BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

12-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #45
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanderbilt View Post
Yes. Sometimes I feel like I am in some sort of simulation, are these people real? A woman and I are both approaching the fresh herb section at Whole Foods at the same time, I smile and clearly let her go in front of me. Then she proceed to stand in front of every item, completely blocking my access, and spends at least a minute picking through things (decided she wanted the ninth version of an item so removed all eight in front of it multiple times) before walking away like I never existed. I had a minute to contemplate the situation and it stuck in my head. I wish I was so caught up in myself that I didn't see or care about anyone around me.

Though with the M3, there is some evidence of real curiosity. The forehead and finger imprints on my windows are not mine. I don't flatter myself, probably someone checking for visible Apple items.
get some tinted windows to solve that problem !

plus if someone does break in the glass sticks to the window film not making a mess all over your whole car... you can tell im from NY/NJ lol #tri-stateproblems haha
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #46
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The same way they park is the exact same way they drive, like they are walking at the mall. Have you noticed that no matter where you are at the mall -looking at a store display, walking, just sitting in a bench- somebody, out of nowhere, sooner or later, will bump into you, stand in front of you while you are looking at that display, and basically just ignore your presence and personal space?

That's the same way they drive and park.
Absolutely right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
This reminds me of an experience I had a few years back.

I was coming out of the grocery store walking towards my car when I saw this lady loading groceries in the the trunk of a brand new S-class MB. She was parked across the aisle from me. When she finished loading her groceries, she simply shoved the shopping cart across the parking aisle to get rid of it. The shopping cart rolled until it crashed on my rear bumper . So I shouted "Hey lady, watch it. This is my car you just hit." To which she snottily replied "Calm down, it's just a car."

When I got to my car, I took the shopping cart the was resting against my rear bumber (it made a small scratch on the paint ) and I swung it back across the aisle. It crashed on the lady's rear bumper. She got out of her car obviously upset and screamed at me "Are you crazy, what is your problem?" To which I very calmly replied "Calm down lady, it's just a car."
Well done.
      12-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #47
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
Same thing when I'm taking a piss. There could be 10 empty urinals and they come and take a piss right next to you. Whatever happened to the leave a stall in between rule?
I absolutely live by this rule. Nothing more akward than a guy next to you when there's literally 4 more urinals.

As regards to people parking cars close to you, that's why I just bought myself a really clean 1997 4Runner for only 3 grand. Had a Ford Expedition park right behind my rear bumper even though I was pulled up to front of my parking spot.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #48
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

I usually try to park as far away from everyone else and yet some hunk of shit car will park next to me. I've had 3 door dings pulled out and luckaly becuase of Xpel plastic covering my doors I never had to get a repaint.

I'm terrified of some family van with some fat ass family and their 5 kids climbing in and out of it parked right next to me when I come back to my car.

I wish I could invent dentless doors or some shit.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #49
goblueM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 e90 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post

I wish I could invent dentless doors or some shit.

They have those already....on a Saturn!!
those cars were made almost entirely of plastic
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #50
bvanderbilt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
get some tinted windows to solve that problem !

plus if someone does break in the glass sticks to the window film not making a mess all over your whole car... you can tell im from NY/NJ lol #tri-stateproblems haha
As a rule I never leave ANYTHING visible.
It's like locking your doors, takes 5 seconds, avoids all sorts of problems.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #51
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep

Quote:
As a rule I never leave ANYTHING visible.
It's like locking your doors, takes 5 seconds, avoids all sorts of problems.
same... my town is a middle class suburb of NYC in nj. theres so many car break ins.. every article in the paper says.. the car was left unlocked...

when theres car thefts , like every 3/5 were the person left the FOB in the car lol

like are u serious people...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #52
crimsonred335is
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Also people have different parking philosophies. I always park in "edge spots" so I can get close to the curb/line and there is lots of room on the side. I know a lot of people who actually seek out nice cars to park next to because they figure they'll be more careful. I think that's a bad idea because I have seen careless luxury car owners kick their doors open into the car next to them just because they can.
Parking on the edge of a row of parking spaces is what I've adopted too. I didn't really care in my Lexus, but the first day I got my BMW a guy with a 1970s pickup truck that's all rusted without paint parks next to me and hits my passenger door so bad that you'd think it was intentional. I let it slide and ever since then I've learned to park away from the crowd.

I guess in the end it's all about what you've experienced and how much you value your car. My dad's car is easily worth 3-4 times mine and yet he doesn't give a shit where he parks. He's never been dinged, but I guess that might also explain why he's not paranoid.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #53
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyM3 View Post
Walking back to my car after I went to the store and someone parks right next to me in a wide open parking lot.

Do you guys have any pictures of people parking right next to you in a wide open lot, or is it just me?

LMAO! I think he just wanted to be close to you.
Sold - 2003 E46 M3 LSB SMG
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toy

Garage List
I'm lucky, (well not so lucky) to have my handicap parking pass so I have the big stalls and access isles to protect my baby. ...knock on wood.
Sold - 2003 E46 M3 LSB SMG
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #55
My 10th BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3

Years ago , I had parked one of my vintage BMW's way out away from everybody. I returned to find a big circle of shopping carts completely surrounding the car, like over 20 of them. Made me nervous at first , but then made me laugh when I got closer and saw no damage.
That was back in the days before cell phone cameras, but I would have loved to have a picture of that.

Recently, I returned to my M3 , to find a POS parked against my front bumper.
I was parallel parked in an end spot, and the POS was in the red.
I backed up the M3 a foot, and found pieces of chipped paint from the POS imbedded into the clear bra on my front bumper. I waited a while for them to return, and when they did not, I kindly scraped all the loose chipped paint from their bumper for them with a screwdriver.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #56
slimflem
get driving!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
Not just my car but it even happens to me in a food court at the mall. There will be a hundred tables and chairs open but the person has to sit close to me. The world works in mysterious ways...
It's called 'the pack mentality'...that's what I call it anyway. People feel the need to move in packs and group and clump up together. It can be annoying, especially when it comes to interstate driving where people feel they need to drive right next to each other in clumps. hate it.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #57
6spdg37s
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto2315 View Post
Not just my car but it even happens to me in a food court at the mall. There will be a hundred tables and chairs open but the person has to sit close to me. The world works in mysterious ways...
now I know what ima do on my days off.. go to the monmouth mall and fuk wit u ! hahahahahaha jp
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #58
jmgM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 - 6MT - Jerez Blk

Quote:

I was coming out of the grocery store walking towards my car when I saw this lady loading groceries in the the trunk of a brand new S-class MB. She was parked across the aisle from me. When she finished loading her groceries, she simply shoved the shopping cart across the parking aisle to get rid of it. The shopping cart rolled until it crashed on my rear bumper . So I shouted "Hey lady, watch it. This is my car you just hit." To which she snottily replied "Calm down, it's just a car."

When I got to my car, I took the shopping cart the was resting against my rear bumber (it made a small scratch on the paint ) and I swung it back across the aisle. It crashed on the lady's rear bumper. She got out of her car obviously upset and screamed at me "Are you crazy, what is your problem?" To which I very calmly replied "Calm down lady, it's just a car."
Ahh... love it!

I just can't stand people like that.

2011 E90 M3 - Jrz Blk - 6MT
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #59
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
now I know what ima do on my days off.. go to the monmouth mall and fuk wit u ! hahahahahaha jp
hahaha you're a doooooooosh
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #60
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE

happens all the time. pisses me off, but what are you going to do? I have to say, that first picture with that Plymouth is hilarious! What a p.o.s. I like the wind deflector!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #61
bimdo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 m3

i park as far away as i can,in an end space if it's available,and count on peoples' general laziness to hope no one parks next to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #62
quiksi
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
there seems to be a "BMW Corner" in my parking garage, and I park next to a E92 M3, a F10 535i M sport and/or a F10 528i

2011 E90 M3 6mt AW/Speed Cloth - ZCP, Moonroof, non-iDrive - PCD 12/9/10
Painted reflectors, matte black grills/gills, Deansbimmer Belly Pan, DEI Alarm, Homelink/compass retrofit, Passport MAX2 Hardwire, GP Thunder 8500K, modmy3 LED interior, Dinan Mufflers, HRE P40 19" Satin Charcoal, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #63
McKenna Performance
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #64
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

If there was only one other car in a snowy lot where you couldn't see any lines, I would park next to it too.
      12-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #65
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65NAPWR View Post
I take another route and park in between cars that have short doors and unlikely to tap my car. Sometimes I'll park far, but not often - too lazy.

by the way, you do not have to Capitalize all your first letters, unless you like it that way or something
Given a choice, I use to park next to a sedan rather than a coupe for the shorter doors, but it's not something I've thought about in forever.

I've noticed the further away I park, the more likely that someone targets the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #66
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Given a choice, I use to park next to a sedan rather than a coupe for the shorter doors, but it's not something I've thought about in forever.

I've noticed the further away I park, the more likely that someone targets the car.
bingo.