BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Is it Considered New or Used when Pricing a Demo?

Hey guys - new member here, and have just begun shopping for my E92 M3. I'm just trying to get a handle on my local market and debating on new vs used vs demo etc.

I found a Jet Black '10 optioned pretty close to what I want at a local BMW dealer with 2000 kms / 1250 miles (GM's demo car) I'll be getting a price from the dealer tomorrow and was wondering what percentage discount should I expect for a car with this much use, but is still considered new as it's not been titled yet? In my mind, this is a used car due to the mileage.

My last car was a demo as well and got a great deal this way. Saved $$ and also benefited from a late in service date which extended the warranty period nicely.

What do you think is a fair discount for this no longer shiny new M3 ?

Thanks for any insight anyone can offer.

Last edited by Meff; 03-15-2010 at 11:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
my car was a "demo".. when i bought that they tried to sell the car off as a "new" car... i of course right away objected and told them," no matter what you say, that car has been driven, by a number of people( mine had 1480 miles on the clock)... we ended up getting 5500 knocked off the sticker.
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
EAS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: VF620 M3

I wouldn't want to be paying for a "brand new" car that has been driven by numerous people, so it shouldn't be priced the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

I bought my car with 800 miles on the clock and it was sold as a used car. Do not pay new prices for
a car with anything more than a couple of hundred miles on it.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Fully expecting a discount for the car, just a matter of how much. Would certainly not pay new car $$ with miles on it.

The best I can determine, the car's original MSRP is 9% over dealer invoice so I'm doing the math on an offer at or around dealer invoice, minus whatever reduction I can get due to the demo miles.

I'm thinking another 5-6% discount would be a good. That would be about 15% off MSRP

Also thinking of making any offer contingent on an ECU check to be sure the break in period was followed ? Has anyone asked for this from a dealer? Maybe another dealer should due the checking?

I'm just not the most trusting guy when it comes to dealer saying whether or not the boss drove the piss out of his demo car or not.

Thx
Appreciate 0