BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

10-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
Shamim
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Beware of Duke Dynamics

As many of you know, there were many threads made about Duke Dynamics and their reputation about their products and customer service. Well this is my story.

After reading all the threads, I decided to give them the benefit of doubt and order their LCI CSL trunk in FRP due to the fact that it has the highest kick compared to the other very minimal options that are in the market. I ordered the trunk on August 27, 2014 and till this day, I have not even received a tracking number. Every week after calling them multiple times a day and e-mailing them, I might if lucky, get an e-mail saying it will take one more week. Since August 27th, Each week (if I am even able to reach them), I am told one more week. They told me my trunk is ready, however, in order to save money they need to ship it with another order. This order is an E92 Carbon CSL trunk. They say they have been finding flaws in the E92 trunk every week and because of that, my trunk is on the side line waiting for this trunk to be made. After being extremely patient, I called them complaining that I am tired of being lied to each time we have any sort of communication and that I want a guaranteed time where my trunk will be shipped. They guaranteed me the shipping number 2 weeks ago and ever since then, my e-mails have been ignored and my phone called never picked up. I have no clue how they deal with customer service and in no way am I slandering this company, but just warning you to be aware and be ready to deal with similar problems that me and a bunch of others have or currently are.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #2
Sered
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i

You've been talking with Bimmerkit right? They're the ones that actually sell the part aren't they?

This sucks, I was hoping to one day get the CSL trunk for my E93
      10-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
Shamim
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sered View Post
You've been talking with Bimmerkit right? They're the ones that actually sell the part aren't they?

That's correct, Bimmerkit is Duke Dynamics. They just use Bimmerkit's website to actually sell the products and use the Duke Dynamics website to pretty much showcase their product.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 05:40 AM   #4
GTMolasses
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

I know how you feel, having a very similar experience with Challenge. Sucks because i really wanted the trunk.

Last edited by GTMolasses; 10-09-2014 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #5
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sered View Post

I have their CSL trunk on my E93, It took a lot of body work to make it work, so make sure you are ready to pay the body shop big bucks. It's no way near ready to bolt on. We had to reinforce the center because it was too flimsy and was bulging and has to add material around all the corners, edges and lights openings to get the gaps right and also had to shave the center brake lights corners because it wasn't made correctly (found out because when we tried bolting in the light it cracked the corners off and had to buy a new one)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
Shamim
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTMolasses View Post
I know how you feel, having a very similar experience with Challenge. Sucks because i really wanted the trunk.
got another trunk?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #7
Shamim
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedE93 View Post
I have their CSL trunk on my E93, It took a lot of body work to make it work, so make sure you are ready to pay the body shop big bucks. It's no way near ready to bolt on. We had to reinforce the center because it was too flimsy and was bulging and has to add material around all the corners, edges and lights openings to get the gaps right and also had to shave the center brake lights corners because it wasn't made correctly (found out because when we tried bolting in the light it cracked the corners off and had to buy a new one)
At this point, I just want to reach them and get a refund. Refuse to give them money due being the worst company I have every dealt with.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #8
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamim View Post
At this point, I just want to reach them and get a refund. Refuse to give them money due being the worst company I have every dealt with.
Probably your best bet brother.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #9
Shamim
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedE93 View Post
Probably your best bet brother.
can't even get a refund because they won't pick up on any calls or answer any of the e-mails.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #10
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
can't even get a refund because they won't pick up on any calls or answer any of the e-mails.
That's horrible news, if you paid with a credit card report them as fraud (took payment without delivering a product) and try going about it that way.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #11
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Sorry to hear about this man! Hope you get your trunk or money back!

-Anthony
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #12
Installsplus
Ultimate Driving Machine E92ESS625 M3/G05 X5 Msport 40i Individual
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT/ESS 625 kit

Garage List
I was just going to ask about these guys. This cf spoiler caught my eye. But not sure about inquiring on price and quality considering ur experience with them. Sorry to hear hope u get reimbursed
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 03:18 PM   #13
tasi333
EmZilla
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

I have the e93 CSL trunk and had a very similar experience. It's very frustrating dealing with them and it takes FOREVER to get what you ordered, and a lot of hassle. They have many excuses for the delays, never told me the truth either, and very hard to reach.

This was back in 2012, so it doesn't seem like they've make any improvements.

As WickedE93 mentioned, the fitament is sub-par. My trunk is "bowing" in the middle, not sure how to fix it, and I also cracked the corners of my third brake light.

In the end, it is one of the best looking designs for the e93, and I would even say worth the hassle and wait ONLY if they go the fitament right.

Good luck.
VF 700 SC | Akro Evo | Brembo GT | PSi Raceline Coilovers (Ohlins Dampers | Eibach Springs | Ground Control Plates) | MRF & Derlin Bushings | VerstraBe DCT Shifters | 3F Diffuser | Arkam bumper | Duke Dynamics CF trunk | CF Interior | CF Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #14
Shamim
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasi333 View Post
I have the e93 CSL trunk and had a very similar experience. It's very frustrating dealing with them and it takes FOREVER to get what you ordered, and a lot of hassle. They have many excuses for the delays, never told me the truth either, and very hard to reach.

This was back in 2012, so it doesn't seem like they've make any improvements.

As WickedE93 mentioned, the fitament is sub-par. My trunk is "bowing" in the middle, not sure how to fix it, and I also cracked the corners of my third brake light.

In the end, it is one of the best looking designs for the e93, and I would even say worth the hassle and wait ONLY if they go the fitament right.

Good luck.
if i ask for a refund my them, i will never get it. They emailed me asking me when they ship my trunk out which they still havn't after promising me several times it will be within the week, if i can help them ship another buyers trunk to them or hold the other trunk to be picked up.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 02:40 PM   #15
Beemdog
Woof!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue

Garage List
It's odd, because I had the exact same problems with another carbon fiber vendor (for Vipers), and it turned out that a bunch of guys on that forum were getting the same runaround from Vipair. Is the CF biz full of shady outfits?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #16
Shamim
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemdog View Post
It's odd, because I had the exact same problems with another carbon fiber vendor (for Vipers), and it turned out that a bunch of guys on that forum were getting the same runaround from Vipair. Is the CF biz full of shady outfits?
it seems like it, or at least a good amount. I've dealt with many vendors and never had any issues. Always top of the line customer service and if anything was wrong with the product, they were there to help, however, I seriously question how Dukes is in business with the way they treat and respect their buyers.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #17
Shamim
Captain
Rep

quick little update. Still no tracking number. He told me the package was picked up for delivery 12 days ago and I have called him each day and emailed him and have no answer. He also told me to save himself money, he shipped my package with another trunk that's destination was to LTMW. He told me if he ships it to me I have to do him a favor and drive it to LTMW and drop of the other trunk. I told him I won't waste my time and do that so he told me he's sorry but I have no choice but to go to LTMW to pick up my trunk. LTMW is about an hour drive from my house....Oh I also to inform everyone who purchased anything from Duke recently that your package won't be coming in for a while. There factory got shut down so they are moving their facility from Taiwan to Canada.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf IMG_6879.pdf (1.95 MB, 442 views)
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 11:42 PM   #18
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
quick little update. Still no tracking number. He told me the package was picked up for delivery 12 days ago and I have called him each day and emailed him and have no answer. He also told me to save himself money, he shipped my package with another trunk that's destination was to LTMW. He told me if he ships it to me I have to do him a favor and drive it to LTMW and drop of the other trunk. I told him I won't waste my time and do that so he told me he's sorry but I have no choice but to go to LTMW to pick up my trunk. LTMW is about an hour drive from my house....Oh I also to inform everyone who purchased anything from Duke recently that your package won't be coming in for a while. There factory got shut down so they are moving their facility from Taiwan to Canada.
I would have requested a chargeback from my CC a long time ago. Having to drive an hour to pick up your order is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #19
narkotic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Agreed. Your tolerance is way too high. I would have performed a charge-back after 20 days of going through this garbage. Lesson learned?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #20
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
if i ask for a refund my them, i will never get it. They emailed me asking me when they ship my trunk out which they still havn't after promising me several times it will be within the week, if i can help them ship another buyers trunk to them or hold the other trunk to be picked up.
how did you pay? if cc or paypal contact them and seek resolution. if not wait for both trunks and say you got neither and then get refund and screw these tools.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #21
narkotic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I believe there is a certain 'statute of limitations' with chargebacks... Paypal is like 30 days? Credit cards it all depends on the card type. August may be too far back...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #22
Shamim
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkotic View Post
I believe there is a certain 'statute of limitations' with chargebacks... Paypal is like 30 days? Credit cards it all depends on the card type. August may be too far back...
Thats the issue, I payed with my credit card through paypal. Paypal takes a while to get the refund because they need to contact the other party and seek word from them which will be impossible because they are MIA. I have been trying to call Duke and tell them if it hasn't shipped to refund me but i can't even reach them for that. I e-mailed Duke telling them they have until the end of friday to call me or else I am going to call and submit a fraud report
Appreciate 0