BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-08-2022, 07:49 AM   #243
br2wdc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 LMB

Note: In case you weren't being a comedian, it sold at least 4+ months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdM1nsarEas$ View Post
Still available?

2011 E90 M3 | Le Mans Blue | DCT | Slicktop
“The end is inevitable Maverick, your kind is headed for extinction” … “maybe so sir, but not today” – Tom Cruise in Top Gun: Maverick
Previous: 2006 E90 330i | 6MT -- 2001 E39 540i | 6MT -- 1997 E36 M3 | Techno Violet | 5MT
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 10:11 AM   #244
tbuck
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2016 F23 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdM1nsarEas$ View Post
Still available?
      10-22-2022, 03:38 PM   #245
DudeWhatsUpMan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Spencer here... After having multiple people accuse me of multiple lies and accusations, I'm going to address this in a mature manner to ensure that people who are still acting like children who enjoy drama can understand the situation better.

I've noticed that this has become the most viewed for sale thread here on the forums and majority of the time when I comment on a Facebook post, Instagram or TikTok post, that somebody has something to say about this thread or how I "withheld information" from my car when I had it listed. This is my final statement about this car and final statement on this forum. The attention of this thread is immature, the comments are extremely sad to see and it shows me exactly why I have lost so much interest in the automotive community here on the forums.

Keep in mind also that this original thread was made before I found out most of this information. I had intentions of going with another E90 that came up and last minute decided to list this car for sale. You will see below about the sales person who reached out to me in regards to the history of the car.

Some of you may remember me as SuspenCe on these forums since I had joined in 2004 as a teenager hoping to one day own an M3... and now we're here. I was posting my videos and I was banned as a "YouTube spammer" since I was sharing my videos of rod bearings, TAs and feature films. Not sure why but alright, so I made the account "ItsNotMe", which I lost access to since I used an email I do not have any more, so I made this account which I've used to sell parts/find parts here, but I no longer use these forums hence why I created M3List.

I found my red E90 M3 for sale at Zhoadart in Seattle, WA on CarGurus I believe. I was looking for an E90 that was special and had a unique color combo or rare spec, so when this popped up I was excited to get it. The owner of the dealership actually followed me on Instagram and YouTube, so right away it was nice to know that he was familiar with these platforms.

When I viewed the listing online, I checked the CarFax and all the photos online. I also asked the salesman who worked there to make a video of the M3. He did a full walk around video and took photos of everything. It looked great to me and had no issues in any way that I could see.

Here's what I saw on the website when I found the vehicle -

CarFax Reports -

https://i.ibb.co/HT1SK5s/IMG-5980.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/qNMPVLJ/IMG-5979.jpg

Everything looked good to me. We had agreed on a number and I made the purchase. The car was shipped to me and everything looked great.

I had a chance to drive the car around and take it to my local shop Precision Dynamics where we put the car on a lift to inspect it. You never really know when you're buying a car sight unseen, photos and videos can only do so much for a buyer when they're not there in person to check it out.

A few days later when I was going to register to the car, I noticed that the front fender was a bit off... I started photographing the car more and more each day and it kept standing out, so I wasn't sure what the deal was.

Front fender photo -

https://i.ibb.co/JBkLBr3/IMG-5978.jpg

I had posted some videos and photos of the car on my social media over the first few months of ownership since it's what I do for a living and I enjoy doing it for fun. I had received an email from a sales person in Seattle who worked at BMW. He had asked me if I knew the history of the vehicle from the previous owners. I had told him that I checked out the CarFax, ran the VIN, had pics sent to me etc and everything looked fine. He sent me a bill for the car and a document showing that the car had been in an accident with a $15,000 repair bill. Here's what he sent.

Repair/Damage invoice

https://i.ibb.co/XWHs9Sk/IMG-5981.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/sjTQmnJ/IMG-5982.jpg

Once I found this out, I started to question the history of the car. I called George who owns the dealership that I bought the car from and I sent him all the screenshots. He said he had no idea and was extremely sorry. We spoke about it and I felt like he was telling the truth. I decided to keep the car and build it. The only thing I wanted to do was have it checked out even more, so I took it to Precision Dynamics again and we put it on a lift with lights underneath to check every...single...inch of the car.

After going through the entire car, we looked underneath and didn't find anything that was suspicious. The throttle actuators ended up going out, so we did a full replacement video and DIY on YouTube. This gave us a chance to take a look at the engine in more detail where we noticed that the car had possibly been supercharged before and may have had a BBK. I had also installed a new exhaust and during the filming process one of the belts snapped off, so we had to replace the tensioner and pulley which gave us a better look at some parts that were strange.

Now here's where people need to pay attention.

As a marketer or "YouTuber", my job is to always get peoples attention. I never want to be the clickbait YouTuber, but I need to find ways for people to view my videos as a career. Anytime a piece of my car broke, anytime I had an issue with my car, anytime I had a modification that I could do - that was my JOB to make a video about that. I had to get every ounce of creativity into these videos which includes the titles and storylines.

One of the BIGGEST reasons why I make video titles or videos more dramatic is for the viewer who may have the same experience to understand how to properly take care of their car. If they buy a car with a tune, they should get it checked out right away. I want to educate people on these situations, so having things like this is a good situation for me to make a video + teach others how to avoid having any problems in the future. The goal here is to provide value, so we become 100% transparent in all the content that is produced to help others not have to deal with these kind of things during their E9X ownership.

I told Mike at Precision that anytime we can fix something, let's make a video about it. If you saw my E92 M3 build, you'll see we did about 40+ videos on every little thing from what fluids to use, fixing the cowbell noise, tuning the car, wheel fitment, exhaust setups, fuel breather valve, a 1 hour rod bearing video and so much more.

I said that even if it's 1% of something we can make a video about, let's do it. So every time we modded my car or fixed something, we found something else that we could talk about. We found out that when I did an exhaust setup along with a new tune, that the previous tune was a Gintani tune. It was set up for E85 from what I was told. I had no idea that this tune was installed, but it was only in the car for a short period of time + I had not pushed the car hard due to the fact that I didn't have plates yet (I was running paper plates for awhile), along with the fact that I lived in Irvine and I was state ref'd in my previous E90 which was a terrible experience. Here's a video that Mike had made going over the car and showing how we fixed the issue and the car was 100%.

In the videos we always try to be as transparent and honest with the viewers, you'll see that in many many many of my videos and podcasts about the cars I buy and build. We removed that tune, installed a bunch of new parts, did a TON of OEM maintenance to make the car drive 100% and I was off to enjoy the car. I drove the car for months and had a great experience with it. I had no issues in the future with the car. I drove it from Orange County, California to Houston, Texas with 0 issues.

The time came to sell the car because I was investing in a BMW business I created, so I listed the car for sale again (Not this listing thread), but after I found out about all the information + drove the car for a few months - and of course the drama comes up about the history of the car from this thread. In my listing I had stated that you can contact me for additional details about the history of the car and I will send you the auto check. This is the auto check report that I was sent months after I purchased the car, which I had also sent to George who previous owned the car.

AutoCheck reports -

https://i.ibb.co/pnkbs82/IMG-5984.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/Vvmh8XD/IMG-5985.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/hytDpLm/IMG-5976.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/QHcv4XV/IMG-5977.jpg

I wanted to 100% check to make sure the history of this car is what I'm seeing, so I contacted AutoCheck at Experian to send me a report. This was their report.

Verified report -

https://i.ibb.co/QQzSt4d/IMG-5983.jpg

When I listed the car for sale, George was nice enough to offer to buy the car back, but it needed to go back to how he got it. I already had sold the interior and wheels, so I just couldn't figure out a solution to do it with living in Houston vs California where you can get so many parts quickly. Sure enough I had a few leads on the car and a buyer flew out with his girlfriend to buy the car.

I showed them the car, had them drive it and then we spoke about the history. I showed them the CarFax and how it shows as a clean vehicle, but it had a $15,000 repair bill from the past that was sent to me. I was 100% honest with the buyer and they had no problem with it at all. I sold the car and we were both on our ways. I still keep up with the new owners and the mods they do and they're having a great time with the car.

The problem that I have is that people see a thread and right away assume that one side of the story is true when they haven't done the research that they should before making an opinion or judgement. I've been a part of the automotive community since 2004 at the age of 14. I'm now about to be 31 and I can't express how many adults still act like children. I do my best to help create a positive environment for the automotive world and create content that is honest, valuable, entertaining and educational, yet you still get people like this in this thread who love to stir up drama and create a storyline that makes them feel better about their own lives vs listening to the truth.

I know that forums show up on SEO search often and I wanted to make this statement to let people know that there's always two sides to a story and that I'm extremely grateful to have the career and life that I do, which I won't allow a bunch of trolls on a forum ruin that for me in any kind of way since I take pride in being an honest and genuine person in the automotive world. I hope that people who already made a negative judgement about me can see the side of the story that I have to share.

I wish nothing but the best to people here on E90Post from the owners to the members. If you're going through a rough time mentally, please never hesitate to go see somebody who can help, or if you're using the internet to hate or bring others down that you're able to find a way to bring positivity and support instead of hatred. Thanks to the forum here for the decade+ of good conversations, meeting people at Bimmerfest in 2005/2006, Teckademics members, Mischief members, TehDriven and all the other fun forums that allowed me to make so many connections and friendships. Best of wishes to everybody.

-Spencer Berke

Last edited by DudeWhatsUpMan; 10-22-2022 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 4
      10-22-2022, 06:21 PM   #246
Price Police
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, M5, M6, 1M, 735i

This forum is full of trolls. Would try to ignore them. I’m sure some will pop up to troll again after your update.
Appreciate 1
///3dkn1488.50
      10-25-2022, 12:57 AM   #247
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

bump, TTT
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 01:34 PM   #248
mwat
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & LCI X3 35i M Sport

Garage List
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quite the interesting read.... Have to admit the BBS thread was funny as well.

What gets me is I'm sure this happens all the time right in front of us, but because the seller isn't a youtuber we would never know.

If anything it's just more reason to be extra extra extra careful.
Appreciate 0