BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

09-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #23
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
at my dealership, all i do is pull into the service drive, say i'm a quart low on oil, porter runs inside and grabs a quart, fills it, and i'm on my way in 5 minutes. or i can extend my stay for another few minutes and get a free car wash my closest bmw dealership is about 3 miles from me so i suppose i can say it is worth it
My dealer would do that too. All I gotta do is show up. Too bad it's a 3 hour drive. But, to be honest, even if I lived next door, I would be embarrassed to go ask them to top off the oil for me. If I were an elderly lady maybe. But if I were me, and I am, I think I can handle adding a quart of oil once in awhile.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #24
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
Wow this site is great, so many responses on such a short time. Thank u very much guys. Yep I just realized its not a quart, and it does say oil level is ok. Its just missing one little notch. I will go buy 2 bottles of that oil tom and whenever that happens do it myself. How much should I put in? BTW, I went into the service info from my idrive and went to oil level. It says ok and it shows 4 little bars. So my guess is one of those bars represent a quart right? All 4 were still there tho lol.

Oh and BTW, yeah, never let a dealership wash ur car. EVER. Made that mistake once with my G35. It wasnt even my fault cayse I made sure to tell them, NO WASH. But they did it anyway and guess what? Swirls all over the place. But I made sure they paid for my $450 detail at a very good detailing place. They didnt even argue because I had the proof of the sign they put on the windshield.
Look in your manual it explains EXACTLY the notches. As for how to add oil, don't add oil when your engine is hot it may crack something. Get a funnel otherwise you're going to be dripping around your engine bay.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:06 PM   #25
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Is this normal? my car has 4800 miles. and today I realized that my gause showed one noth missing which im guessing is a quart. Should I just add a quart or what. Also, does this happen on a normal basis?
you too can learn from my mistakes daniel-san...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154841
      09-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #26
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
But, to be honest, even if I lived next door, I would be embarrassed to go ask them to top off the oil for me. If I were an elderly lady maybe. But if I were me, and I am, I think I can handle adding a quart of oil once in awhile.
i'm not embarrassed to save a few dollars that's why i get them to top it off. after all, it is included with our standard warranty/service plan. i'm not saying i can't do it myself, it's as easy as filling the gas tank. but if i can drive 5 minutes down the street to the bmw house and save $14 (which is what my local dealerships charge for a quart of our oil) you better believe i will. i'm not being cheap, i'm just utilizing something that's included with the price of my car. $14 is a few drinks at the bar
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #27
stevespools
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3 IP  [0.00]
Quote:
i'm not embarrassed to save a few dollars that's why i get them to top it off. after all, it is included with our standard warranty/service plan. i'm not saying i can't do it myself, it's as easy as filling the gas tank. but if i can drive 5 minutes down the street to the bmw house and save $14 (which is what my local dealerships charge for a quart of our oil) you better believe i will. i'm not being cheap, i'm just utilizing something that's included with the price of my car. $14 is a few drinks at the bar
it`s $5 if you buy it in the parts dept.

T.O. is done - meet the NEW T.O.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #28
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevespools View Post
T.O. is done - meet the NEW T.O.
you mean this genius?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #29
bmstyle71
Captain
Rep
Drives: jet black e92 m3

Quote:
you mean this genius?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #30
stevespools
Private
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3 IP  [0.00]
Quote:
you mean this genius?
ok, I`ll give you that; a minor brain fart (we scored anyway).

like T.O. hasn`t done stupid shit

his best years were with us anyway; till his hissy fit
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:32 PM   #31
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

like T.O. hasn`t done stupid shit

his best years were with us anyway; till his hissy fit
T.O. is still at the top of his game. to say he is done is unfounded. show me proof and i'll give you the point. desean jackson is going to be a very good receiver, no doubt! i've got him on one of my fantasy teams and i don't make stupid picks. if mcnabb can stay healthy, he'll have good numbers this year. nfc east is rock solid outside of washington. cowboys are still the team to beat though

i shall not stray anymore. there is an nfl thread in off topic if you'd like to continue football banter.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:40 PM   #32
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

Quote:
Better get used to it. That's not his first brush with stupidity. And won't be his last.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #33
stevespools
Private
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3 IP  [0.00]
Quote:
T.O. is still at the top of his game. to say he is done is unfounded. show me proof and i'll give you the point. desean jackson is going to be a very good receiver, no doubt! i've got him on one of my fantasy teams and i don't make stupid picks. if mcnabb can stay healthy, he'll have good numbers this year. nfc east is rock solid outside of washington. cowboys are still the team to beat though

i shall not stray anymore. there is an nfl thread in off topic if you'd like to continue football banter.
I agree - apologies to the OP

and (true confessions) I miss T.O.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #34
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

^^ haha its all good tho.

Side note, I just read the manual and it says my oil level is ok. One bar missing is cool. Question is. Should I still add some so I get it to the max line? Onlu problem is I dont wanna put too much but I know that I would have to put half a quart for the computer to read it. So would it be ok to put that much? Or should I just leave it
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #35
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
^^ haha its all good tho.

Side note, I just read the manual and it says my oil level is ok. One bar missing is cool. Question is. Should I still add some so I get it to the max line? Onlu problem is I dont wanna put too much but I know that I would have to put half a quart for the computer to read it. So would it be ok to put that much? Or should I just leave it
nah, you don't want to accidentally overfill it. just do what the control check messages tell you to do. it will tell you when to add oil. you'll be fine until then.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #36
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Once again thank u very much. Really appreciate it. Oh and BTW, im a cowboy fan as well
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #37
stevespools
Private
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3 IP  [0.00]
Quote:
Once again thank u very much. Really appreciate it. Oh and BTW, im a cowboy fan as well
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Appreciate 0