BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-12-2023, 10:58 AM   #45
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
What did Meghan do that was so bad that got people hating on her?
Apparently for standing up for herself and her family/husband plus wanting to live a different way not based on weird archaic rules.
Appreciate 2
BMW F223565.50
      01-16-2023, 07:43 PM   #46
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Netflix series provides a lot of back story.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 01:43 AM   #47
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

If prince Harry's wife got Clarkson canceled… I will hold that against them.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 05:06 AM   #48
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Seems like a genuine guy caught up in a family of fakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 08:52 AM   #49
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

When they started out and said 'we're out of here', I thought good for them. Nothing at all wrong with wanting to live as normal people. Some resented them for that move, which baffled me. BUT, after more or less saying we want to live a normal private life they began to splash themselves about to get attention (and probably $$). I can't decide if they are more money grubbing or attention seeking but either way....
cmyx6go15762.50
      01-17-2023, 09:10 AM   #50
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

They've created quite the empire by airing dirty laundry, seems strange to me since they didn't like the press coverage and all the perks of being a Royal. Harry went from being the most popular Royal to below Andrew rather quickly.
      01-17-2023, 09:15 AM   #51
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

This is something that should get almost 0 attention and the monarchy shouldn't really exist in my opinion but here is my synopsis of the situation-

Meghan marries into the Monarchy. The monarchy has some strict rules and ways of living and there are certain responsibilities associated with her role. She doesn't really like that because in essence she wanted to live the Instagram lifestyle without any of the duties.

This angered the family and a huge back and forth shit show started. Meghan probably got so cut off that she said, it's either them or me Harry... in the end he decided, it will be her.

This created a huge rift in the family and created a media shit show... and here we are. Meghan and Harry run off to the US and live an instgram media lifestyle that's fed to some morons addicted to tabloids... almost picture perfect except the royal family hating me part.
      01-17-2023, 09:17 AM   #52
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Apparently for standing up for herself and her family/husband plus wanting to live a different way not based on weird archaic rules.
sorry, are you saying she wasn't aware of the duties / responsibilities of being a royal when marrying in?

read my comment above
      01-17-2023, 09:24 AM   #53
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
sorry, are you saying she wasn't aware of the duties / responsibilities of being a royal when marrying in?

read my comment above
I really don’t care. People are people and make imperfect decisions, she (or he) certainly aren’t the first or last ones to get into a marriage and it isn’t what they thought it would be for whatever reason. Does that mean she should get constant hate from almost an entire nation and a large part of the worldwide press (and a car forum now)? I don’t think so, I don’t think she is that big of a villain even if she is in the wrong.

Edit: Sorry, just actually read your above comment a few times and got it, more coffee needed.

Last edited by minn19; 01-17-2023 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13538.50
      01-17-2023, 09:32 AM   #54
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I really don’t care. People are people and make imperfect decisions, she (or he) certainly aren’t the first or last ones to get into a marriage and it isn’t what they thought it would be for whatever reason. Does that mean she should get constant hate from almost an entire nation and a large part of the worldwide press (and a car forum now)? I don’t think so, I don’t think she is that big of a villain even if she is in the wrong.
Look for whatever reason... right or wrong... she is sadly the one that caused all this... i.e. a major rift in a very public and influential family. If she never came into the picture, all the dirty laundry would not have been aired out. Some of this cannot be forgotten because of how profile this family is. I can see how the Queen was sincerely pissed by all this.

Maybe Meghan had this impression that the royal family operated like any high profile American family... i.e the Kardashians... she learned quick, it's not like that and this is not a TMZ read and forget story.
gjm1202183.00
      01-17-2023, 09:34 AM   #55
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
They've created quite the empire by airing dirty laundry, seems strange to me since they didn't like the press coverage and all the perks of being a Royal. Harry went from being the most popular Royal to below Andrew rather quickly.
Which says more about the people that like Andrew over Harry than it says about Harry. Holy crap that guy was a creepy old guy and probably should be in prison.
Appreciate 1
tcphoto3537.00
      01-17-2023, 09:38 AM   #56
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Look for whatever reason... right or wrong... she is sadly the one that caused all this... i.e. a major rift in a very public and influential family. If she never came into the picture, all the dirty laundry would not have been aired out. Some of this cannot be forgotten because of how profile this family is. I can see how the Queen was sincerely pissed by all this.

Maybe Meghan had this impression that the royal family operated like any high profile American family... i.e the Kardashians... she learned quick, it's not like that and this is not a TMZ read and forget story.
I really don’t know how you or anyone can say this. Nobody really knows the true story of what went down. It’s pretty clear Harry has been pissed at his Dad and a lot of the other Royals/people in his family over how they mistreated (to put it lightly) his Mom. His brother (Willie? ) and his wife played the game to get the spoils. Harry never seemed totally into that game and when they went after his wife he had enough.

Nobody is really clean in it it sounds like. It is one giant dysfunctional family with a ton of money airing out in public. For some reason people love it. Probably because it distracts them from their dysfunctional families.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 10:10 AM   #57
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I really don’t know how you or anyone can say this. Nobody really knows the true story of what went down. It’s pretty clear Harry has been pissed at his Dad and a lot of the other Royals/people in his family over how they mistreated (to put it lightly) his Mom. His brother (Willie? ) and his wife played the game to get the spoils. Harry never seemed totally into that game and when they went after his wife he had enough.

Nobody is really clean in it it sounds like. It is one giant dysfunctional family with a ton of money airing out in public. For some reason people love it. Probably because it distracts them from their dysfunctional families.
Like you said... every family is dysfunctional... we just never heard of all this until Meghan came about. Andrew, yea that guy is a sicko.

But.... are you aware of Meghans relationship w her own dad? As in, he almost didnt come to the wedding lol?
      01-17-2023, 10:36 AM   #58
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Like you said... every family is dysfunctional... we just never heard of all this until Meghan came about. Andrew, yea that guy is a sicko.

But.... are you aware of Meghans relationship w her own dad? As in, he almost didnt come to the wedding lol?
We never heard of them being dysfunctional, huh? We’ve never stopped hearing of them being dysfunctional since these two brothers were kids etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2023, 10:51 AM   #59
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
We never heard of them being dysfunctional, huh? We’ve never stopped hearing of them being dysfunctional since these two brothers were kids etc.
You've not so neatly sidestepped the question by focusing on Harry and William. No doubt they're dysfunctional - look at what they are raised in, but to his credit, I really haven't heard too much about William. Harry had a fair bit of newstime, probably figured he could act out as would almost never be called to be King, so yeah, there were stories about him, and I doubt many would dispute he is dysfunctional at least to some degree.

But going back to the original question posited - what about Meghan? What you have there is an individual who is:
1. A divorcee (right there, there has to be a flag to consider - it may be nothing because some divorces are truly one party's fault, but most often I'd say there is a joint fault to acknowledge)

2. Someone who has at best a strained relationship with some family members. Another flag.

3. Quite a number of news articles coming out about her time in the Firm and how she acted. Are they all accurate? Probably not. But can 100% of them be truly ignored? I doubt that as well.

IMO Harry seems to be chasing the pussy and its going to lead him down a deep dark hole, pun intended. But it is one from which he is not easily going to surface. And I place at least half the blame at Meghan's feet for this. It isn't as though she didn't know what she might be getting into by marrying in to the royal family. I figure it is typical brash American attitude on her end. Turns out it met a wall and they didn't change the way she wanted.

Oh well, can't say I care much about them, or the Royals for that matter.
Appreciate 2
ASAP10162.50
      01-17-2023, 10:54 AM   #60
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
You've not so neatly sidestepped the question by focusing on Harry and William. No doubt they're dysfunctional - look at what they are raised in, but to his credit, I really haven't heard too much about William. Harry had a fair bit of newstime, probably figured he could act out as would almost never be called to be King, so yeah, there were stories about him, and I doubt many would dispute he is dysfunctional at least to some degree.

But going back to the original question posited - what about Meghan? What you have there is an individual who is:
1. A divorcee (right there, there has to be a flag to consider - it may be nothing because some divorces are truly one party's fault, but most often I'd say there is a joint fault to acknowledge)

2. Someone who has at best a strained relationship with some family members. Another flag.

3. Quite a number of news articles coming out about her time in the Firm and how she acted. Are they all accurate? Probably not. But can 100% of them be truly ignored? I doubt that as well.

IMO Harry seems to be chasing the pussy and its going to lead him down a deep dark hole, pun intended. But it is one from which he is not easily going to surface. And I place at least half the blame at Meghan's feet for this. It isn't as though she didn't know what she might be getting into by marrying in to the royal family. I figure it is typical brash American attitude on her end. Turns out it met a wall and they didn't change the way she wanted.

Oh well, can't say I care much about them, or the Royals for that matter.
You guys are right, it’s all her and Harry’s mom before Meghan that were the problem. Them bitches!!! AmIdoingitright?
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13538.50
      01-17-2023, 11:52 AM   #61
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

At least Harry is talking about therapy, we can only wish him well and hope that he receives good advice. But he's got to implement that advice in order to move forward.
      01-17-2023, 01:04 PM   #62
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
You guys are right, it’s all her and Harry’s mom before Meghan that were the problem. Them bitches!!! AmIdoingitright?
Finally, you came around!

Seriously though, where did I say that? I certainly didn't mention Diana, and I specifically said I was laying half the blame, not the whole blame, at Meghan's feet. So where did I say it was all her fault?

I'm just unwilling to pretend that she has no fault in this whatsoever, which it sort of appears is the position you are trying to advance. Disagree if you like, but I see her as a party in which blame can be laid at their feet. Along with other parties. Harry being one of them.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2023, 01:58 PM   #63
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
This is something that should get almost 0 attention and the monarchy shouldn't really exist in my opinion but here is my synopsis of the situation-

Meghan marries into the Monarchy. The monarchy has some strict rules and ways of living and there are certain responsibilities associated with her role. She doesn't really like that because in essence she wanted to live the Instagram lifestyle without any of the duties.

This angered the family and a huge back and forth shit show started. Meghan probably got so cut off that she said, it's either them or me Harry... in the end he decided, it will be her.

This created a huge rift in the family and created a media shit show... and here we are. Meghan and Harry run off to the US and live an instgram media lifestyle that's fed to some morons addicted to tabloids... almost picture perfect except the royal family hating me part.
Probably accurate - agreed

Harry wanted out of the family and found that opportunity via Meghan - I'm sure Harry in a sense is using Meghan and I'm sure Meghan is using Harry - it's a thing of beauty.

Meghan saw an opportunity as did Harry - to have their own Kardashianesque show and throw the Royal Family under the bus. They are both equally complicit. But Harry is gonna find out he made the wrong decision and their marriage won't last. Meghan's profile will potentially be positively raised as a result of all it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10162.50