BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

08-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Bonds hits 755

I dunno why anyone even bothers pitching to the guy. He's a disgrace and his attitude couldn't be worse. He acts like he's God's gift (or is it Roids gift) to friggin baseball. Dude, try humility its a much more appealing trait.

Let the rants begin.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #2
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Hate Him!!! And the Giants

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Hate Him!!! And the Giants
wait a minute, i thought you were from norcal

i won't judge because i don't know baseball and i haven't been following bonds at all
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #4
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post

i won't judge because i don't know baseball and i haven't been following bonds at all
Its not hard, people don't just swell in size the way he and magiure did. Look at tapes of Aaron, he only swelled in his gut.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #5
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecC View Post

Born in Long Beach, raised in Oakdale, Ca (NorCal) went to school on Central Coast (SLO) I'm from all over baby and the Giants blow sweaty monkey nuts!!!

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #6
ChadE
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Its bullshit that hes about to pass Aron, everybody knows hes not shit compared to Hank, Hank did it with now roids hes the true record holder reguadless what bonds dumbass does.
"When you are passionate, you always have your destination in sight and you are not distracted by obstacles. Because you love what you are pursuing, things like rejection and setbacks will not hinder you in your pursuit. You believe that nothing can stop you!" - Coach K

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
word

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 11:17 PM   #8
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

a-rod's will pass bonds in a few more years anyways, so does it really matter?

you guys would like bonds if he was on your team
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #9
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

No I wouldn't. And of course it matters. Its one of the greatest records in all sports. And its so obvious that he cheated. And his excuse for taking steriods is rediculous. He didn't know what it was. How do you not know? That's complete BS.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #10
561design
z4um Hooligan
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
He acts like he's God's gift (or is it Roids gift) to friggin baseball.
Let the rants begin.
Isn't that the point of professional sports. To worship those that can do what you can't? Isn't that why they get paid so much money? What's the point of watching pro sports anyways? All the players get swapped around more than a drunk girl at a frat party.

What if they were given a reasonable salary for what they do? Maybe that would humble them. Take that money and put it into things that matter like schools and hospitals.

It's the fans, media and money that get to their heads. I understand why most have an attitude. Everyone around them encourages it.
      08-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #11
bkms1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

i don't see the big deal never tested positive
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 01:02 AM   #12
bkms1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

why didnt the guy holding the asterisk tell his buddy throw the ball back. Most of these fans are full of shit
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 01:08 AM   #13
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Bonds is a ASSHOLE in person. A lot of my friends had run ins with him at either gyms, hotels, etc. Says he's full of himself and thinks he's above everyone else. Agreed with the O.P stating that Bonds thinks he's God. ROFL.
      08-05-2007, 01:25 AM   #14
bkms1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

so what he is an asshole
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 01:33 AM   #15
doc1911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sold my 335i and looking

If find it interesting that the greatest and most long-lived cultures or societies (Greeks, Romans, S. American Indians) most respected and revered their teachers and soldiers. Now we are in a state of chaos and our cheaters are the most powerful and well paid (athelets, actors, and politicains).......... maybe I'm just bias b/c I'm a soldier and get shot at half my life.....

F- Bonds I hope he dies
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 01:37 AM   #16
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I dont give a damn whether Bond sucks or not, uses steroid or not and whether you guys hate him or not, I just wish I caught that ball. lol

If I caught that ball I'd go down to the dealer first thing tomorrow morning and put a deposit down on the E9x M3. yeah baby!!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 01:41 AM   #17
bkms1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

same here
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 09:21 AM   #18
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 561design View Post
Isn't that the point of professional sports. To worship those that can do what you can't? Isn't that why they get paid so much money? What's the point of watching pro sports anyways?
Wrong on all levels. The point of pro sports is to watch the best athletes do what they do best, and the competition is what counts. How can you have a fair competition when certain players are doing illegal things to get ahead. Have you even played sports? It's all about the competition. And if the competition is cheating and getting away with it, what does it mean for those who are doing it the right way? Should they cheat just to keep up, or should the league do something about it? And as any red sox fans would tell you, it's not about watching people do what you can't, its about being part of a team, and a community that's larger than your small group of friends and family. Being part of a stadium full of people all cheering and hoping for the same thing is pretty fun to be a part of.

All I know is the Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth hit 700+ home runs before the age of steroids and the guy about to break Aaron's record has doubled in size since his 20s. I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure that your 20's should be the prime of your physical conditioning.

Now Bonds will be number one. So what does that mean for base ball? Everyone not gets compared to a guy that shot up with steroids to get where he is?

Whatever, this topic just pisses me off.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #19
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Sure he cheated. But guess what many of the pitchers that pitched to him most likely used steroids. Does that make it ok? No.

But steroids has been used for so long that it has hard to know.

Also back in hank's day the pitchers had their mound changed which then caused hitters to hit way better. That could be cheap considered to some back then.

Either way, his head is going to explode soon so just wait guys.
      08-05-2007, 10:09 AM   #20
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1911 View Post

F- Bonds I hope he dies
I think it's a safe bet that yes, he will eventually die
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #21
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
a-rod's will pass bonds in a few more years anyways, so does it really matter?

you guys would like bonds if he was on your team
Not a chance, not ever. I would rather have a team like the Pirates used to be sometime ago with not a single person paid over $400K than a FuckStain like Bonds. Team unity and a sense of that team is much better than having a superstar loaner. From a fan standpoint, the opposite is true and we all know it, but I still waouldn't want Barry on my Dodgers even if he hit a homerun in every game....Honest to god!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 561design View Post
Isn't that the point of professional sports. To worship those that can do what you can't? Isn't that why they get paid so much money? What's the point of watching pro sports anyways? All the players get swapped around more than a drunk girl at a frat party.

What if they were given a reasonable salary for what they do? Maybe that would humble them. Take that money and put it into things that matter like schools and hospitals.

It's the fans, media and money that get to their heads. I understand why most have an attitude. Everyone around them encourages it.
Sports is to be watched because it gives each person something to believe in and something to fulfill that sense of competition each of us have even though it is being realized vicariously through Professional atheletes, College atheletes, and even the kids we coach. I personally am still playing football and baseball a couple levels below professional and I play because I love the sport. I firmly believe these athletes play the sport they play because they love it too, at least for the most part, and not soley for the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkms1 View Post
i don't see the big deal never tested positive
Get real, noone has ever caught you masturbating, but we all know you do....
right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkms1 View Post
why didnt the guy holding the asterisk tell his buddy throw the ball back. Most of these fans are full of shit
Would you throw away $1,000,000 if it just landed in your lap? Even if it was given to you by your most hated opponent? I thought not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1911 View Post
If find it interesting that the greatest and most long-lived cultures or societies (Greeks, Romans, S. American Indians) most respected and revered their teachers and soldiers. Now we are in a state of chaos and our cheaters are the most powerful and well paid (athelets, actors, and politicains).......... maybe I'm just bias b/c I'm a soldier and get shot at half my life.....

F- Bonds I hope he dies
While I agree with you to a minor degree, I fully believe that we still respect and revere our teachers and more importantly our soldiers, especially in these times of war and chaos. The fact of the matter is that there is a small percentage of the population that can be a professional athelete, actor/actress, or politician and these are the peope that are individualized by the media. Whereas, soldiers and teachers are a dime a dozen and are lumped together as a whole. Don't get it twisted, I'm not saying anyone can be a soldier or a teacher, but there certainly are more of them in the world. Also to be noted, we highly respect the best of the best in each arena, whether it be teaching (professors at top colleges), soldiers (Green Beret, Navy SEALs, Rangers, Delta Force, etc), or politics (Speaker of the House, Presidents (like JFK, Ike, Reagan, Truman, Wilson, Lincoln, Washington, etc).

So, while agree with you, I beg to differ on a few minor points. BTW, you as a soldiers are the best asset this country has and we are pulling for you whether we, as a bipartisan nation, show it or not

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #22
MikeCCrutchfield
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
I think it's a safe bet that yes, he will eventually die
Life, the most common terminal disease