BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

09-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #45
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
Will you lose power under these conditions? sure but how much will vary depending on the conditions and fuel quality. The lowest HP numbers I have seen on our VT1 cars here in 100+ deg weather and humidity is around 440-450 whp. These same cars make about 465-475 whp in ideal conditions so your only consideration is if you are ok with power under worst case scenario.
agreed, of course, these conditions WILL deteriorate performance no matter what type of engine or setup you have.

Again, my concern wasn't really "how much power will I lose", but rather, overheat concerns in the system in general. I know there has been many threads of people running the kit in the heat and at the track in the middle of summer, but there have been several folks who have mentioned that even in DD the temps seem to run very HOT, and this is a concern for me

Quote:
If you are concerned about it and you feel you need more power you can always go the VT2 route and run our air / water cooling system which will help the car make some additional power in these conditions.
aren't the VT2's all intercooled? The whole reason for going with the VT535, as mentioned, was to avoid doing more surgery to the car (intercoolers, extra piping, etc) for a quicker removal/reinstall if needed to take to the dealer or if I want to sell the car.

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #46
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo
Quote:
Will you lose power under these conditions? sure but how much will vary depending on the conditions and fuel quality. The lowest HP numbers I have seen on our VT1 cars here in 100+ deg weather and humidity is around 440-450 whp. These same cars make about 465-475 whp in ideal conditions so your only consideration is if you are ok with power under worst case scenario.
agreed, of course, these conditions WILL deteriorate performance no matter what type of engine or setup you have.

Again, my concern wasn't really "how much power will I lose", but rather, overheat concerns in the system in general. I know there has been many threads of people running the kit in the heat and at the track in the middle of summer, but there have been several folks who have mentioned that even in DD the temps seem to run very HOT, and this is a concern for me

Quote:
If you are concerned about it and you feel you need more power you can always go the VT2 route and run our air / water cooling system which will help the car make some additional power in these conditions.
aren't the VT2's all intercooled? The whole reason for going with the VT535, as mentioned, was to avoid doing more surgery to the car (intercoolers, extra piping, etc) for a quicker removal/reinstall if needed to take to the dealer or if I want to sell the car.
All of our VT2 kits are intercooled. As I have stated in this thread and many times in the past, I have not received any feedback from customers informing us they have had issues running the VT1 in any climate and we have sold a very high volume of these kits over the years.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #47
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
All of our VT2 kits are intercooled. As I have stated in this thread and many times in the past, I have not received any feedback from customers informing us they have had issues running the VT1 in any climate and we have sold a very high volume of these kits over the years.
very well.. I'll call you on the phone and get some more discussions. If all looks good, I'll be ordering one soon.

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #48
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
There were a few ESS kits (VT1 & VT2) running at MFest on the track in 107F heat. Even with that kind of abuse, they were definitely keeping up throughout the day.

ssabripo: The VT1-535 is a good entry level kit or for those that will see limited track use. Definitely go with the VT2 series if looking to push your M3 through extended track sessions or simply want better control over heat.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #49
bubu
Bunny Slayer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT (2013)

...you wont regret picking up a VT1 kit.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #50
prodigymb
Captain
Rep
Drives: V10+ R8, 997TT, Plaid, G550

you will not regret a VT1 kit. its best bang for the buck without a doubt as far as any mods go for a E92 M. if you are a power junkie you will eventually have the bigger setup, having options is always nice.
Appreciate 0