BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

05-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #23
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

i wont ever forget when people i knew got suspended from school bc they would skip class and post it on their FB, i now know why people hated how smart i was, bc i was always the guy laughing at them telling them what they did hahaha
      05-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #24
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I can't post anything that's on my mind anymore without it coming back on me. People from work friend me, so I can't say anything bad about work. My friends have close relatives on their lists, so I can't say anything that might embarrass them or get them into trouble. I can't even have a political discussion without someone jumping in and getting hostile.

I dumped about half my friends list, I'm thinking of deactivating entirely. What is the point of a site like this if you can't write anything worth saying without it being repeated or attacked?
i set everyone i don't like to my 'limited profile' they can't see shit that i post or receive. they don't ask and if they do, who gives a shit
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #25
my92
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Why even add people that don't want you to show you personal life to? =/ I don't add anyone from work, internships, employers, family, etc. If they do need to add me, I make a "dummy account" and add them there and keep my regular fb account full of me drinking and partying and stupid things
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #26
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by my92 View Post
Why even add people that don't want you to show you personal life to? =/ I don't add anyone from work, internships, employers, family, etc. If they do need to add me, I make a "dummy account" and add them there and keep my regular fb account full of me drinking and partying and stupid things
I agree, which is why I purged out a bunch of people I only know casually.

Next thing I wish is that if I post on another person's wall that my post would only be visible to that person or any friends we have in common. I don't think that's the why it works now.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #27
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

You just realize it was creepy, I been saying it for a while.

I do not understand you people and why you have a need to share certain pieces of information about yourself in the first place. I can tell you people did not get jobs and lost jobs because of what they wrote on facebook. Most of that was before you could hide you facebook account from people you did not want to see it.

Companies and background checking companies all search facebook, youtube and discussion board for things you might post since most people tend to use a common nicks across site they frequent.

All the dumb things we all have done should just be a memory not preserved in words on the web and in pictures.

BTW, there are websites that archive the present state of various websites so even if you go back and delete and edit something, you can find what it looks like before the edit.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #28
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I have some family members as friends, but I know what I say won't get back to my mom (the main person i don't want knowing about any issues in my life).
Appreciate 0