BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

11-05-2009, 02:11 AM   #617
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBspeed View Post
Honestly, i think we will see the 4.4 sooner rather than later if BMW knows what is good for them. Sure they could bump the 4.0 a few hp, but it would still leave the M3 trailing the RS5 and C63 not only in horsepower but maybe more importantly the serious torque increase the 4.4 offers. The longer they wait, the more sales they potentially lose to Audi and Mercedes.
kind of a pickle bmw is in right now, if they go 4.4 liter for regular m3 in the 2011 year it's gonna piss off a lot of current owners in the loyalty factor but if they dont do anything, sales will hurt due to the RS5.

audi is seriously making a charge, every competitor is coming up FAST.

m division prob should have gone with a 4.2 from the get go
      11-05-2009, 02:15 AM   #618
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
kind of a pickle bmw is in right now, if they go 4.4 liter for regular m3 in the 2011 year it's gonna piss off a lot of current owners in the loyalty factor but if they dont do anything, sales will hurt due to the RS5.

Exactly. I totally feel the 4.0 was a rushed motor and they just needed more time to perfect the 4.4. The 4.0 was a lazy stop gap solution. Just a chop of the V10 motor.

Then again, I bet a lot of owners of existing 4.0 cars will be trading up, equating to even more sales. I know I would in a second.
      11-05-2009, 02:26 AM   #619
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

We can all hope BMW NA gives the U.S. a competition package! with alot of the goodies this car received Rims, tires suspension front splitter and a rear wing delete option. Obviously this Euro M3 GTS would not pass D.O.T. standards
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 02:58 AM   #620
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
I wonder how this will compare to the R8v10 GT. I know even at it's huge price it will still be well short of what Audi will be asking for it's semi-pro racer.

Rumour has it that this car will be challenging the times of not only the GTR, ZR1 but the ACR as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 03:30 AM   #621
MP
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

I actually think that this price is not so bad...

My M3 cost around 81 000 EUR, and at the time EUR/USD was trading above 1.5500.... (which puts it at 125 000 USD!!). Yes thats the price in Germany..

115 000 EUR is roughly 40% more.

It is a lot of money..... but I think the car looks amazing and will be quite rare!!

Personally I would take it over Gt3 (well speced MkII is close to 130 000 EUR here) and Gt-R.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 03:35 AM   #622
Jangobipbip
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 Schirmer GT

wonder when we'll can order here, in France or Germany??...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 04:16 AM   #623
MP
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Based on www.m-power.com second half of 2010.
I better start saving now
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 06:18 AM   #624
Jangobipbip
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 Schirmer GT

i want one, if you know where i can order, please let me know!!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 06:30 AM   #625
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 MR M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post

It's kinda like the I-drive upgrade they decided to do for the 2009 models. If you want to be the first to own their cars, then you have to be willing to accept the upgrades they do to the same model midway through it's lifecycle. Everyone wants to be the first to own something and then get pissed when their car is suddenly obsolete to the same model.

I do agree however. The 4.4 is the engine that should've been in the car. The fact that so many owners here are complaining shows how underwelmed they are with their M3. Hindsight is 20/20, but you could see this coming. Yes, the M3 is more than straight-line performance, but getting destroyed by C63's and IS-F's that nearly match it makes this upgrade necessary. Not to mention the RS5 which will soon be here and the need to survive the next few years before the V6TT comes out.

This isn't 2002 and the M3 isn't head over heals better than every car out there. The competition has finally caught up in a big way and BMW needs to do something. I will never fault them for doing whatever they need to do to stay on top.

4.4l V8 with DCT and a few weight saving mods takes this car to another level.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 06:38 AM   #626
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBspeed View Post
Honestly, i think we will see the 4.4 sooner rather than later if BMW knows what is good for them. Sure they could bump the 4.0 a few hp, but it would still leave the M3 trailing the RS5 and C63 not only in horsepower but maybe more importantly the serious torque increase the 4.4 offers. The longer they wait, the more sales they potentially lose to Audi and Mercedes.
Exactly
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #627
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

man this puts me in a very tough situation, i want an M3 in the next 6 months but somehow I just know a better m3 is just out on the horizon
      11-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #628
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCadet View Post
..... but getting destroyed by C63's and IS-F's.....
When did this thing happened? Was I in a coma that I didn't catch the latest reviews?

The new M3 GTS is really a great upgrade for the normal M3 but with a huge price attached to it. But IMHO, only a select few can afford this car. Even the current M3 can be seldom seen roaming around. Heck even the N GTR is rare around this corner of the world and that is even cheaper than the new GTS.

Unless the stock market triple in value or get a huge bonus, then I will just hope that the upgraded parts will be available for our future parts upgrade. At least in my case, it will make my car like new every time I'll put new upgraded parts.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #629
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Getting destroyed? What are you talking about? A properly driven (6 speed manual) M3 wrecks the IS-F in a straight line. It should atleast be a driver's race in a straight line. I have seen it on the local drag strip (race city) on several runs where the M-DCT M3 bested the IS-F by 0.2 - 0.3 seconds every single time of 7 runs. M-DCT is much easier since it has launch control for perfect launches. M3 makes equal power and is 220 lbs lighter and has a much better top end power than IS-F.

A C63 is faster in a straight line than the M3, but DLSJ5's bolt-on 390 wheel HP M3 walks away from stock C63 like it was at a standstill and is only matched by bolt-on C63s.

If you want to look at a drag race, I suggest you look at "Top Gear" drag race of M3 with IS-F and you will see for yourself. There is another video on youtube of 0 - 280 KM/H between M3 and IS-F where the M3 won by 2 car lengths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCadet View Post
Yes, the M3 is more than straight-line performance, but getting destroyed by C63's and IS-F's that nearly match it makes this upgrade necessary. .

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #630
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeram View Post
When did this thing happened? Was I in a coma that I didn't catch the latest reviews?

The new M3 GTS is really a great upgrade for the normal M3 but with a huge price attached to it. But IMHO, only a select few can afford this car. Even the current M3 can be seldom seen roaming around. Heck even the N GTR is rare around this corner of the world and that is even cheaper than the new GTS.

Unless the stock market triple in value or get a huge bonus, then
I will just hope that the upgraded parts will be available for our future parts upgrade. At least in my case, it will make my car like new every time I'll put new upgraded parts.
Sorry to have to tell you this...but you'll have to sell your first born child in order to by these parts on the 'black market' that will eventually emerge.

For example, the modified RECARO Profi SPG racing seats will set you back ~ $5,000 euros EACH. That's ~ $7450 in US currency.

And unlike the retail price of the car...that parts cost WILL translate directly from Euros to US dollars.
      11-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #631
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post
Sorry to have to tell you this...but you'll have to sell your first born child in order to by these parts on the 'black market' that will eventually emerge.

For example, the modified RECARO Profi SPG racing seats will set you back ~ $5,000 euros EACH. That's ~ $7450 in US currency.

And unlike the retail price of the car...that parts cost WILL translate directly from Euros to US dollars.
Any taker....
Maybe I will start with the GTS emblem and start from there.

I can always wish that I can get the GTS but as soon as I drive my M3 out, then every thing will come into place. I am just happy that I can afford this car.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #632
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Getting destroyed? What are you talking about? A properly driven (6 speed manual) M3 wrecks the IS-F in a straight line. It should atleast be a driver's race in a straight line. I have seen it on the local drag strip (race city) on several runs where the M-DCT M3 bested the IS-F by 0.2 - 0.3 seconds every single time of 7 runs. M-DCT is much easier since it has launch control for perfect launches. M3 makes equal power and is 220 lbs lighter and has a much better top end power than IS-F.

A C63 is faster in a straight line than the M3, but DLSJ5's bolt-on 390 wheel HP M3 walks away from stock C63 like it was at a standstill and is only matched by bolt-on C63s.

If you want to look at a drag race, I suggest you look at "Top Gear" drag race of M3 with IS-F and you will see for yourself. There is another video on youtube of 0 - 280 KM/H between M3 and IS-F where the M3 won by 2 car lengths.
+1

Not sure were this guy got the info from. The IS-F does not destroy the M3 in any category.

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #633
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Looks like this is the last M3 with V8 natural aspirated power to the max. I guess the new M3 will be a TwinTurbo!!!!!

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #634
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Reading is fundamental. No one's talking about twisties, of course the M3 wins.

First, only fools compare modded to stock. Stock for stock, what happens to an M3 when racing a C63 in a straightline race? Around 4 car lengths in not worse if the race was all the way to the limiter. I realize there's a lack of respect on this sight for any car thats not a M3, but don't kid yourself. Since you wanted to bring up that Top Gear episode, here you go:

NOW, lets compared DLSJ5's M3 with full bolt-ons to a C63 with just a flash:

Finally, lets compared DLSJ5's M3 with full bolt-ons to a C63 with full bolt-ons:

Top Gears comparo with the IS-F, remember I said that the IS-F nearly matches the M3 in a drag race:

I've read some of your posts, and you really love to talk out of your ass.

Awaiting your response...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #635
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
+1

Not sure were this guy got the info from. The IS-F does not destroy the M3 in any category.

-SZ
Hard for you to read as well? Try again.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #636
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeram View Post

Unless the stock market triple in value or get a huge bonus, then I will just hope that the upgraded parts will be available for our future parts upgrade. At least in my case, it will make my car like new every time I'll put new upgraded parts.
"...getting destroyed by C63's and IS-F's that nearly match it"
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #637
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Some fresh new info.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...NEWS/311059998
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #638
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:

Please don't turn this into another 'who has the biggest dick' contest. We have had enough of those lately and I doubt we need another. Especially when we turn the debate to tuned cars and not the way they came out of the factory. Youtube videos are what they are, simply entertainment because with every video you show as proof one way someone else will provide another to counter than claim.

Bottom line is that the C63 is quickest and will retain this position with the option of the 'factory' supplied performance package. After that it is debatable as to whether the IS-F or M3 is the quickest, frankly I couldn't give a toss which it was. The M3 is king of the corners and I doubt either of these two will change that opinion, even with their inclusion of LSD and other goodies. The only real threat to the M3 will come when the RS5 is launched and even this is debatable because while I have no doubt it will be quicker in every way I do not think it will be as exciting to drive if that is the most important thing to you. So there will always be a place in the market for an M3, even if it's a little slower, think of it as a Cayman among other quicker rivals.
Appreciate 0