BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Who Should go to the BCS in this Scenario???
MICHIGAN 8 23.53%
OHIO STATE 26 76.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

10-31-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

College Football Argument - Please Settle

Please Vote:

Assuming Michigan loses at Wisconsin and then turns around and beats Ohio State. This leaves Michigan with 3 losses:

-App State
-Oregon
-@ Wisconsin

Ohio State would have one loss:

-@ Michigan

Who do you think deserves to be in the Rose Bowl and why???

Please note this fact:

-Michigan would be crowned the Big Ten Champion
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 02:25 PM   #2
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

OSU. They have the better overall record. As for Michigan, there's absolutely no excuse for a Big Ten team to loose to a Div I AA school. ZERO.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 02:33 PM   #3
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

My Opinion: Ohio State.

Michigan will have 3 losses, one of which wasn't even to a D1 team. Ohio State will have one loss, on the road, against a quality opponent.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 03:17 PM   #4
derek0480
DROPPIN' LOADS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Michigan....cause Ohio State fans all look like this...
Attached Images

10-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #5
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
It doesn't make a difference which team "deserves" it. Whoever wins the conference goes to the Rose Bowl. If OSU takes care of their business it does not matter. If they lose to Michigan, they have nobody to blame but themselves.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 04:40 PM   #6
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
Please Vote:

Assuming Michigan loses at Wisconsin and then turns around and beats Ohio State. This leaves Michigan with 3 losses:

-App State
-Oregon
-@ Wisconsin

Ohio State would have one loss:

-@ Michigan

Who do you think deserves to be in the Rose Bowl and why???

Please note this fact:

-Michigan would be crowned the Big Ten Champion
Actually no. OSU plays Wisconsin this weekend and going by your assumptions if OSU beats Wisconsin then losses to Michigan OSU will actually still be the Big Ten champs. Because Michigan lost to Wisconsin and that loss will settle the tie breaker between then 2 teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek0480 View Post
Michigan....cause Ohio State fans all look like this...
Oh really? So you find one shitty picture and you think that's what they all look like. I wish you were standing right here so I could kick you in the nuts.

This is stupid anyways because OSU won't lose.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #7
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Actually no. OSU plays Wisconsin this weekend and going by your assumptions if OSU beats Wisconsin then losses to Michigan OSU will actually still be the Big Ten champs. Because Michigan lost to Wisconsin and that loss will settle the tie breaker between then 2 teams.
You are wrong, the tie-breaker is head-to-head...so it would be UM
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 09:13 PM   #8
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
You are wrong, the tie-breaker is head-to-head...so it would be UM
Right, I was thinking of a different scenario. Still won't matter though.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 09:17 PM   #9
aequitas330
Montego Blue FTW
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue e90 328xi

These sum up my feelings:

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2007, 09:39 PM   #10
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 330i; 1999 328i (RIP)

BC + UConn
      10-31-2007, 10:45 PM   #11
Bubbarossa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan

I'm just gald we aren't talking about the S. Florida Bulls anymore. People were talking national championship for them with 6 games to go (and into) in the season!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #12
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

USC!!!

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #13
derek0480
DROPPIN' LOADS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
[QUOTE=darkcloud;1620942]I wish you were standing right here so I could kick you in the nuts.[QUOTE]

Take it easy there tough guy. It was a joke.

I guess that's what OSU fans have to do...resort to violence.

Ignorance...gotta love it.
      11-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #14
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I'd love to hear some of thought processes behind these votes...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #15
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
The Big Ten sucks .... Florida proved that! If Ohio State played in the Pac Ten or SEC, they would already have a loss. Enough said!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #16
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Looks like OSU has a chance again this year to go and try. They should pray not to get LSU there, otherwise...2006 repeat.

However, if they were to win, they should play the Gators again and get their asses whooped again...

Both, MICH and OSU suck big time...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #17
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
The Big Ten sucks .... Florida proved that! If Ohio State played in the Pac Ten or SEC, they would already have a loss. Enough said!
VERY TRUE!
And we're not talking LSU, UFL or UGA...
Most of SEC teams would walk over them...

That's why we need the Playoffs!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #18
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
VERY TRUE!
And we're not talking LSU, UFL or UGA...
Most of SEC teams would walk over them...

That's why we need the Playoffs!
The Big Ten has usually been an extremely solid conference until the last 2-3 years. 6-8 of the teams were almost always very competitive and could possibly beat any team, but for some reason that hasn't been the case lately. None the less that does not by any means mean OSU sucks. There are very few teams who have been consistent winners like OSU for the better part of the decade, no matter who their competition has been.

Many of you act like the SEC is all that. I've been to 2 SEC games the past 2 years; Tenn v. Bama in 06 which looked like a HS football game, it was utterly pathetic football. Then Tenn v. UGA in 07, which UGA got their asses kicked in every direction. Yet because Georgia beat a struggling Florida their now considered hot shit? I don't understand how losing ANY games still allows you the chance to claim your #1 in anything. You LOST and I don't care who to, bottom line YOU LOST. The only thing left to do from that point on is to win out and hope to climb back for a chance, otherwise quit the bitching.

I'm an OSU fan, if they are to lose at any point the rest of this season I accept the fact that they were obviously not good enough and didn't deserve a championship. Yet some of you don't get that , if you lose at any point of the season to any opponent you don't deserve shit.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #19
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
The Big Ten has usually been an extremely solid conference until the last 2-3 years. 6-8 of the teams were almost always very competitive and could possibly beat any team, but for some reason that hasn't been the case lately. None the less that does not by any means mean OSU sucks. There are very few teams who have been consistent winners like OSU for the better part of the decade, no matter who their competition has been.

Many of you act like the SEC is all that. I've been to 2 SEC games the past 2 years; Tenn v. Bama in 06 which looked like a HS football game, it was utterly pathetic football. Then Tenn v. UGA in 07, which UGA got their asses kicked in every direction. Yet because Georgia beat a struggling Florida their now considered hot shit? I don't understand how losing ANY games still allows you the chance to claim your #1 in anything. You LOST and I don't care who to, bottom line YOU LOST. The only thing left to do from that point on is to win out and hope to climb back for a chance, otherwise quit the bitching.

I'm an OSU fan, if they are to lose at any point the rest of this season I accept the fact that they were obviously not good enough and didn't deserve a championship. Yet some of you don't get that , if you lose at any point of the season to any opponent you don't deserve shit.
As you pointed out...beating HS level teams should NOT give you a spot in the Championship game even if unbeaten. OSU has proven that last year when they got embarrased badly. This year, they have worse team than last year.
SEC, for example is much tougher this year than previous years and beside TN, FL, LSU, Auburn and GA as usual favorites we have other strong teams and any SEC team can beat any other in the conference. Definitely not the case with ACC or Big 10 or 12...
So, yes, OSU can beat them all in the conference but what is the point if Arkansas would probably do the same???

Playoffs!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #20
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
As you pointed out...beating HS level teams should NOT give you a spot in the Championship game even if unbeaten. OSU has proven that last year when they got embarrased badly. This year, they have worse team than last year.
SEC, for example is much tougher this year than previous years and beside TN, FL, LSU, Auburn and GA as usual favorites we have other strong teams and any SEC team can beat any other in the conference. Definitely not the case with ACC or Big 10 or 12...
So, yes, OSU can beat them all in the conference but what is the point if Arkansas would probably do the same???

Playoffs!
I agree that the SEC is a better conference than the Big 11 top to bottom, to say that OSU is worse than last year is ignorant. That is not to say that they will win out, but they are a better team than they were last year. And this is coming from someone that hates OSU almost more than any other college team.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #21
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
I agree that the SEC is a better conference than the Big 11 top to bottom, to say that OSU is worse than last year is ignorant. That is not to say that they will win out, but they are a better team than they were last year. And this is coming from someone that hates OSU almost more than any other college team.
We will see -- so far they played no one (except last week).

Also, you would think that they would have been ranked higher (until 3 weeks ago) if they were better than last year (when they were ranked around the top all season)...

I may be wrong, this year's team may be better...

Also, I've heard comments that this USC team was better than Leinhart/Bush team...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #22
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
No, I never stated they were beating HS level teams. I said the the Tenn v. Bama game was like a HS level game.

Then again I don't see anyone complaining over nobody teams such as BC, UCONN, USF ranking as high as they are. Do any of those teams really hold a candle to the high caliber teams such as Florida, LSU, OSU or USC? I don't think so. Everyone just rides the "I hate OSU" bandwagon because they are consistently good.

And yes OSU got embarrassed last year. Was that because they were a bad team? Prolly not. Florida just came in completely prepared and executed a perfect football game, while OSU was flat and lost one of their top play makers in the first 30 seconds of the game. And you can't tell me with a straight face that losing Ginn didn't hurt. That completely affected OSU's game plan before the game even got going. Instead of Florida being spread all over the field defending 3 big play guys, they only had to concentrate on 2 which made a HUGE difference. But in the end who cares, that was last year this is now. Living in the past doesn't take you anywhere, ask Florida.

I side with Cane in saying that thinking OSU's team this year is worse then last. That is ignorant. It also shows that you may not actually watch a lot of football and only read headlines and ride the wagon.

I could go on about how Florida hasn't played great football this year but I won't because it's not worth it since God's great sun shines on the SEC's asses

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0