what's been said in this thread, ANY dealership can negotiate the residual. It does not have to be who you bought it from.

So I ended up negotiating about $4xxx below my residual. I was pretty happy with that and went with it. Hope this info helps others.
      05-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #34
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by masamune View Post
Just an update to this thread. I ended up buying the lease out! Here's what I learned:

- BMWFS will not negotiate. It must be the dealer. If the dealership tells you it's BMWFS that negotiates, they are wrong.
- If the dealership says they can't negotiate, this is a lie. Anything is negotiable. I had one start off like this until I mentioned another dealership offered me lower and they changed their tune.
- Probably the best time to negotiate is within the last month of your lease ending.
- Contrary to what's been said in this thread, ANY dealership can negotiate the residual. It does not have to be who you bought it from.

So I ended up negotiating about $4xxx below my residual. I was pretty happy with that and went with it. Hope this info helps others.

Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 10:18 PM   #35
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:

That's great. I was told the same thing, to negotiate with the dealers directly.

I started similar thread last month as well.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=977202

Glad to hear that some dealers are still willing to negotiate.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 02:24 AM   #36
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

4k below buy out sounds perfect!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 09:28 AM   #37
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

I want to buy my 2013 e92 out too, and lease the new M4 by then.

Last edited by Leonardo629; 05-30-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #38
Harry Da Hamster
Captain
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Quote:
You would think that, but it's not always the case. BMW NA ultimately wants to sell as many new cars as possible. They make lease incentives with a high residual which in turn lowers the lease payment. At the end of the lease, many of their vehicle have negative equity because of this. The dealership who handled the lease return will have the first right of refusal to buy out the lease for their used car inventory. On a twice monthly basis i see Manheim Auctions locally in Hawaii flooded with BMW lease returns. If its so lucrative to flip the lease returns, i wouldn't be seeing nearly as much BMW lease returns at Manheim.

I've read several times about how a BMW dealership has the option to buyout a lease within the last 3 months for "auction value". I'm still trying to figure out which auction value they are looking at but i'm guessing it's KBB hard book auction values. Hard book being the actual small blue book that dealers carry. Once again this is just a guess.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 04:36 PM   #39
GTB/ZR-1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pending...

Quote:
Fantastic! Thx for the info--I learned something new today...

And the good news is that you bought a used car treated exactly how you would treat your own car lol!

Congrats on your savings ;-)
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #40
Harry Da Hamster
Captain
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Quote:

Just noticed this. Awesome news!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #41
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

Keep your S65 M3, if you don't you will regret it. I sold my 2011 and 6 months later I took a huge hit trading in the X6M I replaced it with for another S65 M3.

The first and LAST V8 M3. The last N/A m car, the last hard core M car IMHO. I say this even though I also have a 2014 M6(manual). Sorry Phil, no nanny tranny.

The turbo engine is a technical monster but lacks the "soul" of the S65 V8.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #42
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek View Post
Sorry Phil, no nanny tranny.
The nanny tranny will spank some fanny ............Phil
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2014, 12:40 AM   #43
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #44
1LRM3
Captain
United_States