BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

04-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
speed12sil
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: P-Car

Cannot go to page 52 and beyond for HPFP thread

I tried to click on page 52 and later pages for the stickied HPFP thread in General E90/92/93 forum, and no matter what I do, it's still stuck on page 51. Is the thread borked or pages 52-57 don't actually exist?

For example:

Clicking last page goes to:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...333519&page=51

Changing that number to 57 still kicks me back to page 51.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
I'm not familiar with this forum software, but typically a post count is maintained separately for performance reasons (faster to read a single number than count the number of actual posts within a thread). This counter is probably used to determine the number of pages based on how many posts per page you have set in your settings (e.g. 20/page). My theory is that this counter didn't get updated during some sort of purging of the posts (i.e. moved or deleted). So the pager is based on X number of posts, when there are really Y posts remaining.
      04-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
speed12sil
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: P-Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
I'm not familiar with this forum software, but typically a post count is maintained separately for performance reasons (faster to read a single number than count the number of actual posts within a thread). This counter is probably used to determine the number of pages based on how many posts per page you have set in your settings (e.g. 20/page). My theory is that this counter didn't get updated during some sort of purging of the posts (i.e. moved or deleted). So the pager is based on X number of posts, when there are really Y posts remaining.
Thanks for the explanation. Have little knowledge of how these things work so I learned something today

Oh, and there were a few new posts today, and now the page goes up to 51 total, instead of 57. I guess that somehow fixed the issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed12sil View Post
Thanks for the explanation. Have little knowledge of how these things work so I learned something today

Oh, and there were a few new posts today, and now the page goes up to 51 total, instead of 57. I guess that somehow fixed the issue.
Interesting. The new posts probably triggered the count to be checked again, and now it's based on the proper number of posts in the thread. I love problems that fix themselves