BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

05-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #23
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
It is installed correctly. The installation isn't a fail, the diffuser itself is.
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #24
isabayo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50i M Sport

I just tried installing the type 1 diffuser and the fitment is not even close... It looks like they just looked at the picture of the rear bumper and fabbed a diffuser that looked like it would fit. None of the screw holes line up and the whole thing needs to be bent and twisted in a way that makes arms sore and I weight train 3-4 times a week. I don't even know how i'm going to install it. It's a POS

Last edited by isabayo; 11-07-2009 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #25
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by day1yun View Post
I just tried installing the type 1 diffuser and the fitment is not even close... It looks like they just looked at the picture of the rear bumper and fabbed a diffuser that looks like it would fit. None of the screw holes line and the whole thing needs to be bent and twisted in a way that my arms sore and I weight train 3-4 times a week. I don't even know how i'm going to install it. It's a POS
send him a PM and take pics of the shitty fitment and ask for a refund. Don't take his offer to send a replacement either unless you want to get stuck with another POS rep.. That is what I did but it was still a hassle getting my money back. good luck..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #26
isabayo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoot3r View Post
send him a PM and take pics of the shitty fitment and ask for a refund. Don't take his offer to send a replacement either unless you want to get stuck with another POS rep.. That is what I did but it was still a hassle getting my money back. good luck..
Man I had some typos....

I am going to try the hydraulic jack thing and drill different holes into the tabs that stick out.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #27
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda3ndp View Post
any pics of the poor fitment?
Yeah...here's mine when I took it to my body shop for fitment. Thankfully they did not touch it and showed me where the flaws were when I went for pickup. You can see the multiple gaps where the body shop CF guy showed me where the defects were. He wouldn't touch it as he said it would show post install even after bonding it in such a manner that you'd see it on the CF weave which was okay IF I wanted to paint it but would defeat the whole 1x1 weave purpose! So back it went!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoot3r View Post
I returned mine to Adamaster and got a refund in full. No problem. So he does stand by his product guys. I had to show him pics 1st and insist that he reimburse me for shipping back to Taiwan which was $$$. But don't bash him too hard since he does seem amenable to fixes/refunds. Maybe the front lips work better as I haven't heard anyone complain yet about their installs from him. But rear diffusers...don't know about that one. I guess you've got to remember that you do get what you pay for!
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2009, 05:15 AM   #28
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
^ Mine looked just like that. What a POS...

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #29
humran
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
^ Mine looked just like that. What a POS...
and mine still got in on