BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #45
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
You forgot to mention and remove the under tray.
But see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles@Gintani.com View Post
Correct, you do not utilize the OEM black under tray with our pan to further promote cooling. I am going to edit my original post to add that in; completely forgot to write that in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-FN-MAN View Post
Hahaha yeah, don't want to many people noticing the name when they get down and lay on their backs to crawl under your car and scope out the undercarriage lol
Mostly just don't my car to scream "aftermarket parts" when I take it to the dealer for service or warranty work. They'd definitely notice something was different if they specifically went to work on the DCT oil pan, but with a plain-looking cover they might just overlook it if they were focused elsewhere. All things being equal, I'd just rather have one without any logos. (And, indeed, if no one is ever going to see it, why does it need a logo in the first place?)
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #46
Beemdog
Woof!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue

Garage List
Mostly just don't want my car to scream "aftermarket parts" when I take it to the dealer for service or warranty work.

I have to agree. If the logo loses sales it is counter-productive. Better to leave off the logo and have a plain, finned pan. Most potential buyers won't see the logo anyway, so the advertising value of the logo is minimal.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #47
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemdog View Post
With the pan being deeper I would think the OEM black under tray would be left off???

Better cooling that way, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
But see:

Mostly just don't my car to scream "aftermarket parts" when I take it to the dealer for service or warranty work. They'd definitely notice something was different if they specifically went to work on the DCT oil pan, but with a plain-looking cover they might just overlook it if they were focused elsewhere. All things being equal, I'd just rather have one without any logos. (And, indeed, if no one is ever going to see it, why does it need a logo in the first place?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemdog View Post
Mostly just don't want my car to scream "aftermarket parts" when I take it to the dealer for service or warranty work.

I have to agree. If the logo loses sales it is counter-productive. Better to leave off the logo and have a plain, finned pan. Most potential buyers won't see the logo anyway, so the advertising value of the logo is minimal.
We want to brand the products we innovate and bring into the market, so creating a pan without Gintani on it is something we are not interested in at the moment. I understand your concern about warranty work, but whether the logo is there or not, any BMW certified technician will know it is aftermarket once they see it is not the small plastic pan that comes from the factory.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #48
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Only on m3post would people be complaining about the logo.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #49
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
We want to brand the products we innovate and bring into the market, so creating a pan without Gintani on it is something we are not interested in at the moment. I understand your concern about warranty work, but whether the logo is there or not, any BMW certified technician will know it is aftermarket once they see it is not the small plastic pan that comes from the factory.

Exactly. It's a dead giveaway logo or not.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #50
0_to_60
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
But see:

plasti dip the pan prior service, i guarantee you will not alter the tech's visual perception
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #51
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoosting View Post
It has been stated that you REUSE the factory gasket.
Why not die cut a new gasket? Gintani has the CAD drawing. Getting newly die cut gaskets would be very easy.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #52
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
Why not die cut a new gasket? Gintani has the CAD drawing. Getting newly die cut gaskets would be very easy.
I thought the same thing. Could always just use some RTV also
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #53
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
It is a very thick rubber gasket which is not flat. The original one is completely re-usable and no need for a new one. We made sure to design our pan to fit 100% at all the mounting points like OEM.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #54
C-M2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 SG M3

Question here, Are you guys testing each cooling item in the kit (Pan/Cooler) separately and going to report on results? Or do you have the data for the cooler already available?

Current: 2009 Space Gray e92 M3 - Mod list too long to list
Gone: 2004 Jet Black/Black SMG M3
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #55
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smg Ftw View Post
Question here, Are you guys testing each cooling item in the kit (Pan/Cooler) separately and going to report on results? Or do you have the data for the cooler already available?
Yes, we are going to Streets of Willow on May 3rd and will be testing out our products!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #56
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
It is a very thick rubber gasket which is not flat. The original one is completely re-usable and no need for a new one. We made sure to design our pan to fit 100% at all the mounting points like OEM.
OK, that makes sense. I didn't know it wasn't flat. Like somebody else said, I have the "right" transmission.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 12:28 AM   #57
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Only on m3post would people be complaining about the logo.
I wasn't really "complaining" about it. I asked a simple question. All things equal, I'd prefer a plain pan the looks as OEM as possible.

But the logo does not take away from the apparent quality of the product and, if a large-logoed version was all that was available, it wouldn't stop me from buying one. I applaud Gintani for bringing this to the market.

Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread, Gintani. Back to talking about performance, fitment, price, availability, etc.!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #58
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
OK, that makes sense. I didn't know it wasn't flat. Like somebody else said, I have the "right" transmission.
Can't blame ya!

Quote:
I wasn't really "complaining" about it. I asked a simple question. All things equal, I'd prefer a plain pan the looks as OEM as possible.

But the logo does not take away from the apparent quality of the product and, if a large-logoed version was all that was available, it wouldn't stop me from buying one. I applaud Gintani for bringing this to the market.

Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread, Gintani. Back to talking about performance, fitment, price, availability, etc.!
Don't worry about it, I appreciate all honest input from everyone. I am here to listen to everyone's thoughts and concerns which helps Gintani put out a better product!

That being said, I have spoken with my team and we will be re-locating the Gintani logo to the side of our pan which will allow more cooling fins! We appreciate all the feedback and input provided!

Thank you everyone!
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2014, 07:50 PM   #59
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can't blame ya!

Don't worry about it, I appreciate all honest input from everyone. I am here to listen to everyone's thoughts and concerns which helps Gintani put out a better product!

That being said, I have spoken with my team and we will be re-locating the Gintani logo to the side of our pan which will allow more cooling fins! We appreciate all the feedback and input provided!

Thank you everyone!
Cool! Sounds like a win-win! I love the look of the cooling fins. It will match the diff nicely.

Now you guys just need to offer an (affordable) engine oil cooler and sell them as a bundle!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #60
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Does the GTS have a plastic DCT oil pan also?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #61
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena View Post
Oh no thank you. My car came with the right transmission.
Haha
|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #62
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Very cool
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:49 PM   #63
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena View Post
Oh no thank you. My car came with the slower transmission.
Fixed...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:03 PM   #64
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
Fixed...
smh
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #65
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
Does the GTS have a plastic DCT oil pan also?
I believe the GTS does.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #66
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Appreciate 0