BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #23
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
thats weird. i have started my car with the door open and seatbelt unbuckled many times and i dont get the 'no key' warning.
Same here man. The chime sounds AFTER you close the door without being buckled up; did you do that? If not, can you please try it and let me know? Remember: start car, close door, then buckle up, and let me know what happens. The reason I suspect it's a programming glitch is because car starts, meaning key is obviously detected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
anyway, i am going to disable the seatbelt arm today. we'll see if i get any warnings after disabling it. i'll report back later
Thanks buddy, but I'm positive that fuse has nothing to do with CA and 'no key' warning. Am pretty sure of having those issues before disabling the arm, but yes, please confirm your findings .

I did 2 things at around the same time before I noticed that odd CA behavior: 3M regular tint, putting key in right pocket (close to cell phone) after boarding car, but before closing door and buckling up. I can't imagine tint causing problems INSIDE the car, no? Outside I can lock and unlock car with CA just like before. Everything points out to cell phone interference if Montreal Red confirms no key warning if closing door before buckling up. Anxious to hear about that. Thanks again man.
Appreciate 0