BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Mporium BMW

02-18-2010, 03:19 AM   #1
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Stevens Creek BMW FTMFW!!

So I go into Stevens Creek BMW today for what I thought was going to be a quick scheduled oil change. Come to find out that included with this oil change is also replacement of all the spark plugs and change of the diff oil as well. Turns out this will be a 3 hr service and I don't have a loaner nor does it make sense to drive all the way home (I go out of my way and quite a distance to go to this dealer) and then back again. No problem, I brought my laptop and decide to work from the cafe they have there. My SA gives me a handful of tokens that equates to a very hearty and free lunch in the cafe.

While I am there I go see my buddy Steve Hill who has sold me all of my BMWs over the years and always gives me outstanding deals. We got talking about some of the other M cars there and he lets me take the X6 M out for a spin. Very fast, smooth, great handling car. Almost forget your in an SAV. Nice exhaust note, esp when up-shifting at WOT. Just not worth $95K IMO. Anyway, it is always nice to test drive the new toys

When I get back I work a little longer before my car is ready and washed. As I sign off with my SA I ask him if it is possible for me to get a free quart of oil to keep in my trunk for when the oil burns off a bit as it always does. He says no problem, disappears for a minute, and returns with a brand new qt of the Castrol gold that our cars love All in all I would def say one of the best days/experiences I have had at a dealership and the reason that, outside of an emergency or a tight pinch, I give my business exclusively to Stevens Creek
      02-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
alpineweissM3
I love my beautiful wife!
Rep
Drives: e90 ///M

It's priceless when you find a good dealer...they are so few and far between.

BTW, how many miles do you have? I didn't realize we could get 2 Dif fluid changes and a spark plug change.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineweissM3 View Post
It's priceless when you find a good dealer...they are so few and far between.

BTW, how many miles do you have? I didn't realize we could get 2 Dif fluid changes and a spark plug change.
LOL.....uh...29K
      02-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
mexicanmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black

Who is your SA? I live in the area and was trying to decide between dealers to visit. I bought some stuff from Stevens Creek and the guy gave me a (little) discount, it was nice cause I didn't ask or hint at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
So I go into Stevens Creek BMW today for what I thought was going to be a quick scheduled oil change. Come to find out that included with this oil change is also replacement of all the spark plugs and change of the diff oil as well. Turns out this will be a 3 hr service and I don't have a loaner nor does it make sense to drive all the way home (I go out of my way and quite a distance to go to this dealer) and then back again. No problem, I brought my laptop and decide to work from the cafe they have there. My SA gives me a handful of tokens that equates to a very hearty and free lunch in the cafe.

While I am there I go see my buddy Steve Hill who has sold me all of my BMWs over the years and always gives me outstanding deals. We got talking about some of the other M cars there and he lets me take the X6 M out for a spin. Very fast, smooth, great handling car. Almost forget your in an SAV. Nice exhaust note, esp when up-shifting at WOT. Just not worth $95K IMO. Anyway, it is always nice to test drive the new toys

When I get back I work a little longer before my car is ready and washed. As I sign off with my SA I ask him if it is possible for me to get a free quart of oil to keep in my trunk for when the oil burns off a bit as it always does. He says no problem, disappears for a minute, and returns with a brand new qt of the Castrol gold that our cars love All in all I would def say one of the best days/experiences I have had at a dealership and the reason that, outside of an emergency or a tight pinch, I give my business exclusively to Stevens Creek
+1 Stevens Creek BMW is one of the better dealerships in the bay as far as helping ppl out
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicanmike View Post
Who is your SA? I live in the area and was trying to decide between dealers to visit. I bought some stuff from Stevens Creek and the guy gave me a (little) discount, it was nice cause I didn't ask or hint at all.
His name was Ken. Had differnt guy last time, Scott..I think. Both were outstanding.
      02-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
mexicanmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Sold!!! Will be taking mine to Stevens Creek for service. Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sold!!! Will be taking mine to Stevens Creek for service. Thank you!!
OK..but if he can't give you free stuff don't go..."Oh but some dude on m3post said he brought his IB M3 in here and you gave him free oil!" Don't mess up my game, yo
      02-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #9
mexicanmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

I have been in the "service" business for 15 years. I don't ask for, and don't expect free. But....when I decide to order a 2012 or 2013 (whichever is last for V8) I will be asking for the best price possible.......Steve Hill you say??
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #10
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

i also get everything done at Steven Creek BMW, Service/Sales departments are Top Notch there
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 11:32 AM   #11
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I have been in the "service" business for 15 years. I don't ask for, and don't expect free. But....when I decide to order a 2012 or 2013 (whichever is last for V8) I will be asking for the best price possible.......Steve Hill you say??
I don't expect...but I do ask......it never hurts

Yup...Steve Hill FTW. He's da man!
      02-22-2010, 08:39 AM   #12
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Is Huck still the GM there?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #13
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifegun View Post
Is Huck still the GM there?
I have no idea. I only deal with Steve there. Never had to meet the GM.
      02-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #14
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
I have no idea. I only deal with Steve there. Never had to meet the GM.
The employees at that dealership at top notch as is the shop foreman in my opinion. If you ever run into issues that require the GM however, he starts off great but then reverts to questionable tactics if problems persist. I am kind of hoping he is not there anymore as I would like to give them my business.
Appreciate 0