BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-26-2009, 08:08 AM   #111
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Corsa exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
Is Corsa still in business?
http://www.corsaperf.com/

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #112
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionM3 View Post
Hello there,

I'm thinking about getting this exhaust to but have a couple of questions for you:

1) Do you have any regrets to this date?
2) Any special tools required to install the exhaust? (Welding, etc.)

Thanks,
FusionM3
Hello Fusion,

To answer your questions:

1. No , no regrets. The exhaust sounds great. Everyone that hears it loves the sounds. Not too loud inside.

2. Special tools. No All you need is wrenches and if you will install yourself (as I did) Ramps -to back the car onto and a floor jack to support the old exhaust while you unbolt it and lower. The install took me about 2 hours start to finish. The system bolts on just like the old system.

All in all a good exhaust, with a bonus of not having to sell one of your kidneys to finance the purchase.
11' BMW 1M
15' Mercedes GL 350 (wife's daily)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #113
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
I thought I heard or read somewhere that Corsa was declaring bankruptcy or going out of business. I just googled it and found nothing, so I guess not.
      01-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #114
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Hey Rovman, how would you describe the sound of the UUC exhaust? Would it be more of an American V8 sound or more of a European V8 sound?

I'm curious because this exhaust is priced right and best of all its bolt on.

I myself would like an exhaust that has a European V8 (Ferrari like) sound to it. Though I wish my M3 were actually a real Ferrari!
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #115
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Hey Rovman, how would you describe the sound of the UUC exhaust? Would it be more of an American V8 sound or more of a European V8 sound?

I'm curious because this exhaust is priced right and best of all its bolt on.

I myself would like an exhaust that has a European V8 (Ferrari like) sound to it. Though I wish my M3 were actually a real Ferrari!
Hello Morish,

I hear you, a Ferrari would be awesome but I would be afraid to park it anywhere other than my garage. :-)

I would say that it is somewhere in between the two (American/German) but leaning more toward the German side of sound.

I can also comment that from the time I have installed the exhaust to now (about 3500 acrued miles since install) , the tone has changed a bit. I think the sound that it has matured into is just perfect.

Also for an extra tid bit of info, I have read that people have mentioned a drone area at the 1700 to 1800 rpm range with aftermarket exhaust installs but I have observed a different rpm of very very slight drone. I noticed from long road trips that when the car is in 6 gear at Interstate speeds (circa 70 to 80 mph), with this exhaust you will hear a very very slight hint of drone permeating into the cabin. If you speed up it will disappear or if you slow down it will also dissapear. This is usually the speeds at which I travel 70 % of the time on the Interstate but I find raising the radio volume just a little bit more will just about drown out the sound. I just noticed this recently as I have just been on a few 3 to 4 hours road trips.

Hope this helps.
11' BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #116
MMMorish
Canada
Rep

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovman View Post
Hello Morish,

I hear you, a Ferrari would be awesome but I would be afraid to park it anywhere other than my garage. :-)

I would say that it is somewhere in between the two (American/German) but leaning more toward the German side of sound.

I can also comment that from the time I have installed the exhaust to now (about 3500 acrued miles since install) , the tone has changed a bit. I think the sound that it has matured into is just perfect.

Also for an extra tid bit of info, I have read that people have mentioned a drone area at the 1700 to 1800 rpm range with aftermarket exhaust installs but I have observed a different rpm of very very slight drone. I noticed from long road trips that when the car is in 6 gear at Interstate speeds (circa 70 to 80 mph), with this exhaust you will hear a very very slight hint of drone permeating into the cabin. If you speed up it will disappear or if you slow down it will also dissapear. This is usually the speeds at which I travel 70 % of the time on the Interstate but I find raising the radio volume just a little bit more will just about drown out the sound. I just noticed this recently as I have just been on a few 3 to 4 hours road trips.

Hope this helps.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #117
ILLCOMM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT2

For what it's worth I had a TSE3 system on my '04 330i zhp and absolutely loved it. The quality was top notch, fitment was perfect, and the tone was deep and aggressive.

With that said, I was also totally unimpressed by the e9x rear view shot posted above. Seeing the Y split in the pipes looks terrible. Pictures are often not very representative of the real thing. I need to figure out how to see one in person.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #118
Rovman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCOMM View Post
For what it's worth I had a TSE3 system on my '04 330i zhp and absolutely loved it. The quality was top notch, fitment was perfect, and the tone was deep and aggressive.

With that said, I was also totally unimpressed by the e9x rear view shot posted above. Seeing the Y split in the pipes looks terrible. Pictures are often not very representative of the real thing. I need to figure out how to see one in person.
I agree, I had already ordered my system when I saw that picture and was a little worried. But after installing my system, It didn't look bad. Don't get me wrong there are some better looking systems out there, albeit on average for double the price. That photo was taken at ankle height, most people will never be looking at your system from that height.

I don't know, I don't buy performance parts based on how they LOOK, so I am more than satisfied with the exhaust.
11' BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #119
mrrm3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

I've installed it

Sounds great

Yes, Corsa is in business --call their phone number in Brea, OH.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 06:45 AM   #120
John@BMW
I can't belive this car is a 4 door family sedan.
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan, '96 M3

i have about 9 decent video clips of the exhaust demonstrating all driving conditions with the exhaust. It really sounds good.... i could not be happier with it.

pics and videos to come hopefully soon in a new thread!
      02-12-2009, 07:00 AM   #121
MMMorish
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@BMW View Post
i have about 9 decent video clips of the exhaust demonstrating all driving conditions with the exhaust. It really sounds good.... i could not be happier with it.

pics and videos to come hopefully soon in a new thread!
That's what I'm waiting for.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #122
bbacon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 M-3 Coupe

just bought it. very annoying drone RIGHT where you would have cruise control set on the highway. 75-78 mph. all other areas sound great. I would suggest another system if you drive much steady cruise control. If I had an option, it would be off the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #123
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

That is funny ... I thought it was guaranteed NOT to drone. From UUC's website: "The result of the UUC and CORSA partnership is a drone-free exhaust system, delivering a pleasant sound at idle and cruise and a muscular roar at high rpm." Maybe after break-in it will sound better and stop droning. That is the only reason I would order the exhaust because I wouldn't do it just for looks or the sound.

Current: 2014 F10 M5
Previous: 2015 F80 M3, 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #124
John@BMW
I can't belive this car is a 4 door family sedan.
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan, '96 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbacon View Post
just bought it. very annoying drone RIGHT where you would have cruise control set on the highway. 75-78 mph. all other areas sound great. I would suggest another system if you drive much steady cruise control. If I had an option, it would be off the car.
wow! I have to strongly disagree with you there. I am assuming you have never heard another aftermarket exhaust for the m3 in person if you think the UUC exhaust drones. Go install an Eisenmann exhaust on your car for a week. You will see what drone is. You will be running back to the UUC with a joyful tear in your eye.

I could not be happier with this exhaust, especially after hearing the majority of exhausts out there in person (not on poor quality youtube videos.) It sounds great while accelerating at any throttle % but quiets down at ANY cruising speed.

im still shocked that you think this exhaust drones...

Anyone in the Atlanta area is welcome to drive my car and listen....
      04-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #125
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Exhaust drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@BMW View Post
wow! I have to strongly disagree with you there. I am assuming you have never heard another aftermarket exhaust for the m3 in person if you think the UUC exhaust drones. Go install an Eisenmann exhaust on your car for a week. You will see what drone is. You will be running back to the UUC with a joyful tear in your eye.
Well, you must be talking about the Eisenmann Race model, as there is absolutely no drone with the Sport model Then again, you buy something called "Race" and you should be prepared for less than civil manners.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 04-30-2009 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #126
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Well, you must be talking about the Race model, as there is absolutely no drone with the Sport model Then again, you buy something called "Race" and you should be prepared for less than civil manners.
There is no "race" system, Corsa does not produce an illegal system for the M3. I had the Corsa on my Z06 and it is awesome and with no droning as advertised. There is a certain range where the exhaust has a certain pitch to it that to me is music to my ears, but it was in no way a low frequency, ear piercing drone.

Having said that, I am leaning towards the Gintani right now, as it has a more NASCAR sound to it and gives good dyno proven gains, because with the low TQ numbers on the M3, it needs a little help.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #127
emjei
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW M3 Coupe

I have to agree...my car sounds fantastic...no drone

Puerto Rico Automotive Club Meets and Rally
www.puertoricoautomotiveclub.com
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #128
chock
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Corsa??

Hi guys,

clearly I'm way behind on this thread but, I just thought I'd try get some info from some experienced campainers.

Picked up my e92 4 weeks ago and am very keen for some exhaust audio inhansment.

Is Corsa still up and running? I searched their web site and no pics are availible.

Corey
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #129
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/

17% discount until tomorrow on all UUC products.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #130
meko
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - 535i Sport

Actually no. Discount does not apply to all products. Corsa does not apply. Read the fine print.
      07-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #131
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

14% off @ Turner Motorsports this month only... +free shipping

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/c-20...e-exhaust.aspx
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #132
66BM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ML63 AMG, E92 M3, E60 M5

I've got a set for sale if anyone is interested. Coming off of a Club Race car, less than 15k miles on it. Almost never saw rain. Car always stored in doors. PM me if interested.