BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

01-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #23
BMWM3RED
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe Red

nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhird View Post
I have read that you need to remove the cover from your phone to attach it ? True ? That is a deal breaker for me.
it works with the cover on, but i have the leather Sena Case, love it BTW, maybe you have Kryptonite in your case. anyway, the Sena case has heavy magnets and the bluetooth works fine, i need to see why the music does not play. i am hoping the USB will charge my phone, i have not checked
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #24
BMWM3RED
Private
Rep

i look at

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
On the 2012 model can you now read messages from the iPhone? How does BMW office work with your phone?...............Phil
i looked at Office and saw where it said "messages" and it said i had none, not sure. i am going to find out today. going to drive about 100 miles today and visit some friends
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #25
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM3RED View Post
i looked at Office and saw where it said "messages" and it said i had none, not sure. i am going to find out today. going to drive about 100 miles today and visit some friends
It's probably not compatible yet.....as long as your phone has a text message or email on it, once the phone is connected you would be able to see them......Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #26
WBMW5S
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535I SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhird View Post
I have read that you need to remove the cover from your phone to attach it ? True ? That is a deal breaker for me.
I got the cradle when i got my car and yes you needed to take off the cover to place it in the cradle. Also with a permanant ipod connected to the USB i really cant find a reason to keep the cradle, so i return it. It was like $240. Also the phone got really hot while in the cradle. Just not a fan. Maybe when they come up with a weather app I may reconsider.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #27
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
It's probably not compatible yet.....as long as your phone has a text message or email on it, once the phone is connected you would be able to see them......Phil
I thought the office features were only for blackberry.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #28
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
I thought the office features were only for blackberry.
You're correct but I thought I read somewhere that BMW might be adding the iPhone to the mix........I was just checkin' to see if they had done so. I'm a crackberry user so I'm good..........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #29
BMWM3RED
Private
Rep

Just curious

Quote:
Did anyone look at my apps....just curious. If you did, what did you think?

M3Red
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #30
BMWM3RED
Private
Rep

Blue Tooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_M3 View Post
Bluetooth audio streaming is supported on the M3, or at least on my 2011 one. I can play music via bluetooth on my iphone 4. You just have to enable bluetooth for audio as well as phone calls. Should work with any phone w/bluetooth.
I have tried to enable music thry bluetooth and it just doesnt seem to take. It just sits there and looks at me when i select it. What am i doing wrong?

M3Red
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #31
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
i see where the M3 recognizes the iPhone as bluetooth using phone and music, but it wont seem to hookup for music. i need to get in touch with BMW, i must not be holding my mouth right

M3Red
I have the same issue, but as someone stated in an earlier post... They bluetooth for audio only works on production models beginning 09/10 that have iDrive. If yours was made before that or you don't have iDrive, you are likely out of luck.

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #32
runnerguy1979
One Life ... Live It
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E92 6MT ZCP Space Grey

I tried the bluetooth audio streaming when I test drove a 2011 M3.
I didn't have a cable with me at the time and I asked the SA if I needed it to listen to music on my iPhone. He said no and quickly synched the bluetooth with my phone and the car...within minutes I was listening to beautiful digital tunes on the great M3 stereo. Not only that, but my iPhone contacts were uploaded and we even tested a call to my dad. I wanted to spend more time being geeky but I had to go in and place my order

I pick my new M3 up in 7 days and can't wait to play around with the iDrive. I'm a techie by nature and this was a huge selling point for the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #33
sycd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 [MT]

Garage List
2023 BMW M2 [MT]  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
Bluetooth didn't sound as good as with the USB cable for me. I'm back using the cable.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #34
Car_Girl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 xDrive 5.0i

Hey OP, I couldn't agree with you more. I just purchased a 2011 E93 with the OEM iPod interface and I picked up a cradle which is compatible with my vehicle's build date (there are compatibility issues one needs to watch out for the cradles I was told at the parts counter). My Head Unit is CIC ReKo (reverse compatible with previous wiring as a drop-in upgrade).

I plugged in my iPhone 4s which I just bought last week and voila! the iDrive interface began working. I went ahead and did the BT Pairing which was simple as can be, and now everything works that I want to work. You don't even have to name your iPhone playlists with the words BMW any more. You can name your playlists with better descriptions now. Some might not know that the older systems like the one I had in my 07 M Roadster required the iPod to have BMW1, BMW2, etc or something starting with BMW in the playlist name before the system would recognize the list as an actual playlist.

Album art comes thorough without issue as well.

The cradle I have in the center console comes with a fan and for those who might be concerned with the fan turning off, it does shut off. In fact, I came back to my car about a half hour after normal usage when I stopped at home yesterday after doing some running and i had to unplug, then plug the iPhone back into the cradle so the vehicle system would recognize that it was still there. I think it might have been because the phone goes into a low power drain mode when it's not in use. It's no biggie, but it is a slight inconvenience.

As for the FB and Twitter apps, they work as expected. I haven't messed with voice to text entries yet but I will in the next few days.
2007 Z4M 6 spd Interlagos Blue / Blk / CF trim
2006 Z4M 6 spd Blk / Blk / CF trim
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #35
DrJay71
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 (E92) Jerez Black

Hello there. I am a new M3 owner. I have a 2011 E92 without iDrive, Nav, or Bluetooth. Heck I don't even have Homelink to control my garage doors!

I wish the previous owner had ponied up the money to get these but oh well. In my center console, all I have is an AUX input, NO USB. I have figured out how to listen to my iPod but it is such a pain, not to mention dangerous, to reach back and flip through songs, playlists, etc. I really want to be able control my iPod with the steering wheel or at least buttons on the radio. I would also like Bluetooth and Homelink capability. Navigation would be nice but not a must. I have a iPhone 4S and an iPod classic. I need my phone with me at all times but can leave the iPod in the car.

I am willing to pay almost anything to have these (within reason).

Do you guys have ANY suggestions?!

Please help!
Appreciate 0