BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #45
Its_lobelt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh_5H1T View Post
you mean mine? lol

Great choice in color OP... you'll see how much more attention you'll get now (if you haven't already started)... I can't keep people off my car out here... it almost gets annoying at times cuz everyone wants to touch it and leave finger prints

P.S. bet you almost cried wrapping the bumpers. Most frustrating part of the process! (considering you did this on your own)

P.P.S.... how much did you spend? if you DIY... should have been under a grand...
LOL yes I meant yours. BTW How hard is the front bumper to do?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #46
Ohh_5H1T
Captain
Rep
Drives: Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB_S2K View Post
LOL yes I meant yours. BTW How hard is the front bumper to do?
On a scale of 1 to becoming a certified astronaut.... i'd say definitely landing on the moon, give or take...

Each bumper took about 4-5 hours... 2 people working on it about 75% of the time... Areas of the front bumper's bottom grill/air duct holes had to be patched because the vinyl gave up around the corners and going towards the inside. I spent about an hour and a half just cleaning up the work in these areas after we had the main wrap applied. It was def. challenging. Thought we'd be giving up a few times, especially the back bumper. But with patience you'll get through it...
      08-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #47
Its_lobelt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh_5H1T View Post
On a scale of 1 to becoming a certified astronaut.... i'd say definitely landing on the moon, give or take...

Each bumper took about 4-5 hours... 2 people working on it about 75% of the time... Areas of the front bumper's bottom grill/air duct holes had to be patched because the vinyl gave up around the corners and going towards the inside. I spent about an hour and a half just cleaning up the work in these areas after we had the main wrap applied. It was def. challenging. Thought we'd be giving up a few times, especially the back bumper. But with patience you'll get through it...
I see thanks for the reply.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #48
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)

Update: bad photo of my car so far (I didn't purposefully take it like this. The sun was setting). Car still not done yet. Some stuff on backorder and wife is getting angry.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #49
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthai View Post
Update: bad photo of my car so far (I didn't purposefully take it like this. The sun was setting). Car still not done yet. Some stuff on backorder and wife is getting angry.
That looks so good! The only wrap I'd even consider doing, unless they had Matte Techno Violet

I think if I ever did go through with it (not any time soon), I'd take off the bumpers and let someone else take care of it.

What do you have left to do?
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #50
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Looking good!
      10-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #51
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

looks good so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #52
LucWerkz
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e70 X5 4.8i (Temporarily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
That looks so good! The only wrap I'd even consider doing, unless they had Matte Techno Violet

I think if I ever did go through with it (not any time soon), I'd take off the bumpers and let someone else take care of it.

What do you have left to do?
Cosmetics: Diffuser, BMW Performance CF Spoiler and CF Mirror Caps, lowering springs/coilovers (trying to see how much of a drop I want and if coilovers would be a better route), and Lux AE becase my car is too Superman-esque at the moment with the yellow rings and red tails.

Performance: If I can convince my wife that I "need" a supercharger, an ESS-625/Akra full. We just bought a new suv and thinking about buying a house so I don't think she'll budge, but that won't stop me from begging...I mean convincing.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #53
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Looking good.
Appreciate 0