BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

07-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
dmerk1978
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e 90 m3 sedan aw

Garage List
2009 red bad ass wagon  [10.00]
2008 E90  [0.00]
2007 Denali  [0.00]
2006 550i  [0.00]
2004 clk 500  [0.00]
360 here but a lil late

so after 13 weeks (ordered 4/14/09) i got my wheels from 360 forged....they haven't been mounted but i'll post a lil tease....everyday after week 8 i was calling about them and they are finally here, they look great but i would still stay away....it's just stress people don't need....i'll post more pics after i get my car back

07-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

congrats.
my buddy just got a set of Carbon wheels from 360 too...for his SL63

post them on now
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X6M Competition DG

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
Nice! Can't wait to see them on your car. Hurry up!
      07-10-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
Subw00er
Bates '08 Interlagos Launch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i xGC, ZL1, JCW

Cool, what do those weigh? Looks like they'd snap on a big pothole! ..but obviously they wont.
      07-10-2009, 02:22 AM   #5
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

Looks amazing!

My satin black Spec5's shipped yesterday! I ordered 04-17-09 - just a few days behind you. At least they're consistent

A91 Edition Supra | Armytrix | Rays
M3 Saloon | Akrapovic EVO | B&G Sport
M3 Saloon | VF540 | Klässen ID M52-R | Akrapovic | Vorsteiner GTS5 | KarbonWerke CSL [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
askiles
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan - Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
Cool, what do those weigh? Looks like they'd snap on a big pothole! ..but obviously they wont.
I don't know why they would snap, they are not made of carbon fiber. They are made of aluminum, and then have some sort of covering that is carbon fiber. So they are mostly aluminum, partly carbon fiber. WheelSTO weighed a set, and this is what they came up with...

19" x 8.5" - 24.2lbs
19" x 9.5" - 24.2lbs

They are not light, but they are lighter than a normal Spec5 wheel. I am glad you actually received them.

-Andy
      07-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Sweet you got them. I'm in for the mounted pics. Sucks about the lead time on wheels
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #8
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

nice...lets see those bad boys mounted....
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #9
Wheel'$ForLe$$
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Im glad you like them! Guys remember we have been dealing with normal orders mixed with the delayed orders since we got here to clean this stuff up. We have gone from 160 back ordered set's to 11! We can finally say, with a breath of fresh air, no more snags! ..... NOW POST PICS!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
askiles
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forged DST View Post
Im glad you like them! Guys remember we have been dealing with normal orders mixed with the delayed orders since we got here to clean this stuff up. We have gone from 160 back ordered set's to 11! We can finally say, with a breath of fresh air, no more snags! ..... NOW POST PICS!
YOU GUYS HAD 160 BACKORDER SETS OF WHEELS!!!!! How did you guys manage that?

-Andy
      07-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Hello.

Please explain the bolded text above.

You have an opportunity here to repair a severely damaged corporate image.

Fulfilling back orders is great. I applaud all the hard work you have put in to make that happen.

But there is still more work to be done to repair 360 Forged's poor customer service record over the past year.

Please take the time (and state your case) on why we should have any confidence in the company going forward.

After everything that has happened, I think that is a fair request.

Please address this matter.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank You.
      07-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

It was a struggle Dave but I am really glad you finally got the wheels. They are stunning, looking forward to seeing these installed.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #13
Wheel'$ForLe$$
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Hello.

Fulfilling back orders is great. I applaud all the hard work you have put in to make that happen.

But there is still more work to be done to repair 360 Forged's poor customer service record over the past year.

Please take the time (and state your case) on why we should have any confidence in the company going forward.

Thank You.
No problem,

Without getting into too many details, 360 Forged ran into a major production delay on orders towards the end of the year. With a manufacturer that could only handle 30 sets a month, 360 was doubling the volume and was forced to source an additional manufacturer. This transition faze caused yet another delay as the new manufacturer needed time to purchase all the forgings and parts that 360 was going to need to get out of their mess. With a combination of delayed orders being canceled, major investing into the new manufacturer, and some miss handling of in house finances, 360 Forged was in a hole. No one can deny the craftsmanship and unique styling of the 360 Forged line, they are the most beautifully designed wheels with a modern yet simple design that seems to flow perfectly with newer model vehicle designs.

This being said Forged DST stepped in. Lead by Alain (an original partner in 360 Forged which left to create his own style Modular Concept) and a group of investor's, they did everything in their power to save the 360 line and combine it with the flawless Modular Concept production time. Since Forged DST stepped in there was an astonishing amount of sets that were not only delayed but PAID IN FULL! Forged DST had to come out of their pockets to ensure that these customers received exactly what they ordered. Obviously catching up on this many sets while still taking new orders and trying to guarantee their delivery time has been hard, but we have gotten very very far from where we started. The only way we could please everyone would be to mix delayed orders with new orders into the production.... or else we would never get the older order's out which would be very unjust. Production here has been at 100% capacity for the past couple months trying get EVERYONE caught up, sadly enough we have been so busy that we don't even have time to catch up with previous service issues. There is a new staff on board all here ready and waiting to make future buying experiences pleasurable and on time.

I hope this helps the situation for you guys. We are finally at the point that good reviews are coming back as product is being delivered.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #14
Adonislike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Insight/Honda Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Hello.

Thank You.
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #15
askiles
Major
Rep

Quote:
No problem,

Without getting into too many details, 360 Forged ran into a major production delay on orders towards the end of the year. With a manufacturer that could only handle 30 sets a month, 360 was doubling the volume and was forced to source an additional manufacturer. This transition faze caused yet another delay as the new manufacturer needed time to purchase all the forgings and parts that 360 was going to need to get out of their mess. With a combination of delayed orders being canceled, major investing into the new manufacturer, and some miss handling of in house finances, 360 Forged was in a hole. No one can deny the craftsmanship and unique styling of the 360 Forged line, they are the most beautifully designed wheels with a modern yet simple design that seems to flow perfectly with newer model vehicle designs.

This being said Forged DST stepped in. Lead by Alain (an original partner in 360 Forged which left to create his own style Modular Concept) and a group of investor's, they did everything in their power to save the 360 line and combine it with the flawless Modular Concept production time. Since Forged DST stepped in there was an astonishing amount of sets that were not only delayed but PAID IN FULL! Forged DST had to come out of their pockets to ensure that these customers received exactly what they ordered. Obviously catching up on this many sets while still taking new orders and trying to guarantee their delivery time has been hard, but we have gotten very very far from where we started. The only way we could please everyone would be to mix delayed orders with new orders into the production.... or else we would never get the older order's out which would be very unjust. Production here has been at 100% capacity for the past couple months trying get EVERYONE caught up, sadly enough we have been so busy that we don't even have time to catch up with previous service issues. There is a new staff on board all here ready and waiting to make future buying experiences pleasurable and on time.

I hope this helps the situation for you guys. We are finally at the point that good reviews are coming back as product is being delivered.
I am glad that in your response, you have addressed the areas in which you see why a lot of people are pissed at 360 Forged. I understand that Forged Distribution is doing what they can to recapture the once good name of 360 Forged, but to some, it will never happen. I hope you are able to turn things around, but I also hope you are able to do a complete turn around, and now do business in a business like manner, and an honest manner. I have nothing against a once bad company coming around and striving, as long as they actually change, and conduct themselves in a business & ethical manner, that customers deserve.

Anyways, back on topic. Get those wheels mounted!

-Andy
      07-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #16
dmerk1978
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90  [0.00]
2007 Denali  [0.00]
2006 550i  [0.00]
2004 clk 500  [0.00]
[QUOTE=Nick@Jlevi SW;5482042]It was a struggle Dave but I am really glad you finally got the wheels. They are stunning, looking forward to seeing these installed.[/QU

thanks for all the hard work nick, i know it was a struggle but i'm glad it's over and we can get to whats important...THE CAR!
      07-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #17
KingM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Post da pics!!!!!

2009 e92 ///M3 AW | DCT | Fully Loaded | CF roof | 19" wheels | Camaross305 HID bulbs 6k | Eisenmann sport exhaust & connecting pipes | V1 hardwired | 5% tints all around | matte black grill w/ jet black surroundings | matte black side gills | Vorsteiner Type I Diffuser |
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 06:54 AM   #18
ba22
Hello
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 (gone), E90 330i (gone)

Quote:
No problem,

Obviously the billion dollar question is where is Jordan now? Mopping the bathroom floors? I wouldn't be surprised if he continued to mess things up even with that job.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #19
askiles
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba22 View Post
Obviously the billion dollar question is where is Jordan now? Mopping the bathroom floors? I wouldn't be surprised if he continued to mess things up even with that job.
I texted with him yesterday, and he says he is retired, and taking a vacation right now. I am assuming he was able to do this because he was bought out.

-Andy
      07-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #20
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

so lets see pics...
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #21
dmerk1978
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90  [0.00]
2007 Denali  [0.00]
2006 550i  [0.00]
2004 clk 500  [0.00]
cars at shop in Pasadena and i"m in Newport Beeach.....if you know southern cali you know thats not close.....i'll have the shop send me pics today....they are doing a test fit to make sure the wheels clear the brembo's
      07-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #22
askiles
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmerk1978 View Post
cars at shop in Pasadena and i"m in Newport Beeach.....if you know southern cali you know thats not close.....i'll have the shop send me pics today....they are doing a test fit to make sure the wheels clear the brembo's
That would suck if they didn't!! Did you tell 360 Forged to build them to clear the Brembos?

-Andy