BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM
View Poll Results: M3 Coupe or X6 5.0
M3 Coupe 78 77.23%
X6 5.0 23 22.77%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

10-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #45
Oh Captain My Captain
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Porsche Cayenne S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Congrats on the choice. Should be a great vehicle.

One last comment, though. In your other thread here:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307691

you said:

Don't get me wrong, the X6 seems like it will work out great for your situation. But the above statement just edges a little too much toward over-rationalization IMHO. I don't necessarily think that even BMW themselves would agree with you there. And here's why:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121955

Now, I will say upfront that I fully understand this is a different situation due to the ability to run spiked tires ther. However, a lot of what they talk about in that article applies no matter what tires you run. So to me, this should be required reading for anyone who decides against an M3 based on their climate.

But I digress. Enjoy that X6, and have fun!

Great article . Thanks for pointing it out.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #46
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Personally, Im not a huge fan of the X6. You don't really get the best of anything with it. Its not roomy, Im 6'2 and cant sit in the back properly because the head room is limited, it lacks storage which a SUV should have, etc...

So get the M3 since you already have a SUV. If you want another SUV then get the X5 M, at least that way you get the benefits of an SUV and if you don't drive it hard, you won't miss the better handling of the X6 with your daily commute. If you need more room, then get a M3 Sedan.
      10-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #47
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Get a M3 sedan without a doubt.
Totally agree, I have the X6 and I am trading it in for the M3 M-DCT Saloon in Alpine white. Mine arrives in december.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #48
ericld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 M3, Alpine White

X6 5.0. That thing is no slouch. If it sat 3 in the back I would have gotten that instead of the X5 Diesel - BTW -the diesel is fast too. Tons of torque. Im getting 20 city, 26 highway.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #49
Oh Captain My Captain
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Porsche Cayenne S

Too much X6 bashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Personally, Im not a huge fan of the X6. You don't really get the best of anything with it. Its not roomy, Im 6'2 and cant sit in the back properly because the head room is limited, it lacks storage which a SUV should have, etc...

So get the M3 since you already have a SUV. If you want another SUV then get the X5 M, at least that way you get the benefits of an SUV and if you don't drive it hard, you won't miss the better handling of the X6 with your daily commute. If you need more room, then get a M3 Sedan.

I'm little bit surprised at the concern put out by many that the X6 only seats 4 and that is "unacceptable" for a vehicle at this price (I'm not trying to single out the above post, just using it as a recent example). Yes the X6 is proportioned at a Mid-size SUV, but would people be happier if BMW made a Mercedes CLS clone? The CLS has a higher price point, seats four, comes in RWD only, and has less trunk space. For my present needs, the X6 has more practicality than the 6 Series which is also at a similar price point. The X6 is a more dynamic, masculine looking vehicle IMHO than the 6 series or CLS....insert penis joke here.

So why was I even considering the M3? For the same reason that all of you have...its a true driver's car that will always get your pulse up. The M3 just wasn't the car for me at this time but its time will come.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #50
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Captain My Captain View Post
I'm little bit surprised at the concern put out by many that the X6 only seats 4 and that is "unacceptable" for a vehicle at this price (I'm not trying to single out the above post, just using it as a recent example). Yes the X6 is proportioned at a Mid-size SUV, but would people be happier if BMW made a Mercedes CLS clone? The CLS has a higher price point, seats four, comes in RWD only, and has less trunk space. For my present needs, the X6 has more practicality than the 6 Series which is also at a similar price point. The X6 is a more dynamic, masculine looking vehicle IMHO than the 6 series or CLS....insert penis joke here.

So why was I even considering the M3? For the same reason that all of you have...its a true driver's car that will always get your pulse up. The M3 just wasn't the car for me at this time but its time will come.
i agree with your choice. I would do the same and same combo too, lol
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #51
RevFreak14
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT

You already have one SUV. Go with an E90 M3. Can't get more versatile than that. You get all the fun and you get 4 doors for the family. Do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------
09 E92 M3
05 E46 M3 - Gone
02 330ci - Gone
Appreciate 0