BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

12-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
dead ringer
09 M3 E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 E90 - DCT

matte wrap, looking for ideas

hello everyone, for the past few months I have been wanting to wrap my car, but couldn't decide on an exact color. A few days ago a Mustang Boss 302 drove by & I thought why go with 1 color, step it up and apply 2 colors I like (matte red & matte gunmetal black). I really liked the Boss's color combo and design and would like to apply the "same" design to my M. Been scouring the web and cant seem to find some good pictures on how to set up the different colors to the car. I am thinking mostly black then have the hood partially done in red, the rear view mirror caps red and then some red on the side of the car (but where/how)... Anyone have some ideas I can look at for ideas?
      12-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
AtlantaDude
Just enjoying my time
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92 335i - Sold

Any half decent paint/wrap shop will be able to provide some rendering ideas for you. Then you can really nail what look you're going for before they apply the paint/vinyl. I would go that route that way all parties know what they're getting into. Good luck. Do your research on an installer. Wraps are VERY easy to screw up.

I'm sure yours is going to look great though! Post pics soon!

If speed is death, then buy a Honda and live forever
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
dead ringer
09 M3 E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 E90 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear From Jax View Post
Do your research on an installer. Wraps are VERY easy to screw up.

I'm sure yours is going to look great though! Post pics soon!
yup, after doing some research and asking some local tuners I found one of the better wrap places that some shops are familiar with & have used. That's a good idea to speak with them & gather some ideas. Once done you bet I will be posting up pic's... This is all depending on whether I decide to keep the M or sell it and purchase a P car, my parents are thinking of selling their Caymen S this coming year & I might pick it up... (maybe)