BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M3 2010 Sedan

I Finally Did It

After a couple of years of trying to talk myself out of it, I finally bought an M3 sedan today

Space Gray, on Fox Red interior. This seemed to be a popular color on that other thread and I happen to like it the best.

2010, paid 1000k over invoice but probably left some $ on the table, so that is something for that other thread about what 2010's are going for.

But who cares.....if you are scrounging at this stage of the game you should reevaluate what you are buying. They gave me an insane deal on my G37...basically the top price on KBB for excellent condition. I couldn't believe it.

I have never been so paranoid driving a car in my life as I was on the way home this evening in the Houston traffic. I declined the tire/windshield/ding coverage and I just knew all of that was gonna happen. I will probably pick at least the tire insurance up later....

I really appreciate this forum, and all the info from all of you. I'm looking forward to hanging out here.

So, I guess this is where the fun begins. It's very cloudy today so I will post pix later. Take care.

Chris

Last edited by JCE; 04-19-2010 at 06:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
sikoskul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 M2

Gratz! I love that new car paranoia, its such a rare feeling. Welcome and enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikoskul View Post
Gratz! I love that new car paranoia, its such a rare feeling. Welcome and enjoy.
Funny thing is some douche in a Dodge Charger wanted some of me on the way home.

Is patience a virtue?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

I was the same way BUT after about 100 miles I started to RIP it a little. This was my face on the way back --->
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep

That was not my face. I needed a beer in the worse way.

I probably could've left that clown keeping it below 5500 and it was tempting, but I didn't know the specs on those cars and I didn't want him bragging to his redneck buddies later.

It was at least 3-4 years old. The 2009 Chargers have max 425hp, so I am sure it was less than that. I know that now.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep

True...my trip back was about 300 miles so I got pretty comfortable with the car as I drove.

And I'm sure you'll get more challenges from all kinda of cars, for some reason people always wanna get smoked.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #7
JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
True...my trip back was about 300 miles so I got pretty comfortable with the car as I drove.

And I'm sure you'll get more challenges from all kinda of cars, for some reason people always wanna get smoked.
It wasn't that I wasn't "comfortable".

Right when I left the dealership somebody had put some asphalt into a driveway. Of course I ended of going thru the residue of that and had to listen to all that hitting my fenderwell. It was withing 100 feet of the dealer.

Then, I'm going 75 in the traffic in the left hand lane passing bumper to bumper and I look in my rearview mirror and there is a cop on the inside shoulder hauling a$$ passing everbody. Rocks etc. where flying everywhere behind that cop car. He must've been going 90...why he didn't have his lights on, in the left hand lane, is lost on me. I've never seen anything like that before in my life. Crap was roostertailing off the back of that car.

So, I dive to the middle lane and then again to the right trying to avoid the rock wake. Thankfully nothing hit me.

Now do you know why I needed a beer?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
BCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Congrats! What dealer?

And I'd pass on the dealer's wheel/tire coverage unless you are the sort of person who is bad at avoiding road hazards and such. It won't cover a damaged wheel unless the tire won't hold air (ask me how I know). If you just want coverage for your tires, I'm pretty sure that places like Discount and NTB will sell you that for pretty cheap if you just drop by there.

Now, windshield: if you are on Houston freeways regularly, you'll probably end up needing a replacement at some point. Luckily with my commute now, I don't have to get on the freeway. But a few years ago I did, and I have had multiple BMW windshields replaced.

Past BMWs: 2015 M3, 2014 550i, 2013 M3 ZCP, 2012 535i, 2011 E90 335i, 2009 E90 M3, 2008 X5, 2006 330i, 2004 330i
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05 range rover vogue SE

love the season change, the new cars are coming out and the roads and temp is getting ready for the summer.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #10
JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCA View Post
Congrats! What dealer?

And I'd pass on the dealer's wheel/tire coverage unless you are the sort of person who is bad at avoiding road hazards and such. It won't cover a damaged wheel unless the tire won't hold air (ask me how I know). If you just want coverage for your tires, I'm pretty sure that places like Discount and NTB will sell you that for pretty cheap if you just drop by there.

Now, windshield: if you are on Houston freeways regularly, you'll probably end up needing a replacement at some point. Luckily with my commute now, I don't have to get on the freeway. But a few years ago I did, and I have had multiple BMW windshields replaced.
It was Advantage downtown. I think the only have a convertible left. Mine is already off the website.....

Yeah, I declined the tire/wheel because I think I have had 3 flats in over 25 years of driving, and have never torn up a rim. I assume you "curbed" a rim? You should've made sure it wouldn't hold air when you took it back lol.

I appreciate the advice......I probably will go back by and take the windshield coverage.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #11
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCE View Post

Right when I left the dealership somebody had put some asphalt into a driveway. Of course I ended of going thru the residue of that and had to listen to all that hitting my fenderwell. It was withing 100 feet of the dealer.

Then, I'm going 75 in the traffic in the left hand lane passing bumper to bumper and I look in my rearview mirror and there is a cop on the inside shoulder hauling a$$ passing everbody. Rocks etc. where flying everywhere behind that cop car. He must've been going 90...why he didn't have his lights on, in the left hand lane, is lost on me. I've never seen anything like that before in my life. Crap was roostertailing off the back of that car.

So, I dive to the middle lane and then again to the right trying to avoid the rock wake. Thankfully nothing hit me.

Oh yea...I just had to deal with a little rain. I could see how those things could get a little upset...you're not driving a normal car anymore
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep

Don't you guys get a free windshield replacement annually in TX? I know in FL you are allowed one free replacement per state law.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #13
BCA
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
It was Advantage downtown. I think the only have a convertible left. Mine is already off the website.....

Yeah, I declined the tire/wheel because I think I have had 3 flats in over 25 years of driving, and have never torn up a rim. I assume you "curbed" a rim? You should've made sure it wouldn't hold air when you took it back lol.

I appreciate the advice......I probably will go back by and take the windshield coverage.
No, I didn't curb a rim. But I got the wheel/tire coverage on my old 330 and thought I had bent a rim one time. When I asked about it, I was told it didn't matter anyway because the policy wouldn't cover it if it was bent because it clearly held air. Shoulda read the fine print. I now think those policies really aren't ever worth it as long as you're a generally careful driver.

I don't know anything about the windshield coverage. Probably not worth it if it's any significant cost because if you happen to need a windshield you can just pay out of pocket or file on your normal insurance policy. I've done both. Dealer clearly wants to sell you that because it's profitable to them...remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
Don't you guys get a free windshield replacement annually in TX? I know in FL you are allowed one free replacement per state law.
Hell no! That's a cool Florida law...never heard of anything like that.

Past BMWs: 2015 M3, 2014 550i, 2013 M3 ZCP, 2012 535i, 2011 E90 335i, 2009 E90 M3, 2008 X5, 2006 330i, 2004 330i
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #14
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Many congrats on buying an M3 Sedan, Chris!

Btw, I wanna welcome a fellow Texan, as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #15
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Way to go!
      04-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #16
FrenchBoy
Lieutenant Colonel
France
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3

Great color combo choice ;-)

Current: 2016 F80 M3 6-Speed | SO | AB XT1 | ZCP | M Performance Suspension | GC Camber Plates
Previous: 2009 E90 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 12:11 AM   #17
EJ_92606
Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 550i; '11 R1200GS

Quote:

I know the feeling..everytime I get a new car crap and idiots are attracted to it like magnets...junk cars parking next to you...trucks kicking up debris...kids playing catch in the street near the car, etc. etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #18
Benjjman007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50iMSport & MP4-12C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
I know the feeling..everytime I get a new car crap and idiots are attracted to it like magnets...junk cars parking next to you...trucks kicking up debris...kids playing catch in the street near the car, etc. etc.
How about this a$$hole who was outside my building smoking a cig, LEANING ON MY CAR!

I hate having to do the "car sawp" to save your coveted street parking space on a non-permit side of the street.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 01:26 AM   #19
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'm pretty positive that Florida isn't the only state that has something like that.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 05:11 AM   #20
JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I don't know anything about the windshield coverage. Probably not worth it if it's any significant cost because if you happen to need a windshield you can just pay out of pocket or file on your normal insurance policy. I've done both. Dealer clearly wants to sell you that because it's profitable to them...remember that.
Yeah, I never get extended warranty on anything. Odds are I will never need it...if odds were that I would then the dealer or whoever would not be offering it. I got an onboard charger for my boat the other day for $80, and when I checked out they asked if I wanted an extended warranty for $30 I think. I wonder if anybody is actually stupid enough to buy that????

I need to look into replacement costs, what my insurance pays, etc. I think the cost was like $700. I know this goes against my first paragraph above; this car just has me screwed up right now. I'm sure I will come to my senses soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 06:46 AM   #21
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
No, I didn't curb a rim. But I got the wheel/tire coverage on my old 330 and thought I had bent a rim one time. When I asked about it, I was told it didn't matter anyway because the policy wouldn't cover it if it was bent because it clearly held air. Shoulda read the fine print. I now think those policies really aren't ever worth it as long as you're a generally careful driver.

OP Congrats on the car, and if you saw the amount of debris the Tractor Trailers throw on Florida Highways, you'd understand the need for such a law. I've only taken advantage of it once when a huge crack developed.
      04-20-2010, 07:20 AM   #22
JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
OP Congrats on the car, and if you saw the amount of debris the Tractor Trailers throw on Florida Highways, you'd understand the need for such a law. I've only taken advantage of it once when a huge crack developed.
You know, I think I have heard of this before in Tx but don't remember the details.

I assume free means insurance is reqd. to replace it with 0 deductable, by law?
Appreciate 0