BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Having some fun on Nürburgring GP Track

last open weekend this season. I had the track to myself in the morning. dry track. bridgestone blizzaks have no grip in wet and grease up after a lap in dry. not the best choice for a track tire, but safest option to get home if it snows. they make good drift tires apparently.

11-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
05Mdriver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: TT Flat Six

Garage List
2007 Porsche Turbo  [10.00]
2008 BMW M3  [10.00]
2005 BMW M3  [10.00]
looks like a blast.. but a waste of some great winter tires who perform better the deeper the tread they have !
      11-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Mdriver View Post
looks like a blast.. but a waste of some great winter tires who perform better the deeper the tread they have !
I have owned and driven on Dunlop Winter 3DS, Pirelli SottoZero, Continental Winter Contacts, and Michelin Pilot Alpins. So far for the given road conditions the bridgestones by far have the least grip especially when its damp. It could be the tires are too narrow for this car (235/245). I inherited them with the car when i bought it. I would reserve judgement for snow as haven't had the opportunity. I'm sure they will work just fine on packed snow. I have a dedicated winter car. But after first driving on the bridgestones I knew exactly where to use them up at.