BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

08-15-2008, 11:18 PM   #133
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

I just got the C63 brochure today in the mail from my dealer. Making my wait even more agonizing.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #134
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by peet View Post
335 more torque than M3.
335 looks like M3

C63 more torque than the planet
C63 looks like C350. (so? see line immediately above).

End of argument.

What said it best - C63 is way faster in a line than the M. Most of us don't live anywhere near curves. Most of us race in red-light, block long races. Most of us would benefit from a C63.

I got rid of my 07 M Coupe, I looked at an M3 and even an M5 - I ended up picking up the 63. Never liked slush boxes - am totally THRILLED with the 63 and will happily spank any of your E9X M3s. Thank you very much.
Sounds like you've got something to prove, but I'm glad you ended up with the perfect car for you. Congrats.

I'll tell you this, you'll never spank my M3 because you won't get the chance. My best friend was killed in law school when a couple of kids drag racing from one red light to the next never stopped. So please excuse me if I don't join you in a drag race from a red light and if I don't share your fascination with straight line acceleration. I'm not one dimensional, and neither is my driving nor my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 02:22 AM   #135
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
335 more torque than M3.
Incorrect.

Quote:
C63 more torque than the planet
Not really. (Sorry Hans!)

As stated many times on this forum, what matters is torque at the wheels per vehicle weight. Torque at the shaft is not particularly meaningful. If you want to compare shaft numbers, compare hp/weight although that will exclude drag, transmission losses, and drag and rotational inertia effects.

Several months ago, I plotted T@wheels for M3 vs 335 over rpms. Recently, member mixja plotted T@wheels over vehicle speed (also excluding drag and rotational inertia effects) for M3 vs several cars including the C63. As, you can see, DCT's extra gear makes it a mixed story.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157633

Last edited by lucid; 08-16-2008 at 02:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 06:48 AM   #136
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Many of our disagreements stem from fairly drastically different world views.

Mine is based on and heavily influenced by science - math, physics, engineering, combined with my love of cars. Everything is a variable, everything can change and any value is possible (maybe not to build but to consider). Your is very practical and experiential. You are the classic gearhead gifted with significant understanding beyond most. Basic disagreements like gearing does or does not matter depends strongly on if you are looking at the physics or at actual sporty production vehicles. Surely in terms of equations and engineering gearing makes a huge difference. Mis gear a car, on purpose or on accident, very far away from its optimal gearing and its performance will suffer tremendously. We don't have to worry much about that with real cars because it doesn't often happen or at least not in a really significant fashion. Other disagreements between us are based on similar differences in the way we see things. Your experience and clarity are in general excellent and I always enjoy reading you posts. As well I have learned a thing or two from you. I can only hope that is somewhat reciprocated. Cheers.
I believe Holmes and Moriarty were each the better for having tangled with the other, don't you?

On second thought, that seems like a reach. How about Dudley DoRight and Snidely Whiplash?

Bruce

PS - Was "Snidely Whiplash" the all time high water mark for villainous names, or what?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #137
c32used
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2002 MB C32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
Saw a c63 for the first time in person yesterday, never thought I would see one in this neck of the woods. Found it very blah to look at and really did not like the interior but those are some sweet seats and it has one hell of a rumble to it. Still happy with my choice of the M over the C63 AMG. I still needed the three peddles, maybe when I cave to these "not real automatic" cars I will drive with the rest of the push the peddle and hold on to the steering wheel crowd. Till then 6MT FTW! (sorry for the MT push, I am sure I will grow out of it as I get older, haha)
Not here to bash but have to say an answer such as yours is expected..."blah" to look at huh? Well to each his own but I definitely don't consider it to look "blah"...neither do I feel the look of the M is "blah" but I can say it definetly looks far less aggressive then the C63. Sorry board just feel the C63 and the E90 M3 are very nice cars and eveyone has their own choices but I wanted to say lets all treat each car with the respect they deserve.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 02:03 AM   #138
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
I believe Holmes and Moriarty were each the better for having tangled with the other, don't you?

On second thought, that seems like a reach. How about Dudley DoRight and Snidely Whiplash?
Sure, we're on the same page here. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #139
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
C63 "360 degree" videos

Total marketing fluff

http://www.amg-360.com/

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450