BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

08-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #23
Brandy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

When MTV was shooting "Maui Fever" over in Lahaina, a lot of people got upset in Hawaii, because they portrayed Hawaii in being all about surfing and partying, they didn't even allow the local people to be a part of the show. So people put out petitions over the internet and articles in the newspapers for people to stop supporting the show, and I think it did work, I don't see it on TV anymore.
      08-15-2007, 04:01 AM   #24
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbake View Post
the whole paris hilton/nicole ritchie lifestyle that is apparent now where it is cool to be nothing, know nothing and do nothing for yourself is ruining america's youth today. These people on these shows think they are so-called "celebrities" when they have no talent and have accomplished not one thing in life at all. I would and do watch shows that have some sort of realistic or educational content. This is why America is in for trouble when all of these kids grow up not wanting to work or do anything to contribute to society. The only difference between these laguna beach/oc people on t.v. and a bum off the street is that one was born into money and the other was not.
exactly my point and my concern

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 04:05 AM   #25
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_328 View Post
[/COLOR]

so which is it? Dude I wasn't one of the posters giving you shit about your party threads but this time I won't play along. Go cry a river somewhere else.
You know exactly what I mean when I say that they could film anyone doing anything and it'd be the same as the show. It means that that those kids arent doing anything special. No one is crying any rivers, or crying period. Im venting and speaking up for most people my age around here. Thanks for "not talking shit on me" but its also totally unnecessary to tell someone off and to go "cry a river." Dont like a thread? Dont post then. I've learned that if you disagree with someones thread or their topic, rather then put it or them down........just dont even bother with the thread.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2007, 04:39 AM   #26
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
you have learned after being banned twice....
back to the topic..
the locals out here just beat the fools down...
you could try that...

GL
      08-15-2007, 04:40 AM   #27
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
Oh btw...
dont pm me if i hurt your feelers...
      08-15-2007, 09:29 AM   #28
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

i fully support your cause, MTV is obv. retarded.

at the same time, i wouldnt be surprised if the show accurately represents what happens down in that area. which is why i wouldn't ever live anywhere near there.

also, although i dont give a shit, posting personal pics and stuff on a forum isnt really the best idea. and you will get flamed for it, most likely by jealous fatasses who haven't been out of their house in ages. but i still wouldn't recommend doing that lol.

GL on your endeavours
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 12:28 AM   #29
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

You have my support...

I can't stand those shows, mainly because some people think that it's "reality". If you taped me nonstop for weeks, then clipped out anything remotely interesting and crammed it into a 23 minute episode on TV (with mtv commercials it's probably more like 15 minutes), it would appear I live a rather interesting life too, although it wouldn't be that popular of a show because I'm not hot. It's interesting to me, because I'm well, me. I wouldn't dare suffer the viewing public through watching me eat pretzels and read e90post.com for an hour at a time once or twice a week 8).

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 12:40 AM   #30
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
You have my support...

I can't stand those shows, mainly because some people think that it's "reality". If you taped me nonstop for weeks, then clipped out anything remotely interesting and crammed it into a 23 minute episode on TV (with mtv commercials it's probably more like 15 minutes), it would appear I live a rather interesting life too, although it wouldn't be that popular of a show because I'm not hot. It's interesting to me, because I'm well, me. I wouldn't dare suffer the viewing public through watching me eat pretzels and read e90post.com for an hour at a time once or twice a week 8).

-BMW2006
Hahaha....totally man

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 12:41 AM   #31
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i've never watched MTV... err i've never had cable till i went to college--and still i don't watch MTV or VH1 or whatever those channels are

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 01:11 AM   #32
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
what kind of *** watches MTV anyways ahaaha
      08-16-2007, 01:11 AM   #33
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
im starting to think ur BMWexec in disguise! lolll
      08-16-2007, 01:40 AM   #34
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
So we're sick of it, we're so sick of sweet 16 bullshit and laguna beach shows and now Newport harbor or what the F ever. So I need help creating a plan to get MTV out of here. Should I write a letter to the mayor, mtv.....? Any ideas fellas? Im sure the mayor would be all for it since these terribly retarded shows ruin the image of orange county and create this BS image of how its NOT over here.
first is this a joke? Don't you have better things to do? As stated you seem exactly like the show in some aspects. So you hate yourself?

Quote:
Also, since i've been getting into photography and film in general a lot lately, i thought it'd be really cool to do an MTV documentary style video about how it really is in OC. Showing kids of all different types, some rich, some poor, some doing lines and smoking weed at parties, others studying hard, just showing what its really like here and that everyone in the world pretty much does the same shit that the kids from "laguna beach" do, which is wake up and decide what they're going to do for the day. My friends always qoute me and laugh becuase of my saying, "All they do is film those losers trying to decide what they're going to do all day, i mean shit dude i do the same thing, we all do the same thing, you could film anyone here and it'd be the same!!?!"

So if anyone here wants to help pitch in with ideas, camera know how, or just ANYTHING else on making a simple yet point conveying movie/documentary...........please chime in.
Wait I do what Laguna Beach kids do? Let's see no hate towards you just pointing out but...

1. you drink in your backyard. I don't not when parents are home.
2. You drive a very expensive car with very expensive mods. I don't.
3. You go on trips to europe to get high and do random shit. I don't.
4. You live in a house that is probably worth big bucks. I don't.

This thread only proves that Laguna kids aren't the same. Far from it. Also you are just as bad as those kids. You are worried about this? of all things? Just like the kids on the show who worry about dumb shit, you are doing the same.
      08-16-2007, 01:50 AM   #35
truong321
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
first is this a joke? Don't you have better things to do? As stated you seem exactly like the show in some aspects. So you hate yourself?

Wait I do what Laguna Beach kids do? Let's see no hate towards you just pointing out but...

This thread only proves that Laguna kids aren't the same. Far from it. Also you are just as bad as those kids. You are worried about this? of all things? Just like the kids on the show who worry about dumb shit, you are doing the same.
hmm, I think hes venting because some see him as someone that would fit in those shows, and hes just saying that he's not one of them.

btw, im starting to see the shows influence ..around
      08-16-2007, 01:52 AM   #36
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

(at this thread, not mtv)
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 01:53 AM   #37
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

lolol the girls on those shows are freakin HOT!!!, especially that Newport harbor(im not sure on the name)
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 01:59 AM   #38
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driv3r View Post
what kind of *** watches MTV anyways ahaaha
obviously none of us watch it, and most of us dont like it. Seriously dude, grow up...and stop raiding other peoples threads. Like many have said before, if you disagree with a thread just dont say anything, or maturely discuss it amongst the others in the thread........

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 02:27 AM   #39
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post

Do I whine about he said/she said BS, do I sit and wonder what my g/f is thinking about or doing all day, do I lay around all day doing nothing and acting like I have no responsibilities in life, is every other word I say " yea dude" or "pfff....know what I mean," do I act like I own the world, do I feel like I HAVE to have everything in world, do I walk around with my nose in the air?

But I do......realize that its a privilege to have what we have and that its not a right, realize that it can all be taken away just as fast as it was given to you, and to be prepared for anything at all times, realize that I have a duty and a responsibility in life to achieve success for myself and to repay my mother for her hard work to provide us with more then enough, realize how important it is to give to people who are less fortunate, realize that I should never and never will boast about my financial status or what I have and that that is one of the most disgusting things one can do, realize that its not normal to live like the way we do the USA, with readily available food, water, shelter and sooo much more, realize that we are lucky to be able to fret about the tiny things mean while some else in the world is fretting over something real.......like how they're going to feed their family this week, realize that there is more to life then all that is being portrayed in society's eyes today and that is why im upset at shows like this that further encourage the lack of connection with what is real in life and what matters and what should be valued and not taken for granted, realize that finding peace within yourself and being happy with what you have is one of the simple keys to having a fulfilling life and try to pursue and live by this, realize that I am just like anyone else and that no material item makes or breaks a person, I do not put anyone down for what they have, I sympathize with less fortunate people and give what I can.

Is that why I went to Shir Lanka when they had their hurricane and volunteered at the red cross for a week, is that why I donate money to schools over seas and less fortunate people, is that why I gave half of our best plates, cups, silver wear and more to a friend who is living on his own and has been out of work recently, I took that same friend to Costco and had him shop for everything he needed from food to clothes, to a tv just so he could have one again. I help my gardener out, I help my maid out…..I am on their level and never act like Im above them. Listen, most of you have never met me and are limited by what a forum can provide, but those of you who have met me and are friends with me know what type of person I am. I am modest, you wouldn’t even think I drive, have, live, or anything else the way I do if you were to just talk to me or see me.

What I have in the bank, garage, or on a lot is not what I define myself as, its what I have inside my mind and in the pursuit of a fulfilling life that I like to define who and what I am.

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 04:47 AM   #40
truong321
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Do I whine about he said/she said BS, do I sit and wonder what my g/f is thinking about or doing all day, do I lay around all day doing nothing and acting like I have no responsibilities in life, is every other word I say " yea dude" or "pfff....know what I mean," do I act like I own the world, do I feel like I HAVE to have everything in world, do I walk around with my nose in the air?

But I do......realize that its a privilege to have what we have and that its not a right, realize that it can all be taken away just as fast as it was given to you, and to be prepared for anything at all times, realize that I have a duty and a responsibility in life to achieve success for myself and to repay my mother for her hard work to provide us with more then enough, realize how important it is to give to people who are less fortunate, realize that I should never and never will boast about my financial status or what I have and that that is one of the most disgusting things one can do, realize that its not normal to live like the way we do the USA, with readily available food, water, shelter and sooo much more, realize that we are lucky to be able to fret about the tiny things mean while some else in the world is fretting over something real.......like how they're going to feed their family this week, realize that there is more to life then all that is being portrayed in society's eyes today and that is why im upset at shows like this that further encourage the lack of connection with what is real in life and what matters and what should be valued and not taken for granted, realize that finding peace within yourself and being happy with what you have is one of the simple keys to having a fulfilling life and try to pursue and live by this, realize that I am just like anyone else and that no material item makes or breaks a person, I do not put anyone down for what they have, I sympathize with less fortunate people and give what I can.

Is that why I went to Shir Lanka when they had their hurricane and volunteered at the red cross for a week, is that why I donate money to schools over seas and less fortunate people, is that why I gave half of our best plates, cups, silver wear and more to a friend who is living on his own and has been out of work recently, I took that same friend to Costco and had him shop for everything he needed from food to clothes, to a tv just so he could have one again. I help my gardener out, I help my maid out…..I am on their level and never act like Im above them. Listen, most of you have never met me and are limited by what a forum can provide, but those of you who have met me and are friends with me know what type of person I am. I am modest, you wouldn’t even think I drive, have, live, or anything else the way I do if you were to just talk to me or see me.

What I have in the bank, garage, or on a lot is not what I define myself as, its what I have inside my mind and in the pursuit of a fulfilling life that I like to define who and what I am.
Sri Lanka?

From what I see in this (speech) you seem like a genuine person. (online)

anyway, back to the topic , MTV is great at manipulating the minds of YOUNG people.
      08-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #41
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Mind bending....
Attached Images

08-16-2007, 08:54 AM   #42
GraphiteBrawler
Elton John Impersonator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 LCI M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesier1111 View Post
I wish MTV would film around here, so people would want to move hear and the already ridiculous real estate prices would go up, hence making my house worth more, hence leading to me making some more loot.

COME ON MTV, DO A SHOW ON SPOILED BUCKS COUNTY KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

No No No No No.

I have enough problems without MTV sniffing around my house
      08-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #43
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlakind View Post
The mayor of orange county would NEVER get rid of a show like this....
There is a Mayor of Orange County?

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #44
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by truong321 View Post
hmm, I think hes venting because some see him as someone that would fit in those shows, and hes just saying that he's not one of them.

btw, im starting to see the shows influence ..around
I get that but truthfully why care? This just makes him seem exactly like them.

Quote:
I don't know, I haven't met you offline and I won't say you don't. You may not do that all or do it exactly on the show. But I bet you do those things. Hell, all young people do.

Quote:
But I do......realize that its a privilege to have what we have and that its not a right, realize that it can all be taken away just as fast as it was given to you, and to be prepared for anything at all times, realize that I have a duty and a responsibility in life to achieve success for myself and to repay my mother for her hard work to provide us with more then enough, realize how important it is to give to people who are less fortunate, realize that I should never and never will boast about my financial status or what I have and that that is one of the most disgusting things one can do, realize that its not normal to live like the way we do the USA, with readily available food, water, shelter and sooo much more,
What the hell. Man, when did this shit come up? I mean I realize that all too. But don't even try and pull that shit that you think that way everyday and it has an effect on every single thing you do. I am 100% I am way more political than you and know way more horrible things that have occured.

And you know what I have actually done something about shit. I have written numerous articles even some that were printed in wide spread news papers. I have told others and I have donated to real causes.

But at the end of the day. Do I make every decision based off of my ideaology and such no. Why are you acting like a saint.

I hate to seem like I am attacking you. But you just went off on some HOO RAH I am a different type of 19 year old who has learned everything.

If you thought the way you just said in this little speech you wouldn not be getting wasted or partying and you would not be spending your money on frivolous mods for your vehicle.

Quote:
For someone who can't spell the place and it seems like everything else is spelled fairly well. It makes me wonder if it's true. If you really did good for you. I donated money due to not having the cash flow to be able to fly out there. I won't say to much on the other things you are saying are good. But the friends thing is kind of something a lot of people would do.