BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

01-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
kmac1980
Major
Rep
Drives: '19 540xi

and now the UNDERRATED list!

"BMW 3 Series
Best all-around car on the market today. A marvel of engineering. If you find it unappealing, you probably live and work in Detroit or have ball bearings for brains. Wait a minute, that's the same thing. Forget it."

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightlin...hotopanel..4.*

i really like this list except i-drive...the writer is probably technologically retarded
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

The new i-drive is light years better. And "domestic" quality has nothing to do with why I never buy American.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunnerable View Post
The new i-drive is light years better. And "domestic" quality has nothing to do with why I never buy American.
Even the old idrive is perfectly fine. It just takes a bit getting used too. Besides, idrive was the first of its kind. All the other companies copied and improved on it.

And domestic quality has everything to do with why I won't buy American again. I love my Corvette because of sentimental and nostalgia reasons, other than that, European cars are way ahead of American cars in the QC department.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
kmac1980
Major
Rep
Drives: '19 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Even the old idrive is perfectly fine. It just takes a bit getting used too. Besides, idrive was the first of its kind. All the other companies copied and improved on it.

And domestic quality has everything to do with why I won't buy American again. I love my Corvette because of sentimental and nostalgia reasons, other than that, European cars are way ahead of American cars in the QC department.
I am on my 2nd car with 1st gen I-drive and I like the system....I personally HATE touch screens, and love the forcefeedback wheel.... helps you keep your eyes on the road and hand where it belongs, close to the shifter

nothing worse than a touchscreen you have to reach to hit and covered in finger print smudges
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #5
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1980 View Post
I am on my 2nd car with 1st gen I-drive and I like the system....I personally HATE touch screens, and love the forcefeedback wheel.... helps you keep your eyes on the road and hand where it belongs, close to the shifter

nothing worse than a touchscreen you have to reach to hit and covered in finger print smudges
Not sure I agree.

Sometimes I get sick of the idrive. There are times I wish it was touch screen. I think it makes me take my eyes of the road more using the idrive wheel.

I still think touch screen is the best way to navigate throught the modern car cpu systems. Much quicker I believe.

I sure wouldn't want my iphone to have an idrive wheel and no touch screen.

Lets just say I didn't buy my bimmers for their idrive system.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
kmax1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
Not sure I agree.

Sometimes I get sick of the idrive. There are times I wish it was touch screen. I think it makes me take my eyes of the road more using the idrive wheel.

I still think touch screen is the best way to navigate throught the modern car cpu systems. Much quicker I believe.

I sure wouldn't want my iphone to have an idrive wheel and no touch screen.

Lets just say I didn't buy my bimmers for their idrive system.

hmmm well I know I prefer having a mouse for my home computer or laptop than the screens being touch screen! do you hate the mouse for your home computer?
Appreciate 0