BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #1
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Male Rights Activists Boycotts V-Day

Any guy who gives flowers on Feb. 14 is a blooming idiot.

So says Marc Rudov, a relationship expert in Los Gatos, Calif., who is on a campaign to get American men to boycott Valentine's Day.

According to Rudov, who has authored books such as "Under the Clitoral Hood: How to Crank Her Engine Without Cash, Booze or Jumper Cables," believes Valentine's Day should be canceled permanently because it promotes unequality of the sexes.

"There's nothing romantic about coercing men to oblige female entitlement," Rudov said. "Valentine's Day artificially and unilaterally caters to women. It's the media's annual male-bashing fest."

Rudov believes the holiday is better named "Nomance Day" and says he expects all "real men" to boycott it.

This is the fifth year that Rudov has declared his boycott, and he admits it's been an uphill battle.

"Have I made a dent?" Rudov rhetorically asked AOL News. "Absolutely not! That's because men are wimps and they do what their women want. Guys [celebrate Valentine's Day] because they're afraid they'll get rejected in the bedroom."

Rudov admits he too once fell for the "sextortion," but changed for the better about 10 years ago.

"I asked myself, 'Why am I doing this? It's stupid,' " he said. "And it is, but you know what? Most people follow the herd."

Part of Rudov's complaint is that V-day is an example of "expected generosity," a term he points out "is both oxymoronic and moronic."

"Valentine's Day is a romantic implant," he griped. "It's fake."

It also violates Rudov's sense of fairness.

"In the upcoming Super Bowl, there won't be one commercial urging women to buy gifts for men. In fact, Faith Hill will appear in an emasculating Teleflora spot to condescendingly help a hapless sound technician shop for his girlfriend," he said.

"Any man who buckles to society's pressure to buy her overpriced flowers or jewelry or meals on Feb. 14 is a eunuch desperate for sex, and he needs to grow a pair.

"A guy is pressured to shell out dough on Valentine's Day because he doesn't want to be singled out as a cheap bastard, but is a woman cheap if she doesn't buy gifts?"

Rudov claims he once did an experiment designed to prove his point: He went into a Hallmark card store asking for the section for "apology cards for women to give to men."

"The women there practically laughed me out of the store," he said. "They said, 'Women don't apologize to men.' Then I went to a florist and asked how many women bought flowers for men. The florist told me, 'Women don't buy flowers for men.' "

Complete Story Here
      02-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Every Valentine's Day exchange I've had has been overall mutual. I gave a gift, I received a gift. I hear what he's saying, but it's up to individual people in relationships to decide what they will accept and not accept, and stand for it. No 2 people are ever going to be equal, let alone across race or gender. I never buy the whole equality thing, it isn't realistic.

And as a man, I don't want fucking flowers. And an apology is better expressed through revised behavior rather than a stupid hallmark card.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

I told my girl that I am not doing shit on Valentine's Day, that this is a bogus, capitalist, feminist, materialist "holiday", and I for one do not support a single ounce of it.

I'm not buying insanely overpriced flowers, candies, or cards. I will however be affectionate and go out for dinner, but that is it.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
yea, its a bogus holiday

but i end up spending money every year regardless, usually on dinner
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
yea, its a bogus holiday

but i end up spending money every year regardless, usually on dinner
Its NOT EVEN A DAMN HOLIDAY. No one get a day off!

Probably its more meaningful to Al Capone...
      02-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #6
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
I just went snowboarding with a couple of buddies on Valentines last year. GF said as a "punishment" I will have to go to Hawaii with her, but she paid for her half of the trip.

Some punishment. lol
      02-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
I just went snowboarding with a couple of buddies on Valentines last year. GF said as a "punishment" I will have to go to Hawaii with her, but she paid for her half of the trip.

Some punishment. lol
As long as both of you had a great time...so what?
      02-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Steak and BJ day. look it up.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0