BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

09-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #23
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
They were fishing for active email accounts to hack. So, if you emailed them from personal/work email, they tried to hack your account.
Anyone else seen these ads?
Yeah I have

Hence why I have a special email set up just for CL stuff, so if it gets hacked, o well. Not linked to my name, my location, etc etc

This was an obvious scam, you can tell from the english and the fact that they didn't state what the "item" was

You can give them a fake paypal and see what they do lol
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 06:06 AM   #24
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

A separate email is a must for CL, at least for initial communication. Also, scammers, etc. usually don't bother with the details, so if you get an email with just "available?" or "...item..." instead of the actual item description, most likely it's nothing good.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #25
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

The new scam these days is to send some sort of email to you to make you think they are interested and they just want you to reply so they can get your real email address then they can bomb you with other emails and hope to load something on your computer.

One email I got recently slipped by, I missed it was a canned email, and the email address looked almost real, I responded and the next thing I know I was getting lots of emails from young ladies looking for a date, they all sent some really nice pictures too.

The email that got by me simply asked if it was still available.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-04-2012 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #26
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+ | Colorado Z71

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
The new scam these days is to send some sort of email to you to make you think they are interested and they just want you to replay so they can get your real email address so they can bomb you with other emails and hope to load something on your computer.

One email I got recently slipped by, I missed it was a canned email, and the email address looked almost real, I responded and the next thing I know I was getting lots of emails from young ladies looking for a date, they all sent some really nice pictures too.

The email that got by me simply asked if it was still available.
Well, that's interesting. However, I sure wouldn't mind some random hot pictures every once in a while haha
      09-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #27
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil///M View Post
Well, that's interesting. However, I sure wouldn't mind some random hot pictures every once in a while haha
yeah but the pictures come with a virus, however, it was a pleasant surprised. I showed the wife that hot young things wanted to buy my stuff so she better be nice to me.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #28
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

I say we scam the shit out of these scammers and give them a lesson.

Make the scammers fear us.

The best analogy I can come up with is similar to somebody (scammer) putting their arm under a fence to try and mess shit up in your email. What do we as the recipient do?

We grab their mother fuking arm and rip that shit off.

From now, on I'm going to play chess with these fukers from a protected computer and fake email and try to give them hell...

...I'm not really, but that would be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #29
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+ | Colorado Z71

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post

The best analogy I can come up with is similar to somebody (scammer) putting their arm under a fence to try and mess shit up in your email. What do we as the recipient do?

From now, on I'm going to play chess with these fukers from a protected computer and fake email and try to give them hell...

I wonder if there's a way to actually do that. I'm surprised they don't have a task force out to try to catch people like this.
      09-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #30
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post

There is entire website dedicated to this purpose and they do a pretty good job since most of the scammer is pretty stupid people. The best thing these guys do is to send them garbage and get the scammer to pay for shipping.
Appreciate 0