BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

06-04-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
erikgara
Private
Rep
Drives: silver 330ci

WTB: Question about a car in mind

I want to hear thoughts about a car I’m looking into potentially purchasing. It’s a 2005 silver Zcp edition with 59k miles. Seller’s lowest price is $19,500. The car has maintenance records and it’s had the subframe reinforced. He sent me a car fax and it shows minor to moderate damage reported in the right side rear end. Car looks great in pics. Does the minor accident affect the value of the car in the future?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Yes, absolutely. Most people buying E46s at this point are either OK with good enough or for top dollar are chipping back and forth the same few low mileage examples with the desirable specs.

You'd have to evaluate the condition of the car and then decide if you're buying it to enjoy or for future resale value. The accident definitely hurts you. Everyone will tell you there front end collusion was just a "rock chip" when it comes time to try to sell.

There was a great looking example on here for $16k but it also has some accident on the title and SMG for pricing comparison.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 06:40 PM   #3
erikgara
Private
Rep
Drives: silver 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
Yes, absolutely. Most people buying E46s at this point are either OK with good enough or for top dollar are chipping back and forth the same few low mileage examples with the desirable specs.

You'd have to evaluate the condition of the car and then decide if you're buying it to enjoy or for future resale value. The accident definitely hurts you. Everyone will tell you there front end collusion was just a "rock chip" when it comes time to try to sell.

There was a great looking example on here for $16k but it also has some accident on the title and SMG for pricing comparison.
Okay I see thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 0