BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

09-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #1
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep
Drives: AY M4

2012 M3

Hello everyone,

I am going to be a buying a 2011-2013 m3 within the next couple months. As i live in south Florida my option are kind of limited because there arent to many cars for sale in all of florida. (m3)

Im looking to buy a m3 with the performance package (carbon fiber roof etc) but it seems like theres only one for sale in a 500 mile radius from me. this car has 66k miles and this what my post is about. how many miles will a well maintained oiled m3 engine last?

also, should i go with a car with lower miles in the 20-30k range and forget about the performance package and go with the safer buy.

thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
Mr. BMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2018 Jeep Grand Che ...  [0.00]
I live in Boston and just picked up my first M3. I've been looking on and off for a couple years, as I wanted a certain color combo, manual trans, low miles and no older than 11 - 12.I too found there were none that fit my criteria within several hundred miles.

I finally found one in Maryland and I lucked out when I learned a buddy of mine was down there visiting with his family and happened to be 10 minutes from the dealership. After he went and checked it out and drove it for me, I was able to put together a deal over the phone that following week. Although it was a long, frustrating, learning process, it was well worth it once the car got here and I was able to get in the driver’s seat!

My advice to you is to not limit your search area. If you find something you like and it’s in another state, and you can go down there to check it out, reach out to someone that might be able to check it out for you.

Although it would have been nice to have and I think the wheels look nicer, I don't have the competition package on mine but I do have the CF roof. To me the color combo and manual were the most important options.

Also, I think 66K is way too many miles but again, that's just my preference. I car with less miles will of course cost more and it depends on your budget.

Good luck and if you want to hear more about my out of state buying experience just ask.
06 330i Monaco Blue/Black (retired)
02 X5 3.0 Topaz Blue/Black (retired)
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BMW View Post
I live in Boston and just picked up my first M3. I've been looking on and off for a couple years, as I wanted a certain color combo, manual trans, low miles and no older than 11 - 12.I too found there were none that fit my criteria within several hundred miles.

I finally found one in Maryland and I lucked out when I learned a buddy of mine was down there visiting with his family and happened to be 10 minutes from the dealership. After he went and checked it out and drove it for me, I was able to put together a deal over the phone that following week. Although it was a long, frustrating, learning process, it was well worth it once the car got here and I was able to get in the driver’s seat!

My advice to you is to not limit your search area. If you find something you like and it’s in another state, and you can go down there to check it out, reach out to someone that might be able to check it out for you.

Although it would have been nice to have and I think the wheels look nicer, I don't have the competition package on mine but I do have the CF roof. To me the color combo and manual were the most important options.

Also, I think 66K is way too many miles but again, that's just my preference. I car with less miles will of course cost more and it depends on your budget.

Good luck and if you want to hear more about my out of state buying experience just ask.
hey,

thanks for your response. i believe you have it a little bit easier than me as the north east has a much more dense population. i think in that corner of the us you have around 40 million people. south florida sucks....really lol. for me to see a car in another state i have to drive 9 hours. i think im going to be ordering the new f80 in november if i dont find something i like