BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

12-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
Mike V8
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3 DCT

G-Power Supercharger overview G-power CEO Christian Stober

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
JMD0977
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT3 and ....

"Serial # 001... engine # 003"
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

hahahaha just because 2 cars have problems, theyre all bad! right?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

It is amazing how two oversights like the other cars will forever tarnish a reputation.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
mig28
Major
Rep
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!

the CEO itself doing the talking and interview about his products....I guess this is for the few G power owners who blew their engine in America...lol

well its good that they are doing this video and explanation...
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #6
JMD0977
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 GT3 and ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
hahahaha just because 2 cars have problems, theyre all bad! right?
No, not 2. There were 5 known blown motors: 2 in the U.S. , 3 in Europe (2 of them in Germany). Sure, it was due to a bad tune and supposedly it is now fixed; regardless, it should have never happen to customer's cars that had the kit installed for less than a month or 2. My only point is that it should have not been released back then if it was not properly tested back then. If it was, all this would have never happened, at least not to customers. I dont have anything against S/C's, I would just consider a different company.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #7
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD0977 View Post
No, not 2. There were 5 known blown motors: 2 in the U.S. , 3 in Europe (2 of them in Germany). Sure, it was due to a bad tune and supposedly it is now fixed; regardless, it should have never happen to customer's cars that had the kit installed for less than a month or 2. My only point is that it should have not been released back then if it was not properly tested back then. If it was, all this would have never happened, at least not to customers.

well said

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #8
ahmadbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
well said
I agree
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #9
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Windshield is cracked. But why can't people drop this?
They're doing the best they can and they stepped up to the plate and took care of all the cars that had problems
Gpower still has a good product and they're just trying to salvage the M3 market and make the best of it.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 12:59 AM   #10
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
It is amazing how two oversights like the other cars will forever tarnish a reputation.
It's easy for random strokes to post stuff like that on the internet, talk's cheap
      12-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #11
zpqls
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, rsx-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadbmw View Post
I agree
+1...... It's not buying a t shirt at walmart.
It worth around 16k~18k.(maybe I'm wrong)
Anyways....people could buy a small car for that price.
let's say they sold 100 kits and 99 kits were fine. However, I'm the
only one who got a blew engine then I'll think
all the sc kits are bad. This is a customer's point of view.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #12
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F95X5M | E46M3 | E92M3 | E60M5

cf wrapped m5.. sick
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:00 AM   #13
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpqls View Post
+1...... It's not buying a t shirt at walmart.
It worth around 16k~18k.(maybe I'm wrong)
Anyways....people could buy a small car for that price.
let's say they sold 100 kits and 99 kits were fine. However, I'm the
only one who got a blew engine then I'll think
all the sc kits are bad. This is a customer's point of view.
My motor blew from the Gpower kit, everyone knows that. You act like I care.. I was the first one in all of the US to have a supercharged m3. I enjoyed having a 600hp E92 M3 while everyone else is still N/A. Gpower was at fault here, they had the wrong software loaded. They stepped up to the plate and covered my motor. The downtime sucks a little but that's why I have another car and wait, I'm still going F/I. The kit is perfectly fine. They are still honoring the warranty to the next owner..What does that tell you? They figured out the solution to the problem... who the hell would they take liability of another motor if they haven't figured out the problem? They aren't stupid, They know what they are DOING. They aren't going to go blow more motors... Every single thing that has happen with my car has been documented from start to finish... So think about it.. Did they have to fix my motor? No, they could have told me to go fuck myself but they actually cared to fix the problem. They want their name cleared up and they are fixing the problem. I doubt many companies out there would do that. I'm all the way in California, they are all the way out in Germany. Work is still being done. Christian is a nice guy, I've met him down here in California.. He stands by his product. If any of you understood how supercharger systems are put together and how they run, its all about the PROGRAMMING. The supercharger system is 100% fine, all hardware WORKS. They had too much timing into the motor and it caused detonation. It's a EASY fix. I would no doubt use the Gpower kit but I'm going above and beyond...
      12-02-2009, 03:43 AM   #14
///FCB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR

does he say it takes 2 days to setup the kit in their shop?!?!?! thats amazing I thought it would take a bit longer
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 03:44 AM   #15
Splinter4784
414 little horsies
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

12-02-2009, 04:09 AM   #16
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

I was about to ask if they GPower covered your motor.. you gave me the answer I was looking for...
Respect to GPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
My motor blew from the Gpower kit, everyone knows that. You act like I care.. I was the first one in all of the US to have a supercharged m3. I enjoyed having a 600hp E92 M3 while everyone else is still N/A. Gpower was at fault here, they had the wrong software loaded. They stepped up to the plate and covered my motor. The downtime sucks a little but that's why I have another car and wait, I'm still going F/I. The kit is perfectly fine. They are still honoring the warranty to the next owner..What does that tell you? They figured out the solution to the problem... who the hell would they take liability of another motor if they haven't figured out the problem? They aren't stupid, They know what they are DOING. They aren't going to go blow more motors... Every single thing that has happen with my car has been documented from start to finish... So think about it.. Did they have to fix my motor? No, they could have told me to go fuck myself but they actually cared to fix the problem. They want their name cleared up and they are fixing the problem. I doubt many companies out there would do that. I'm all the way in California, they are all the way out in Germany. Work is still being done. Christian is a nice guy, I've met him down here in California.. He stands by his product. If any of you understood how supercharger systems are put together and how they run, its all about the PROGRAMMING. The supercharger system is 100% fine, all hardware WORKS. They had too much timing into the motor and it caused detonation. It's a EASY fix. I would no doubt use the Gpower kit but I'm going above and beyond...
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 04:52 AM   #17
leeor
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Blue Prius III

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///FCB View Post
does he say it takes 2 days to setup the kit in their shop?!?!?! thats amazing I thought it would take a bit longer
+1!! I believe i heard them say that too, right!?

If so, then the kit is as easy as the other kit's out, and honestly... best looking one too.

I always thought it takes forever...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 05:50 AM   #18
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD0977 View Post
No, not 2. There were 5 known blown motors: 2 in the U.S. , 3 in Europe (2 of them in Germany). Sure, it was due to a bad tune and supposedly it is now fixed; regardless, it should have never happen to customer's cars that had the kit installed for less than a month or 2. My only point is that it should have not been released back then if it was not properly tested back then. If it was, all this would have never happened, at least not to customers. I dont have anything against S/C's, I would just consider a different company.
I still haven't heard of the said 5 blown motors just mine and Tightie's any links/proof?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 06:56 AM   #19
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Talking

Quote:
+1 Well said Tightie at least G-power is a company you can trust to back up their product. To bad I can't afford a S/C I would be glad to take it off your hands

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #20
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
+1, all i was trying to say is yes Gpower did mess up, but they still stood by their product and made sure all issues were resolved. they even covered all cost for the replacement motor, i doubt most companies would do that.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #21
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
I still haven't heard of the said 5 blown motors just mine and Tightie's any links/proof?
same here
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #22
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 MR M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
2 in the U.S. , 3 in Europe (2 of them in Germany).

Something tells me most European's have better things to do than spend hours on end on a BMW forum. Do you really think you and Tightie were the only ones to have a blown motor? That the very first S/C kits did not go out to customers in Germany, but to the two of you and after your two cars went kaboom, G-Power solved the situation on the spot? It's happened to more cars than your own and JMD0977 has no reason to lie about it.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread