BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #45
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2M3 View Post
Finished install at about 3AM now just need a few miles to break it in BUT even on easy throttle HAWLLLLLY CHIT!!! This thing is insane! Will post pics and more details today
AWESOME!!! can't wait to read your review congrats again on the kit be safe out there!

how many miles do you have to put on it for break in period?

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #46
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
AWESOME!!! can't wait to read your review congrats again on the kit be safe out there!

how many miles do you have to put on it for break in period?
Just a few hundred for the blower.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #47
redline9001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5, G14 F150

Quote:
Finished install at about 3AM now just need a few miles to break it in BUT even on easy throttle HAWLLLLLY CHIT!!! This thing is insane! Will post pics and more details today
Nice.... That should be about 15 ESS SC E9x M3s now in Calgary. We are going to have try and get all these beasts at a meet

Last edited by redline9001; 04-01-2012 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #48
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^What an awesome meet you guys could have!

If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #49
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

There's 15+ FI M3's in Calgary? Insane!!
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #50
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Some pics of the manifold installed. It's painted Space Grey and Black.
I spent some time driving today. Still having to take it easy until I reach 200 miles, completed about 120 miles so far. This thing is effin INSANE I am waiting on my new wheels so I am currently running my square setup (HRE P40S 19X9 255/30/19) and these things spin if I even think about giving it any gas. Power deliver is really smooth and in full auto mode it's very similar to stock, you just have to be extremely mindful of the power... One slip of the foot to the gas pedal and you'll be sideways fassssssst, and that with full traction on
I will try to get some miles in and really open this thing up soon, BUT can't say enough about the quality and attention to detail from ESS. These guys really love what they do, and it shows in the level of customer service they provide. Every time I needed any questions answered Roman was available immediately (including responding to text messages and emails on evenings and weekends who does that anymore???) Let me just say my experience with ESS has been polar opposite to my experience with Dinan and I spent about the same amount of $$$---> Dinan got my $$$ and that is where communication stopped. And good luck getting a call OR email returned...
Most companies provide excellent customer service until they get you $$$, and then it stops. NOT ESS & ROMAN, not sure how he does all he does but all I can say is he's fawwwwwwwkin awesome and a rockSTAR
Attached Images

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #51
NELSON.MLGB
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 JB M3

First in Alberta? lol
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 04:20 AM   #52
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

great thread boss!! plenum is tits! diy ftmfw

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #53
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X6MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X6MC  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3  [8.68]
wow! looks amazing! enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #54
sales@ESSTuning
Rep

The manifold turned out great
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #55
CCLSVTM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos blue E90 M3

Thats bad ass!!!!

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #56
GOLFFRR
Rep

We want some more feedback on the kit! go drive more!!! lol

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #57
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Amazing work on that manifold!! Enjoy all the new power in great safety!!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #58
redline9001
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
There's 15+ FI M3's in Calgary? Insane!!
Last time i talked with Tunerworks I am pretty sure they had done about ~12 ESS SC E9X installs and there has been a couple more that did not go through them.

I was at Tunerworks last summer one day, they were doing some work on my car and there was 3 ESS SC e9x at the shop that day alone... Tunerworks puts out a lot of crazy high end cars.... lots of oil money here

But there is a couple HPF E46 M3s and a lot of SC E46 M3s, a full Dinan Stroker, and a RD sport stroker...

Not bad for a city with only 1 million people
      04-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #59
redline9001
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Some pics of the manifold installed. It's painted Space Grey and Black.
I spent some time driving today. Still having to take it easy until I reach 200 miles, completed about 120 miles so far. This thing is effin INSANE I am waiting on my new wheels so I am currently running my square setup (HRE P40S 19X9 255/30/19) and these things spin if I even think about giving it any gas. Power deliver is really smooth and in full auto mode it's very similar to stock, you just have to be extremely mindful of the power... One slip of the foot to the gas pedal and you'll be sideways fassssssst, and that with full traction on
I will try to get some miles in and really open this thing up soon, BUT can't say enough about the quality and attention to detail from ESS. These guys really love what they do, and it shows in the level of customer service they provide. Every time I needed any questions answered Roman was available immediately (including responding to text messages and emails on evenings and weekends who does that anymore???) Let me just say my experience with ESS has been polar opposite to my experience with Dinan and I spent about the same amount of $$$---> Dinan got my $$$ and that is where communication stopped. And good luck getting a call OR email returned...
Most companies provide excellent customer service until they get you $$$, and then it stops. NOT ESS & ROMAN, not sure how he does all he does but all I can say is he's fawwwwwwwkin awesome and a rockSTAR
I want a ride stat....

I agree on ESS, AJ and Roman have been nothing but amazing on the customer service side of things, i have got emails from them at 10-11pm i am not sure when they sleep.
      04-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #60
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
I had a chance to put another 120 miles on the car last night. My wife and I went for a long drives through the mountains. It is a freakin BEAST! I have a great wife who knows how I like to drive. She just holds on and smiles Nothing better than going for a drive with a fine A$$ chick in the passenger seat
Few things to consider:
- Currently running Stock X-Pipe and M Performance exhaust. (waiting on my new exhaust + catless X-Pipe... should be here in a few days)
- Currently Running 255 Pirelli Rosso's all around
- Running on 94 Octane
- Car has 2150 miles
- DCT + EDC
- I installed the KW sleeve over kit a couple weeks ago (have not aligned yet, waiting on my new wheels+tires to dial in height adjustment)
- Currently running stock brakes

I have NOT opened it up all the way yet although I have pushed it pretty hard. Keep in mind, I am not a technical expert so the details are in "'laymen's" terms
DTC ON= The car is effin fast, DTC engages through 4th gear. In 3rd and 4th gear you can't really feel the DTC engaging but the lights flickering on the dash. Wheel spin will happen but DTC kicks in pretty quick limiting the power to the wheels.

M-Dynamic Mode: 1st and 2nd gears are CRAZY power, feels like a freight train pulling, you get that feeling in your stomach that get when you take off in a jet. No lag, power is immediate and very smooth. You reach "red-line" within what seems like milliseconds in 1st and 2nd gear. Have to be really careful with throttle on corners, in low gears, the back end will just swoop out from under you. VERY easy to get this thing sideways real fast in 1st and 2nd in M Mode (ask me how I know). The car feels very "planted" in M-Mode and as long as you ease into acceleration. The power is strong and consistent through every gear. If you "punch it" in 1st-3rd gear you will feel power being limited by DTC. Most of my miles last night were in MDM and I was really impressed with how balanced the car as well as the power felt, still felt planted and not that "Out of Control" feeling. My speedometer is in KM not miles, but I the best way I can explain the power is high speeds are achieved so quick that I feels like instead of doing 180KM you are doing 80KM. As Phillip has mentioned, you really have to watch the road ahead and know what is coming because it comes so fast.

DTC OFF: HaWWWWWWWWWly FawwwwwwKin MOTHER of GawwwwwwwD effin INSANE POWER. 1st and 2nd gear under hard acceleration is SIDEWAYS faSSSSSSSSSSST. Under hard acceleration shifting from 1st to 2nd is enough that you will be in the ditch quick. So much fun through. All I can say is RIfukinDICULOUS It is a rush like I've never felt hookers and blow have nothing on a Blown M3+NO DTC. It's like you are behind the wheel of an F18 hornet and road is yours to OWN. I will not be spending too much time with DTC off until I get my new rubber and brakes. It's for fawkin REAL

OVERALL: The power is extraordinary! It doesn't matter what gear you are in, the car feels as if tough you have limitless power is on tap and ready to Gooooooooooo I'm really impressed with the top end of this car.4th-7th pulls hard and strong!
Another great thing about this kit is, if you put it into "Auto Mode+S1" it is very tame and could easily be driven by anyone.

On a side note. I was trying to take it easy, on the highway, on the way home...have a nice enjoyable ride with my wife... Then out of NOWHERE a Mustang GT tried to pull on me. I walked him SO hard and fast, before I knew it he was about 12-15 car lengths back

One last thing: The addition of the SC has done wonders for my marriage. I did the install myself and that was a HUGE "Turn-On" for my wife, she thinks I'm all mechanical and shit and I just breezed through the install. She has no idea I was freakin out a couple times, on the phone-text-email with Roman non-stop. Ohhh and ROMAN --> Keep your effin mouth SHUT, if you ever talk to her she has to believe this was a cake walk for me... get it? got it? good!
Anyhow after (1) The long drive (2) Effortlessly walkin the stang (3) an hour and a half of her telling me how impressed she is with my mechanical abilities, we got home and I swear her seat was wet--> and it wasn't pee from being scared $hitless from my driving.
Moral of the story is SC'd M3's make girls wet :

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here

Last edited by j2m; 04-03-2012 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #61
GOLFFRR
Rep

man now I am even more excited to get mine installed!!! thanks for the updates!!

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #62
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

congrats. I'm merely a 575 guy, but these ESS kits really force you to treat the throttle with respect. while you're traction limited at lower speeds, you pretty much own the highway. have fun and be safe.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #63
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
I had a chance to put another 120 miles on the car last night. My wife and I went for a long drives through the mountains. It is a freakin BEAST! I have a great wife who knows how I like to drive. She just holds on and smiles Nothing better than going for a drive with a fine A$$ chick in the passenger seat
Few things to consider:
- Currently running Stock X-Pipe and M Performance exhaust. (waiting on my new exhaust + catless X-Pipe... should be here in a few days)
- Running on 94 Octane
- Car has 2150 miles
- DCT + EDC
- I installed the KW sleeve over kit a couple weeks ago (have not aligned yet, waiting on my new wheels+tires to dial in height adjustment)

I have NOT opened it up all the way yet although I have pushed it pretty hard. Keep in mind, I am not a technical expert so the details are in "'laymen's" terms
DTC ON= The car is effin fast, DTC engages through 4th gear. In 3rd and 4th gear you can't really feel the DTC engaging but the lights flickering on the dash. Wheel spin will happen but DTC kicks in pretty quick limiting the power to the wheels.

M-Dynamic Mode: 1st and 2nd gears are CRAZY power, feels like a freight train pulling, you get that feeling in your stomach that get when you take off in a jet. No lag, power is immediate and very smooth. You reach "red-line" within what seems like milliseconds in 1st and 2nd gear. Have to be really careful with throttle on corners, in low gears, the back end will just swoop out from under you. VERY easy to get this thing sideways real fast in 1st and 2nd in M Mode (ask me how I know). The car feels very "planted" in M-Mode and as long as you ease into acceleration. The power is strong and consistent through every gear. If you "punch it" in 1st-3rd gear you will feel power being limited by DTC. Most of my miles last night were in MDM and I was really impressed with how balanced the car as well as the power felt, still felt planted and not that "Out of Control" feeling. My speedometer is in KM not miles, but I the best way I can explain the power is high speeds are achieved so quick that I feels like instead of doing 180KM you are doing 80KM. As Phillip has mentioned, you really have to watch the road ahead and know what is coming because it comes so fast.

DTC OFF: HaWWWWWWWWWly FawwwwwwKin MOTHER of GawwwwwwwD effin INSANE POWER. 1st and 2nd gear under hard acceleration is SIDEWAYS faSSSSSSSSSSST. Under hard acceleration shifting from 1st to 2nd is enough that you will be in the ditch quick. So much fun through. All I can say is RIfukinDICULOUS It is a rush like I've never felt hookers and blow have nothing on a Blown M3+NO DTC. It's like you are behind the wheel of an F18 hornet and road is yours to OWN. I will not be spending too much time with DTC off until I get my new rubber and brakes. It's for fawkin REAL

OVERALL: The power is extraordinary! It doesn't matter what gear you are in, the car feels as if tough you have limitless power is on tap and ready to Gooooooooooo I'm really impressed with the top end of this car.4th-7th pulls hard and strong!
Another great thing about this kit is, if you put it into "Auto Mode+S1" it is very tame and could easily be driven by anyone.

On a side note. I was trying to take it easy, on the highway, on the way home...have a nice enjoyable ride with my wife... Then out of NOWHERE a Mustang GT tried to pull on me. I walked him SO hard and fast, before I knew it he was about 12-15 car lengths back

One last thing: The addition of the SC has done wonders for my marriage. I did the install myself and that was a HUGE "Turn-On" for my wife, she thinks I'm all mechanical and shit and I just breezed through the install. She has no idea I was freakin out a couple times, on the phone-text-email with Roman non-stop. Ohhh and ROMAN --> Keep your effin mouth SHUT, if you ever talk to her she has to believe this was a cake walk for me... get it? got it? good!
Anyhow after (1) The long drive (2) Effortlessly walkin the stang (3) an hour and a half of her telling me how impressed she is with my mechanical abilities, we got home and I swear her seat was wet--> and it wasn't pee from being scared $hitless from my driving.
great little write-up there bro. You had the 335is at the last meet right? You won't have any trouble raping all of us now. Hahaha

Can't wait to see this thing at the meet!!!! As for 15~ SC E9X's in YYC, that is insane! I have seen maybe 3 or 4 of them, not including j2M3's.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #64
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Manifold is beautiful! Nice design!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #65
Darkboyz68
Jedi
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 LMB

Your setup looks clean!! great write up!

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #66
sales@ESSTuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline9001 View Post
I want a ride stat....

I agree on ESS, AJ and Roman have been nothing but amazing on the customer service side of things, i have got emails from them at 10-11pm i am not sure when they sleep.
I do close my eyes for short periods during the night but im usually typing during this time

Quote:
Few things to consider:
- Running on 94 Octane
- Car has 2150 miles
- DCT + EDC

Appreciate 0