BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
M3LOVE
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Bye E46 M3, Hello E92 M3

Hi All,
Just introducing myself here in the Aus section.
Finally said goodbye to my beloved E46 M3 after almost 3 years. Just picked up a SSII MY08 E92. Palladium Silver interior. The car is optioned out, very clean. I picked up from a BMW dealer, the only thing missing is the Carbon roof but at least I can have the sun roof open in summer.
My old E46 was wrapped in Matte black, with black wheels.
I'm really excited about having a more sophisticated colour
I've browsed through the Silverstone threads and definitely helped a lot.
Only thing I'm still unsure about is the wheel colour on the Silverstone. After seeing some pics, I still think plain silver wheels look great on the colour. hmm opinions welcome!
Here are a photo of my new baby , and the old one
Name:  1462868_10151760602176555_813200164_n.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  78.1 KB
Name:  17748_10151525312211555_908590489_n.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  74.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
wantam3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Congrats on your new purchase! Great to see some M3 pedigree! You are Melb based I see, we should catch up one day!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Welcome to the SSII club !
BTW....congrats

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
delis64
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

Congratulations on your new purchase! I sold my e46 M3 SMG after 6 years to upgrade to the e92 M3 6MT and it was the best decision I ever made!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
netgun
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by delis64 View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase! I sold my e46 M3 SMG after 6 years to upgrade to the e92 M3 6MT and it was the best decision I ever made!
Same here except 6.5 years in a Carbon Black E46 M3 6MT and then 5 months ago moved to a Jerez Black E92 M3 6MT (with ext fox red interior). Loved the old car, love the current one even more. Very special pieces of engineering these things.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

congrats on the new whip, SSII M3's look awesome!

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #7
PatrickPH
Photo Bounce
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3

Black rims, black kidneys looks good IMO
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 03:56 AM   #8
Active
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMWM235i and 2013 E92 M3

Congrats on the new ride! Black rims for me......
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 04:58 AM   #9
M3LOVE
Rep

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Yes I'm in Melb wantam3, definitely down for meetup.
I drove it out off the dealers today, which was a good 2hr drive from home, so had some time to bond with the car.
First thought was:
Much more comfortable, softer, faster, everything just that bit more advanced than the E46. That engine noise is great, just needs a good exhaust to turn the volume up a bit
Oh and moving from a SMG to a proper manual was pretty exciting too.
Only one problem.
The car came with a 2yr warranty, and passed the BMW 100 point test, so the last thing that was on my mind was having to spend more unexpected $$.
However as I drove 100km out, the trip comp tells me I need to add 1L of oil...
Which straight away they explained to me was because the car sat in the showroom for too long, and oil must've settled in as I drove and it's no big deal. So they'll pay for the oil top up.
The servicing on my old E46 was still scheduled by KMs, while this one you bring in when the car tells you to. So just wondering is it common that the little +1L oil pops up? When it does, would you simply just top up with the right oil?
Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #10
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOVE View Post
Which straight away they explained to me was because the car sat in the showroom for too long, and oil must've settled in as I drove and it's no big deal. So they'll pay for the oil top up.
The servicing on my old E46 was still scheduled by KMs, while this one you bring in when the car tells you to. So just wondering is it common that the little +1L oil pops up? When it does, would you simply just top up with the right oil?
Thanks guys
Welcome to the SSII Club. Yes, the car will need a top up and 1L is the computer call. Every time I change oil, and in the very first few hundred kms, the fresh oil burns and it will ask for a top up. Because I change oil yearly I top up only once and as said after an oil change. But if you change oil going by CBS, then you may end up topping up at least twice depending on your driving habits. Also, I've heard if you do short trips regularly you may burn oil.

I am sure others like Dave, Shane and a few others can chime in with their experience, including my best friend Philippe from Belgium.

Good luck with your new car, and also welcome to the V8 Club
      12-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
netgun
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
But if you change oil going by CBS, then you may end up topping up at least twice depending on your driving habits. Also, I've heard if you do short trips regularly you may burn oil.
Yeh I drive my car infrequently and often on short trips and I've already had to top up the oil just the other day after only 5 months. I ended up putting in only 700ml as I was suspicious of it needing a full 1L. The level ended up being right on the upper line when the car finally decided to show the reading again which was great.

The previous (from new) owner told me he'd only needed to top the car up once in the 4 years he had it. However he somewhat over serviced the car so I'm not surprised he didn't encounter this more than once.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by netgun View Post
Yeh I drive my car infrequently and often on short trips and I've already had to top up the oil just the other day after only 5 months. I ended up putting in only 700ml as I was suspicious of it needing a full 1L. The level ended up being right on the upper line when the car finally decided to show the reading again which was great.

The previous (from new) owner told me he'd only needed to top the car up once in the 4 years he had it. However he somewhat over serviced the car so I'm not surprised he didn't encounter this more than once.
I have topped up each year in my six years of ownership. Mine are mainly city driving, and regular short trips. Burning oil is perfectly alright.
      12-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
netgun
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
I have topped up each year in my six years of ownership. Mine are mainly city driving, and regular short trips. Burning oil is perfectly alright.
Oh yeh I'm not worried about it. I'm well aware it's an M3 thing. The E46 M3 used to slowly go thru oil too, especially after a few spirited weekend drives in the mountains Even my E36 M3 before that needed the occasional top up.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a clued up owner of any M3 that doesn't have a stash of TWS sitting in the garage. I got an (unexpectedly) great deal on a 5L bottle from BMW a few years back and I'm only now down to the final litre of it.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #14
delis64
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Yes I'm in Melb wantam3, definitely down for meetup.
I drove it out off the dealers today, which was a good 2hr drive from home, so had some time to bond with the car.
First thought was:
Much more comfortable, softer, faster, everything just that bit more advanced than the E46. That engine noise is great, just needs a good exhaust to turn the volume up a bit
Oh and moving from a SMG to a proper manual was pretty exciting too.
Only one problem.
The car came with a 2yr warranty, and passed the BMW 100 point test, so the last thing that was on my mind was having to spend more unexpected $$.
Thanks guys
I had the same issue after a service in Ballarat and just took it in to the closest BMW service centre and they topped it up for me! I also purchased a few bottles of oil!
Totally agree that the e92 is much more refined than the e46. I did months of research on exhausts and decided to go with the Akrapovic Evolution exhaust system which I am very happy with. I also got a BPM tune done which I would highly recommend.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #15
M3LOVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delis64 View Post
I had the same issue after a service in Ballarat and just took it in to the closest BMW service centre and they topped it up for me! I also purchased a few bottles of oil!
Totally agree that the e92 is much more refined than the e46. I did months of research on exhausts and decided to go with the Akrapovic Evolution exhaust system which I am very happy with. I also got a BPM tune done which I would highly recommend.
Thanks guys, after reading a few more threads. (and finding out many owners actually overfill with too much oil, and gets into more trouble..) I decided to be patient and put in just over half. As expected, after a short drive, it is just under max, so anymore than that, would've been too much. Not that new to me, as I had a couple of bottles in the back of my E46 also.
Oh and strangely I actually picked up the car from BMW Ballarat, where the dealer principle was the owner before me.
With you on the exhaust topic. I'm not sure if you guys heard the IPE (innotech) valtronic exhaust?
The dealer is my neighbour at work, so I'm having a full system just behind the headers fitted sometime this week. From what I heard on the youtube videos.. I'm pretty damn excited. I'll post a vid after it's on!!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #16
leeb8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

let the mods begin.... oh yeah...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #17
wantam3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeb8 View Post
let the mods begin.... oh yeah...
Haha....Do you like sitting back in your arm chair waiting for people to start modding their cars?

After coming from a Rotary background, I didnt think the modding community for this sort of luxury sports car would be so big, but i'm happily mistaken!

With a car like the E92 M3, it seems that because its such a unique car, even the slightest mod makes it look so nice! So have fun!

M3Love, where in Melb are you? we should have a drive down beach road or something one Sunday Afternoon/Friday night. Blow some of those showroom cobwebs out!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #18
netgun
Private
Rep

Quote:
Oh and strangely I actually picked up the car from BMW Ballarat, where the dealer principle was the owner before me.
Is that the one that's been on carsales for 6 months? I remember one at a Ballarat dealer that was there for ages before during and after my search for one (not a fan of the silver hence why I overlooked it).
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #19
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgun View Post
Is that the one that's been on carsales for 6 months? I remember one at a Ballarat dealer that was there for ages before during and after my search for one (not a fan of the silver hence why I overlooked it).
I remember that one too, they kept dropping the price then offered free warranty if someone bought it..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #20
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Nice! SS is great. Silver wheels are always nice, but I think your SS would also look good with black shoes.

I'm feeling the Breyton GTSR-M

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353874
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #21
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Love the concave aftermarket wheels. For example, the new AMG black rims with silver time attacks look fkn horrendous, with zero concavity and an awkward silver protection ring
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 04:22 AM   #22
M3LOVE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
Nice! SS is great. Silver wheels are always nice, but I think your SS would also look good with black shoes.

I'm feeling the Breyton GTSR-M

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353874
Crisis achieved
Appreciate 0